Williams

I hope that is true Hesh. I'm (idiodically) patriotic and really want to see Williams and McLaren at the pointy end again. I know everyone takes the piss a lot because of my "Mercedes is British" stance, but I honestly believe it is mostly accurate in engineering terms.

F1 is a very British thing, always has been. The rest of the world hates that, but I love it!!

It has always been Britain V Italy. Heh... (retire to dafe distace)....
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(08-03-2019, 09:33 PM)morini Wrote:   I know everyone takes the piss a lot because of my "Mercedes is British" stance, 

I dont know what you are talking about Mein Fuhrer  Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(08-03-2019, 09:33 PM)morini Wrote:  I hope that is true Hesh. I'm (idiodically) patriotic and really want to see Williams and McLaren at the pointy end again.

Yup I'm the same.    Cool 

Really looking forward to watching Lando & George, positive vibes to Williams and McLaren.     Big Grin

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

(08-03-2019, 09:57 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  I dont know what you are talking about Mein Fuhrer  Tongue

Twat!

;-)
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

I didn't want to get into it earlier on, but I said that Paddy was always gimmick heavy, and so it has proved again. He's gone chasing silver bullet yet again, rather than just providing a solid base. He's not the only problem at Williams, far from it, Claire is the big problem back there, but paddy Lowe was never going to be the technical director to get them out of their very deep hole. He's always needed a big team around him to reign him in and do the leg work, his ideas can be great if others can make them work, that's always been the case. I just hope it hasn't destroyed him or Williams, because neither deserve that, I actually like Lowe, but he does need the technical team around him and Williams just don't have that, their technical department has been decimated. It's a massive job to turn them round, Lowe might have a role in that but he needs support, but Claire has to go.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

The 2019 campaign has been a sobering one for Williams, but in a bid to transform their fortunes, the iconic British team have tempted co-founder Sir Patrick Head to return to Grove to support the engineering team in a consultancy capacity…

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/artic...wYD7N.html

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

This is a move that screams desperation to me. What can Patrick Head possibly bring to the team after so many years out of the firing line? Don't get me wrong he deserves the utmost respect for his past achievements. Surely there has to be more qualified and up to date engineers available to help Williams in their current situation.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

"What can Patrick Head possibly bring to the team"

Experience, nouse also to me with a soft spot for British teams hope. Wink

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(29-03-2019, 11:50 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Surely there has to be more qualified and up to date engineers available to help Williams in their current situation.

Engineering talent doesn't go out of date so I think this is a good thing. Patrick Head is deservedy regarded as a legend and what Williams need is somoene to come in and look down from a high level. Sometimes it is difficult to see wat is wrong when you are deep down in the detail. I think he will identify and sort out any fundamental problems, but I doubt it there will be any quick fixes. They need a redesign really.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Patrick Head is one of the smartest guys F1 has ever had. If he thinks he can do something, I'd back him. Truth is they need to try something, but I think Claire Williams needs to go.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post