Williams

(22-02-2019, 08:08 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Hesh, I always said Lowe was pants and over rated. Ask any McLaren fan and they'll tell you that he was the beginning of the end for the team. His cars were always gimmick laden in the hopes one of them would turn out to be the next double diffuser, and they never did. The telling thing for me when he left was how amiable it all was for F1. I think McLaren felt like they'd dodged a bullet.

Hmmm....,

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I am not privy to enough information to make meaningful observations on this one. I can only recall and refer to what others have said about Paddy in the past. I know Lewis was very pleased when Paddy chose to move from McLaren to Mercedes (not long after his own move). I can't imagine that was move enforced by McLaren at the time as they were already shit by this time anyway. Who knows what happens behind the scenes though? I guess you are only as good as your last winning car? I'm just glad I don't work in that cauldron of pressure day in day out. It must be draining.

Paddy no doubt must take most of the flak for Williams current predicament, he is where the buck stops at the end of the day. But I am not convinced Williams current woes are entirely down to him. If I was to give my unbiased (layman) opinion I would say Paddy is a massively talented engineer who is currently out of his depth in a team which has lost it's way quite badly. Whatever your walk of life, you simply don't lose talent overnight. They need some management direction (Clare Williams is not the right person IMHO). Perhaps there should be someone slightly less technical above Paddy who sees the “bigger picture” and can do the program management role? Paddy can then concentrate on the engineering side.

Paddy isn’t all bad, I think he’s got a deserved reputation as an innovator. But look at any team sport – I use rugby union because I love it – we have all seen many talented individuals fail badly because they were part of a poor team. Put those same individuals in a strong team and they will thrive and succeed.

Williams could be a force again, but they need the whole team to be strong. Not just one man.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Very well put Morini, and I'll confess, teams personnel is something I struggle to keep up with, but for the sake of banter
Tongue
When you read certain comments that apparently came out of Williams about Paddy not taking responsibility for the cars situation is really sad to hear. I think this just compounds the need for more structure in Williams. Since the hybrid era most other teams have multiple seniors collaborating to ensure the cars delivery, and Williams just don't seem to of had that. However, they will not be the first to lay blame upon single shoulders.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Paddy Lowe is taking "leave of absence" for personal reasons

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/artic...4YQyn.html

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(06-03-2019, 11:13 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Paddy Lowe is taking "leave of absence" for personal reasons

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/artic...4YQyn.html

I see Benson is reporting this as permanent.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/47476566

Either way, I feel Paddy is a scapegoat and have a lot of sympathy for him.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(07-03-2019, 07:53 AM)morini Wrote:  Either way, I feel Paddy is a scapegoat and have a lot of sympathy for him.

Perhaps, but.....I just wish he had have been holding Claire`s hand on the way out the door...2 for the price of 1  Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

It really is a shame to hear. Not at all what the team needs, their circle of the drain is ever decreasing. I imagine it'll be permanent departure from Williams, nobody takes a leave of absence and returns to the same team in F1.

Paddys future? I'd like to see him still involved in F1 though his (as Anti would point out) stock value is probably at an all time low. So I'm gonna guess Formula E abound he is, back to Mercedes maybe as they prepare to enter FE next season? I think Porsche are also running some preliminary trailing FE.

[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Racers Edge - Williams Now by Peter Windsor

https://www.omologatowatches.com/blog/ra...e-williams

[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Williams F1 legality analysed by Scarbs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_conti...qNXKm_nbqo

(08-03-2019, 08:45 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Williams F1 legality analysed by Scarbs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_conti...qNXKm_nbqo

Ironic. Or what? 

Technical legality questions against a very weak tail ending team. Really? I guess Willliams need to push the boundaries as their overall concept isn't there, but this is a bit sad for me.

So will other teams *really* want to adopt an idea from a team at the back of the grid? Even if it was questioned and deemed legal I can't see Williams develpoing anything the front end teams haven't thought of already. Smacks of "rubbing the salt in" for me. Sorry.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

You never know Morini, maybe Williams have found a sweet spot loop hole other teams have failed to see. I'm glad there is a bit of controversial designing on a car heading into the season.

I have read a rumour: That Pirelli asked F1 for teams to provide a prototype mule 2021 car for them to test and design the tyres with. It was unanimously decided that Williams can be the team to do so. It was on the basis that they are having such a hard time off the pace, that the advantage of designing the mule car would actually help them get back up to speed.

[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post