Williams

(03-05-2019, 06:16 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Lol, here`s motogpnews outlook on the "claim" (non pc as always Wink )
http://motogpnews.com/2019/04/26/have-wi...nce-claim/

That is hilarious Forza!!!!
[+] 4 users Like NeilP's post

Taken from social media

Le Journal de Montreal has reported Nicholas Latifi, who is also a Williams reserve, could be getting ready to step into the second seat in the coming races.
The current F2 series leader is driving both days at this week's test in Spain and according to the Canadian publication: “Kubica reportedly had a clause in his contract stating that he could be replaced during the season.”

Watch this space.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Yeah, to be brutally honest Kubica isn't good enough for F1 anymore. Russell has utterly destroyed him, and he's been generating bizarre conspiracy theory excuses as to why. Firstly that Russell's car was different. Not true, Williams alternated chassis's so Kubica could see for himself, and Russell beat him in his car so to speak. Then there was the claims that as he's a Mercedes junior driver that Mercedes had give. him a "better" engine. Not true, FIA watch that like a hawk, and finally on Polish radio he said after Barcelona that he feels Williams as a British team are favouring a British driver. Maybe. However, that doesn't explain finishing on average a second behind your team mate in Qualifying consistently and finishing way behind him in races. It's been sad to watch him return when he clearly isn't up to the task.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

(14-05-2019, 05:21 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Yeah, to be brutally honest Kubica isn't good enough for F1 anymore. Russell has utterly destroyed him, and he's been generating bizarre conspiracy theory excuses as to why. Firstly that Russell's car was different. Not true, Williams alternated chassis's so Kubica could see for himself, and Russell beat him in his car so to speak. Then there was the claims that as he's a Mercedes junior driver that Mercedes had give. him a "better" engine. Not true, FIA watch that like a hawk, and finally on Polish radio he said after Barcelona that he feels Williams as a British team are favouring a British driver. Maybe. However, that doesn't explain finishing on average a second behind your team mate in Qualifying consistently and finishing way behind him in races. It's been sad to watch him return when he clearly isn't up to the task.

Absolutley.

I think most of us had reservations about RK returning. This was the most likely scenario IMO. It would be hard for a fully fit driver to come back after such a long break and with such a fundmentally different type of car. Ten times as hard when you've come back from such a serious injury.

Myself, I wish he hadn't come back at all now.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Paddy (Houdini) Lowe formally leaves Williams technical boss role...

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/...-boss-role

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

I've been one of the few F1 fans who think Paddy isn't all he's cracked up to be. As a McLaren fan I remember his cars being more miss than hit, and overly reliant on gimmicks. No question he's good at generating ideas, but he needs a large talented team around him to either make those ideas work, or to reign him in.

So Robert calls it a day. Good decision I have an immense amount of respect for what he achieved but he is simply not good enough. I wish him the very best in his future endeavours.

Hulkenberg to Williams... no I dont think so.

Latifi methinks!
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

(19-09-2019, 02:41 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Hulkenberg to Williams... no I dont think so.

Latifi methinks!

Looks like Williams might be the only team with a free seat next year, his experience would obviously help, can they afford him? Latifi, any idea if he's bringing any cash with him? sad to see Kubica go but his time has come, one of life's *what ifs* 

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

ROKiT Williams Racing is delighted to announce Nicholas Latifi will complete the team’s driver line-up for 2020, partnering George Russell in next year’s FIA Formula One World Championship.

[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Williams Grand Prix Holdings agrees for the sale of a majority stake in Williams Advanced Engineering to EMK Capital.

https://www.williamsf1.com/advanced-engi...ngineering

Perhaps Claire blew all the dosh on shoes & handbags Wink

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post