Renault

https://www.planetf1.com/news/renault-st...r-in-2015/

[b]The very public spat between Renault and Red Bull has continued with Cyril Abiteboul saying they stopped listening to Christian Horner years ago.[/b]
Renault’s rocky relationship with Red Bull is coming to an end at the 2018 season as Red Bull enter a new partnership with Japanese engine manufacturers Honda.
The two teams are going through a messy break-up period, which was exasperated in Hungary by Max Verstappen’s latest Renault engine-related DNF.
Verstappen unleashed a volley of expletives over team radio about the power unit, while Horner himself said that Renault are charging millions of pounds for a below-par product.
Renault, though, continue to be unperturbed by Red Bull’s latest outburst, especially with the end of the partnership in sight.
“Our bosses have stopped reading what Christian Horner is saying about us since 2015,” Abiteboul told Autosport.

“It’s very clear that we don’t want to have any dealings with them any more. It’s very clear it’s done.
“They will have their engine partner that will be paying a helluva money to get their product on board, and I wish them good luck. I have nothing else to say.”

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Yeah, I read those comments, and while I think Horner and Red Bull initially could've handled things with Renault better, you has to look at it as it stands now and honestly ask the question whether they were right. The Renault engine is still shyte. It's not just the MGU-H, that is seemingly OK now. It is literally their ICE and MGU-K... it's not good enough. traces suggest that the Honda units currently in the back of the TR also have more power than Renault now. Honestly, I think Red Bull may well have made the right choice, plus Abiteboul's comments aren't great, literally acknowledging they're not listening to their customers, and not trying to resolve their issues. If I were McLaren I'd be concerned with his attitude.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

(31-07-2018, 05:56 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  plus Abiteboul's comments aren't great

Whilst I agree, he should be a lot more professional, I can perfectly understand why Renault would want to flip Red Bull the middle finger. Horner is equally at fault with what he says about Renault in public (and the way he says it). Is it ok for me to express my opinion that I think Horner is a whingeing, whinning little tosser? My least favourite team principle. Ever. By a long, long way.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Morini I agree with you over Horner. Part of me is still amazed he's at Red Bull. However, Renault engines are shyte, and after 5 years for them still to be utter shyte, with reliability still being bad, arguably getting worse, there have been more Renault failures this year than the whole of last year already, spread across Red Bull, Renault and McLaren... I think I too by now would be trashing Renault. They kinda deserve it.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/138080/new-floor-among-renault-updates-for-spa

Would this mean they are getting this upgrade in with a view to 2019 ideas? I am guessing so
[+] 1 user Likes LotusLover's post

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/138375...er-upgrade

best line:

Cyril: ""We just have to hope that Christian is not on Sky when they have a problem!" he added.

hahaha Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 4 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/138597...ult-engine

Renault's Spec C is base for top engine - Carlos Sainz Jr.

Carlos Sainz Jr believes Renault will "finally make an engine at the level of Mercedes and Ferrari" next season after its latest Formula 1 upgrade made its debut in Italy last weekend.

Renault customer team Red Bull used the new 'Spec C' engine at Monza, with Daniel Ricciardo and Max Verstappen reporting satisfactory gains in line with Renault's 0.3s estimate.
Sainz, who will leave the Renault works team to join its other customer McLaren in 2019, says the manufacturer should be encouraged by the Spec C's debut. 

"The C-spec is the baseline of next year's engine," said Sainz.
"It looks to be working well in the Red Bull, and they look pretty pleased with that.
"That's a good step. It's a shame that we didn't have it this year because it would make our life a lot easier against the Haas and against the Force Indias. 

"I have faith that Renault is going to finally make an engine at the level of Mercedes and Ferrari.

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/renau...i/3181374/

Renault technical chief Marcin Budkowski believes the controversy over him joining the Formula 1 outfit from the FIA last year was blown out of proportion by rival teams.

Budkowski’s signing last October caused an uproar among Renault’s rivals, who were concerned that the former FIA F1 technical chief would be able to take secrets with him to his new employers.
But following a six-month period of gardening leave before he could start work at Enstone, having been restricted to Renault’s Viry factory at first, Budkowski thinks that much of the knowledge he gained at the FIA was of no value anyway to current F1 car performance.
“I think it was way overblown,” said Budkowski, when asked by Motorsport.com about the controversy his move created.

“Yes, I can understand the [team] concerns, but I think, to be honest, there are two things: one is that it was a quiet time in F1. There was not much happening, so I think it took proportions that were a little bit too big for what it really was.

"And then it was a little bit instrumental in some of the teams, who added a bit of controversy to it.”
While Budkowski’s previous work at the FIA had given him privileged access to team factories and understanding their developments, he thinks the pace of progress is so fast in F1 that the value of what he learned faded quickly.
“I had three months' notice, and we respected that even further, because we took [an extra] three months in Viry, which were removed from any activity.

“Whether it is enough or not is not for me to say, but I didn’t have any conscience issues about that.
“It is moving so quickly in F1, that stuff gets obsolete so quickly and to be honest, the controversial stuff from last year? Most of it got banned anyway. All of the exotic suspension systems etc., they was all banned.

I disagree with Marcin Budkowski, he literally had seen the RBR, Ferrari and Mercedes development plans for their 2018 cars at the time, and was judging their legality. So while he may not know the teams plans for front wings in say Spa, he does understand their design philosophy and thus their likely development. He even saw RBRs gearing ratios if you believe Horner. I can see why Ferrari are annoyed too, because he is literally the chap who originally OK'ed their engine plans also. He knows a hell of a lot actually, and I fully expect in 2019 Renault to have used his knowledge, to at the very least, closed the gap.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

(22-09-2018, 12:31 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  I fully expect in 2019 Renault to have used his knowledge, to at the very least, closed the gap.

Fingers crossed Jody, the masterplan is starting to come to fruition Smile

just need these pesky B teams, to feck off, lol, 4th this year will still be a struggle I think, hopefully Checo and Moanjean will help us out Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 2 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post