To cheat, or not to cheat?

F1 is hilarious at times, so whilst Ferrari innovated by applying the mirrors in Monaco, teams (no doubt Mercedes included, all complained).

Now we have the shoe on the other foot, and it is now Ferrari that are deemed bad losers for an enquiry into Mercedes innovation (well Red Bulls original idea, yes yes i know the RBR was about blown axles but the idea is extremely close in design to RBRs original). 

So which is it innovation? (dont mind that) or cheating?, swings and roundabouts (mostly swinging hand bags) but what is good for the goose is good for the gander. Why did Merc revert what is their media line? If there was nothing untoward why remove it, surely that is a question most of us would like to know?
[+] 5 users Like LotusLover's post

First of all let us remove the word cheat or cheating from this conversation. If something has been done with the consent and understanding of the FIA ruling body then use of the word is wholly inaccurate and inappropriate.

To answer your question Lotus Mercedes reverted because in their situation they have lots to lose and nothing to gain. As I stated in my previous post we are in a situation where the governing body can be over ruled by the race stewards of the current race which is absolutely a stupid situation and frankly I doubt many if any of them understand the rules the way the FIA who make them do.

Personally I would like to see teams ability to challenge any other teams on technical issues removed and put the whole responsibility on conformation left to the FIA after all they set the rules and teams routinely consult them on issues. Probably too sensible and logical to happen.
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

(23-10-2018, 05:00 PM)NeilP Wrote:  First of all let us remove the word cheat or cheating from this conversation. 

NO fecking way Neil, as a Ferrari and Schumacher fan I have had to endure years of accusations of cheating, and now you dont want me to have a little retaliation firmly aimed at fans of that German team (sorry Morini but thats what they are regardless of where they get their dodgy wheel rims posted to)
#germancheatingbastards  Tongue
#wherethefeckispapaofgags

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

LMAO Forza - Past is the past and has no bearing on current issues let it go Forza its unalterable! I was not as into the sport during that period as I am now so I cannot comment on your pain but I trust it was genuine.

Ferrari themselves have innovated this season and have been reported by teams to the FIA but the FIA has stood firmly by them and basically told everyone there is nothing untoward going on here. This issue with Mercedes and the wheels is no different.

I do not like this bickering between teams its is typical of the sport but totally unnecessary. If the FIA approve of your change that should be the end of the matter.

Forza, please calm down I dont want a heart attack to take you away from these boards it would ruin my entertainment factor in a really bad way. Papa, please send Forza a Flapjack, I will even pay for it!!!!
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

(23-10-2018, 05:18 PM)NeilP Wrote:  LMAO Forza -  Past is the past and has no bearing on current issues let it go Forza its unalterable!  I was not as into the sport during that period as I am now so I cannot comment on your pain but I trust it was genuine.

Ferrari themselves have innovated this season and have been reported by teams to the FIA but the FIA has stood firmly by them and basically told everyone there is nothing untoward going on here. This issue with Mercedes and the wheels is no different.

I do not like this bickering between teams its is typical of the sport but totally unnecessary. If the FIA approve of your change that should be the end of the matter.

Forza, please calm down I dont want a heart attack to take you away from these boards it would ruin my entertainment factor in a really bad way. Papa, please send Forza a Flapjack, I will even pay for it!!!!

I like your style Neil, but FIA DID get involved in Ferrari's innovations, not saying they were wrong but, mirrors removed, 2nd sensor (if true) added so which is it? FIA do what they choose to be ok or, transparency throughout, why the fook are FIA advising Mercedes anyway, if it was legal stand by your conviction, don't pussy out because someone questions their integrity, which could be construed as a LACK of integrity wouldn't you say bud?

(23-10-2018, 05:00 PM)NeilP Wrote:  To answer your question Lotus Mercedes reverted because in their situation they have lots to lose and nothing to gain.

There, my friend, is the crux of it. Don't rise to the crap LL is posting, he's just shitstirring and trying to provoke a reaction.

(23-10-2018, 05:56 PM)morini Wrote:  
(23-10-2018, 05:00 PM)NeilP Wrote:  To answer your question Lotus Mercedes reverted because in their situation they have lots to lose and nothing to gain.

There, my friend, is the crux of it. Don't rise to the crap LL is posting, he's just shitstirring and trying to provoke a reaction.

Nah not at all, some of its banter (look it up in a dictionary) and the rest is a debate between a few of us, including Neil, hey it is what we do Smile

And may i add its what is going on in Motorsport.com or the other sites, that's what bloggers do, we like healthy debate, plus with a week to go before its over its come at a rather opportune moment for some

Lotus - I like your style Neil, but FIA DID get involved in Ferrari's innovations, not saying they were wrong but, mirrors removed, 2nd sensor (if true) added so which is it? FIA do what they choose to be ok or, transparency throughout, why the fook are FIA advising Mercedes anyway, if it was legal stand by your conviction, don't pussy out because someone questions their integrity, which could be construed as a LACK of integrity wouldn't you say bud?

I never said the FIA were not involved with Ferrari. Its obvious they worked very closely with what Ferrari were doing at certain times of the year. The FIA are frequently involved with all teams. Advising is the wrong word monitoring would be more accurate and what would be the difference between all the time they spent with Ferrari and the time they spent with Mercedes?. Naturally if they see something is illegal they are going to say so and not wait until a teams runs illegally in a race.

As regards Pussying out, its not that at all. If you have a bet and won 450 pounds but you can place another bet and add another 25 pounds to your winnings but there is a chance you could lose it all what do you do? Mercedes took the conservative (and in my mind sensible) decision to not take any risks. Again I point out to you the FIA had okayed the wheels use but like I said it is still possible to complain to the stewards who technically on race day can overrule the FIA which seems absolutely crazy to me.

Ferrari did use those mirrors in a race (more than one from memory) before being told to stop doing so, so technically speaking they broke the rules and yet suffered no consequences. Based on that fact why should Mercedes suffer any consequences anyway it does not seem to be fair. All teams are constantly pushing the boundaries because even a small gain can be hugely significant.

Morini - There, my friend, is the crux of it. Don't rise to the crap LL is posting, he's just shit stirring and trying to provoke a reaction.

He is just a tad frustrated as his arch enemy is going win the WDC, I can cut him some slack he is suffering enough already. A) he follows Renault and B) he has Foggy for a a room mate!!!

(23-10-2018, 09:25 PM)NeilP Wrote:  A) he follows Renault and B) he has Foggy for a a room mate!!!

Short answer  Neil. . . . https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=johnny...KGtvapNXBM:

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 1 user Likes Foghorn Leghorn's post

(23-10-2018, 09:25 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Lotus - I like your style Neil, but FIA DID get involved in Ferrari's innovations, not saying they were wrong but, mirrors removed, 2nd sensor (if true) added so which is it? FIA do what they choose to be ok or, transparency throughout, why the fook are FIA advising Mercedes anyway, if it was legal stand by your conviction, don't pussy out because someone questions their integrity, which could be construed as a LACK of integrity wouldn't you say bud?

I never said the FIA were not involved with Ferrari. Its obvious they worked very closely with what Ferrari were doing at certain times of the year. The FIA are frequently involved with all teams. Advising is the wrong word monitoring would be more accurate and what would be the difference between all the time they spent with Ferrari and the time they spent with Mercedes?. Naturally if they see something is illegal they are going to say so and not wait until a teams runs illegally in a race.

As regards Pussying out, its not that at all. If you have a bet and won 450 pounds but you can place another bet and add another 25 pounds to your winnings but there is a chance you could lose it all what do you do? Mercedes took the conservative (and in my mind sensible) decision to not take any risks. Again I point out to you the FIA had okayed the wheels use but like I said it is still possible to complain to the stewards who technically on race day can overrule the FIA which seems absolutely crazy to me.

Ferrari did use those mirrors in a race (more than one from memory) before being told to stop doing so, so technically speaking they broke the rules and yet suffered no consequences. Based on that fact why should Mercedes suffer any consequences anyway it does not seem to be fair. All teams are constantly pushing the boundaries because even a small gain can be hugely significant.

Morini - There, my friend, is the crux of it. Don't rise to the crap LL is posting, he's just shit stirring and trying to provoke a reaction.

He is just a tad frustrated as his arch enemy is going win the WDC, I can cut him some slack he is suffering enough already. A) he follows Renault and B) he has Foggy for a a room mate!!!

Yeah fair one Neil no-one is saying remove points or they are cheating, it’s just that when FIA do advise the articles words not mine mate, that kind of makes people think, I would like to hear Mercedes take on it personally, as for the stewards having final say so of course I find that unusual also I always thought the governing body would reside of ALL regs but hey ho it is odd but is what it is, as you say gains are gains if deemed legal then fair enough I like innovation Neil and it’s imo clever for Merc if that is what is cooling the tyres I think by cooling the brake pads I believe?? As for your last part look we don’t like each other and I obviously cannot speak about that German team and you know who without some feeling aggrieved so let it be what it is, I am sure there will be plenty of feedback from the Merc/Lewis fans I can take it because I like the banter that’s why I am here to talk F1 and have a bit of banter. 

Now if Lewis has a DNF get your body armour on ladies Smile
[+] 3 users Like LotusLover's post