To cheat, or not to cheat?

(22-10-2018, 09:09 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Its emerged that Mercedes changed their wheel hubs last minute to avoid post race protest. These hubs were brought in at Spa or Monza, they have been potentially illegal since then, and all of which those races were won by Mercedes....

Sorry so they raced with potentially illegal hubs, how does that work and where is the source for this?

(22-10-2018, 09:15 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  Sorry so they raced with potentially illegal hubs, how does that work and where is the source for this?

I added a link above LL #germancheatingbastards  Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

(22-10-2018, 09:19 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(22-10-2018, 09:15 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  Sorry so they raced with potentially illegal hubs, how does that work and where is the source for this?

Oh imagine it was 5 races of illegal parts, people saying this explains their sudden control of tyre temps then in Austin not so good, oh this could be juicy and VERY IRONIC if it were founded

(22-10-2018, 09:19 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  

What I do not get is why FIA advise Merc that there could potentially be an enquiry, where then Merc change the design, what’s that about then??

Yeah I was skeptical at first as it was only one of the handles I follow on twitter reporting it. However more reports have surfaced.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/139578...otest-risk

What some fans should be more annoyed at, is why they weren't noticed sooner.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.

(23-10-2018, 09:44 AM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Yeah I was skeptical at first as it was only one of the handles I follow on twitter reporting it. However more reports have surfaced.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/139578...otest-risk

What some fans should be more annoyed at, is why they weren't noticed sooner.

To be honest its all speculation, what i find interesting out of all this is : FIA can only advise, whereas Stewards get the final say, that i didn't know, and its just like we were saying at Ferrari when they lost their performance, in this case Merc suffered on their tyres whereas they had solved the issue in the last few races, it could be as you suggest lack of sims in the practises and the increased pressures caught them out, what i find odd, is why they changed their rims, if its legal leave it?? But i suppose they didnt want their championship tainted, well that won't happen amongst fans now will it?? 

Love that it is the Germans being scrutinised for a change, and effectivelty the heat is off Ferrari, gotta admit though funny how the balance swung back to Ferrari.

Is it too early to say 4 genuine titles to Ham one with suspicion written above it Smile

Drama queen. It was already reported on sky that the Mercedes rims had been cleared by the FIA.

You seem to have a very hard time accepting that Lewis Hamilton will be a 5x WDC because he is better than his rival. A lot better in reality.

(23-10-2018, 11:33 AM)morini Wrote:  Drama queen. It was already reported on sky that the Mercedes rims had been cleared by the FIA.

You seem to have a very hard time accepting that Lewis Hamilton will be a 5x WDC because he is better than his rival. A lot better in reality.

Don't be daft its as your website says, BANTER Smile

(23-10-2018, 11:33 AM)morini Wrote:  Drama queen. It was already reported on sky that the Mercedes rims had been cleared by the FIA.

This is what I don't get, FIA cleared them after rival enquires, yet Merc didn't run them in fear of protests....

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.

(23-10-2018, 12:39 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  

This is what I don't get, FIA cleared them after rival enquires, yet Merc didn't run them in fear of protests....

This is because the most ludicrous situation is although the FIA are the governing body it is the race stewards that have the final say on the matter.  This situation needs to be dealt with once and for all. If the FIA sanction something that should be the end of it. Teams running crying to the FIA is getting old this season.

Formula 1 teams now look set to be involved in talks with the FIA about the controversy over wheel rims, amid the recent focus surrounding what Mercedes has been up to.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/fia-w...i/3200763/

[Image: mercedes-wheel-detail-1.jpg]

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post