Williams

Williams officially confirm sponsor deal with iconic F1 brand Gulf Oil.

Williams will run with a new sponsor for the 2023 season and beyond after confirming a multi-year deal with the iconic sponsor Gulf Oil.

“I am incredibly excited about this partnership between Williams Racing and Gulf, a renowned and trusted global brand, who have put their trust in us as a long-term partner,” said Williams Racing chairman Matthew Savage.

“This signifies the strength of our brand and commercial offerings as we continue our transformation.

“Gulf and Williams Racing share an illustrious motorsport heritage and, together, we are making history with this partnership.”

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Having seen the Red Bull & Mercedes this looks some what basic...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Both Williams cars to run upgrades as team builds momentum in Austria.

The head of vehicle performance at Williams has said that Logan Sargeant will in Austria run the upgrades used by team-mate Alex Albon in Canada, which secured the latter P7 at the chequered flag.

In addition, Dave Robson has said the team are bringing more minor adjustments to the outer flood fence and front brake duct vane.

With upgraded parts and strategic adjustments, the team is focused on consolidating their recent success and delivering a strong performance.

"We secured a good result at the last event in Montreal," said Robson. Williams now aims to build on that momentum with another impressive showing at the Red Bull Ring.

Robson said: “This weekend, both cars will have the upgraded parts that only Alex ran in Canada.

"We have also been able to make some minor adjustments to the outer floor fence and front brake duct vane to gain a little more performance from the new floor package.

“Both cars will have these latest developments but, as this is a sprint event, there will be limited time to assess the extra performance.”

Williams unveils the special livery they will use for the Singapore, Japan and Qatar GP

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(11-07-2023, 11:10 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Williams unveils the special livery they will use for the Singapore, Japan and Qatar GP

Gulf  Cool

American driver Lia Block will represent Williams in next year's F1 Academy.

Block, the daughter of off-road motorsport icon Ken Block, has competed in Extreme E, rallycross and rallying.

The 17-year-old won the 2023 American Rally Association Open Two-Wheel Drive class to become the youngest ARA champion in history.

All 10 current Formula 1 teams will have one driver and have their livery on a car competing in the all-female F1 Academy from 2024.

[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

(15-11-2023, 01:22 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  American driver Lia Block will represent Williams in next year's F1 Academy.

And I still wont be watching it..... unless of course they are all wearing bikini`s...oh, and mud wrestling during the pitstops  Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

James Vowles’ decision to leave Mercedes to join Williams as team boss resulted in some friendly advice being offered by Toto Wolff.   (PF1)

With Vowles having switched sides to become a rival on the grid for 2023, Vowles recounted the story of Wolff’s advice as he appeared on the High-Performance podcast.

“I think he said ‘Don’t be s**t’ – [that] was his advice! Which I’m trying to do!” he chuckled.

“Other than that, he knows that I’ve been forming for this for quite a while, so there was little he could provide about it.

“Even today, it’s not just him, I would say Fred (Vasseur) and Otmar (Szafnaeur) – before he left – and a few others were guiding voices where I can happily call them, even though they are adversaries. It’s not asking for advice but they can give me guidance.”

I like Vowles a lot and I think he is doing a decent job for Williams. I always loved his post race debriefing on Youtube. In fact I dont think I have watched any since he left
[+] 4 users Like NeilP's post

Made me smile  Tongue

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)