Williams

I remain pessimistic on what Head can actually do, like I said I respect his past achievements who would not but as it pertains to todays F1 I am unsure.

On a separate yet related note how many more races do you think we see Robert Kubica in the car he is clearly way behind his young team mate and its obvious to me as romantic a story line as it was its not going to work out for him. Yes, I give the man a ton of respect but I think his future lies elsewhere and Williams should get another driver in that car.

Having lost out on Force India, Dmitry Mazepin, father of Formula 2 driver Nikita, is reportedly in talks with Williams about a possible takeover of the under-fire F1 team.

Despite back-to-back P5s in 2016 and 2017, Williams dropped the ball in 2018 falling to last in the championship.

This has led to much speculation about the team’s future with the Italian edition of Motorsport.com reporting that Mazepin could step in as the team’s saviour.

According to the report during the Chinese GP weekend there was “first confirmations leaked about negotiation between Williams and Dmitry Mazepin, father of Nikita.

“However, the topic under discussion was not (at least in direct form) about the career of the twenty-year-old Russian pilot, but about the possibility that Mazepin Sr could acquire control of the Grove team.”

Last year Mazepin attempted to purchase the Force India team but lost out to Lawrence Stroll, who had initially been interested in taking over the Williams team.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Not sure Williams being sold to anyone will solve their problems. It's not like they aren't a profitable outfit with a decent budget and other business enterprises. They need a change of senior management it's as simple as that. Maybe selling the team will grab them that, but it will mean yet more pay drivers and Mercedes having even less options for their junior drivers.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

(18-04-2019, 05:11 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Not sure Williams being sold to anyone will solve their problems. It's not like they aren't a profitable outfit with a decent budget and other business enterprises. They need a change of senior management it's as simple as that. Maybe selling the team will grab them that, but it will mean yet more pay drivers and Mercedes having even less options for their junior drivers.

Yes, but at that point it will cease to be Williams. In much the same way that McLaren has ceased to be McLaren. Sad, but true.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Williams has announced a new multi-year partnership with The Financial Times ahead of this weekend’s Azerbaijan Grand Prix.
Williams, who gained ROKiT title sponsor backing at the start of 2019 after concluding its deal with Martini, welcomes The Financial Times as an official partner to mark the media organisation’s first venture into Formula 1 having run an annual series called ‘The Business of Formula 1’.

The Financial Times logo is set to appear of the rear-wing plate of the FW42 for the remainder of the 2019 F1 season.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

That's interesting, wasn't the FT one of the sponsors Mercedes got for Russell during his junior career? Either way it's good to see Williams being able to attract new sponsorship deals, despite the fact they're are clearly rubbish.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

Williams insists team not up for sale despite Mazepin rumours

The Williams Formula 1 team is not up for sale, deputy team principal Claire Williams has insisted.

Last week it was reported that the Williams team was the subject of interest from Dmitry Mazepin, father of Formula 2 racer Nikita, and that discussions had taken place recently regarding investment and a possible shareholding.

But deputy team principal Williams insists this is not the case and has denied engaging in any conversation with Mazepin this year.

Asked by Motorsport.com to address the rumour and clarify if the team was seeking investment on that scale, Williams said: "I saw those stories, I paid little attention to them.

"I haven't met Mr Mazepin to talk about that. We had a brief conversation in the mid part of last year but subsequent to that there have been no conversations.

"I'd just like to be really categoric about it: Williams is not for sale, I have no intention of putting Williams up for sale. I don't see why we would."

The future of the Williams F1 team has been under scrutiny for some time, long before Paddy Lowe's protracted exit as chief technical officer and question marks over the leadership of the team.

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Baku to reimburse Williams for drain cover accident damage.

Azerbaijan Grand Prix officials have confirmed that Williams will get compensation for the damage caused to George Russell's car when it hit a loose drain cover last weekend.

Russell's chassis had to be sent back to the Williams factory after it sustained a hefty knock from a kicked-up drain cover in opening free practice.

Following meetings over the weekend between deputy team principal Claire Williams and Baku F1 chiefs, it has now been confirmed that the outfit will get an insurance payout as soon as possible.
Arif Rahimov, the promoter of the Azerbaijan GP, said he was pushing for the matter to be sorted swiftly after apologising to Williams for what happened.

"Obviously this is our fault, we did admit it," Rahimov told Motorsport.com about the outcome of the meeting he had with Williams. "It's something that we as a circuit shouldn't have allowed. We have checked again our insurance policy and it is fully covered.

"Our legal department is talking to Williams' legal department and they will be reimbursed in full. Obviously there are no hard feelings, as we both understand that it was never meant to be and it was definitely not on purpose. We were very apologetic and we also sent some flowers to say we were really sorry about what happened."

While Haas had to wait almost a year to get a payout from Sepang over a drain incident at the 2017 Malaysian Grand Prix, Rahimov is eager for the Williams situation to be sorted out in a much shorter timeframe.

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

We sent some flowers..... man that gave me one big belly laugh. I wonder if they were Red Roses!!!!
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

Lol, here`s motogpnews outlook on the "claim" (non pc as always Wink )
http://motogpnews.com/2019/04/26/have-wi...nce-claim/

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post