2018 Hungarian GP

Absolutely Morini, they'll be a little extra motivation and focus I'd warrant. It's awful news for the team, he was such a big supporter of what they were doing and gave them unbelievable backing when the previous incumbent had started to lose faith, micromanage and cut funds to them, Marchionne stood right behind them and gave them what they needed... he was instrumental in the Haas technical tie up and with bring the Alfa Romeo name back to the grid with Sauber. I really hope that the next boss doesn't change direction for the F1 operations because so far it's working and they're making F1 exciting again.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

All happened a bit quickly didn't it. Big loss to the Scuderia family, and the sport.

Hungarian GP Technical Preview
https://formulaone21.wordpress.com/2018/...preview-2/

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 4 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Interesting read, I am amazed he thinks the track suits Mercedes more than Red Bull or Ferrari. I have extremely limited technical knowledge but I am finding that hard to swallow even though as a Mercedes fan I want to!!!!
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

(25-07-2018, 05:50 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Interesting read, I am amazed he thinks the track suits Mercedes more than Red Bull or Ferrari. I have extremely limited technical knowledge but I am finding that hard to swallow even though as a Mercedes fan I want to!!!!

Who thinks Hungaroring suits Mercedes more than Ferrari and Red Bull? We've all said pretty much the opposite.

(25-07-2018, 05:50 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Interesting read, I am amazed he thinks the track suits Mercedes more than Red Bull or Ferrari. I have extremely limited technical knowledge but I am finding that hard to swallow even though as a Mercedes fan I want to!!!!

He's an amateur F1 blogger isn't he? So it's just another opinion, it's not like he's Mark Hughes of Garry Anderson Wink

Take it with a large pinch of salt.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(25-07-2018, 05:58 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Who thinks Hungaroring suits Mercedes more than Ferrari and Red Bull? We've all said pretty much the opposite.

I thin Neil is referring to the wordpress blog posted by Heshy in the post above.

I don't agree with the blokes form predictions myself.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

"I think Neil is referring to the wordpress blog posted by Heshy in the post above."

Exactly Morini, I think I have Red Bull as favourites (do not know if Ricciardo has to take any penalties yet?) followed by Ferrari with Mercedes last of the three big teams. The only thing I will say about that is Hamilton has won 5 times there so there is a matter of past performance and confidence to be taken from that.

What I do find somewhat surprising is that Vettel never won there any of the years he was the Champion Driver. His two wins there have been with Ferrari.
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

(25-07-2018, 06:03 PM)morini Wrote:  
(25-07-2018, 05:58 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Who thinks Hungaroring suits Mercedes more than Ferrari and Red Bull? We've all said pretty much the opposite.

I thin Neil is referring to the wordpress blog posted by Heshy in the post above.

I don't agree with the blokes form predictions myself.

Yeah... just read that, half of it is lifted from the Official F1 site, and the bits about characteristics needed for the circuit seem wide of the mark. Most of the corners in the Hungaroring are slow to medium, or medium to slow with high or mostly medium traction zones on exit. So I don't get where he sees that favouring Mercedes. So literally turns 4 and 11 should favour Mercedes on paper, that's it. Hungary you need a car that doesn't mind being higher off the track, something we know the Mercedes struggles with and a responsive nose, which fair play the Merc definitely has.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

(25-07-2018, 06:08 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Hamilton has won 5 times there so there is a matter of past performance and confidence to be taken from that.

LH had one of his rare off the boil Saturdays last year though. Out qualified by VB by some margin (IIRC) at a track he's always gone well on. Was a big surprise for me, that one.

[edit] He was quicker in the race though. But by then the damage was done.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

I'm with him, Hamilton wasn't that far off in Monaco, which was also using the hypers, a Mercs weakness (maybe). As he states, recent form Merc have been top in the sector that relate to the times gainers in the this track. While they say "Its Monaco without the barriers" this is a damn quick track. However, his first line summed it up "This track should not particularly favour one of the top three teams"

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post