2018 Hungarian GP

Ok I will take your point but sorry I am going to agree to disagree, also I will be interested to see if Lewis doesn't do what he did to Nico in Austin if he is ahead of the title fight knowing he can afford it whereas his competitor cannot, that was my impression of 2015(an opinion of course), look we can say whatever, if you don't like a move that Seb does, that's fair enough I get that but, it was a racing incident and was cleared by the stewards, with a degree of 50/50 in THEIR opinion which is fine also, but many (myself included will disagree) ah the beauty of opinion. Shall we move on now lol

(01-08-2018, 07:05 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  
(01-08-2018, 06:53 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Lewis used to give the shoulder squeeze a la Schumacher and Prost, but like both of them he's learned to tone it down because of the risk, and only really squeezes opponents when it is 100% necessary. Just think Seb needs to learn that sometimes it's better to get a move done cleanly, than risk being taken out.

I pretty much agree completely Jody, certainly on Seb, though, when it comes to drivers like Lewis, Senna, Prost, (and yes Morini) Alonso.  I think some of their, "chopping" passes, in the past have been more about the psychological warfare, to get the upper hand, on a team mate or other diver, in the mental game. 

Seb, certainly didn't need to turn in, he had no point to prove in that scenario Smile

Agree with this, even with the bit about Alonso.    Wink

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Had enough. Bored with this debate now.

Me, I hope Vettel doesn't change his approach. It isn't the approach of someone seriously contesting a WDC (and that's perfectly fine with me).

(01-08-2018, 11:11 AM)morini Wrote:  @F1 Fan what I've been saying all along on this particular topic is Vettel did not handle that scenario like a driver who is contesting a WDC. Hamilton would have approached it very differently, I am 100 percent sure of it. Nobody said don't do the overtake, by all means do it (but get it done without risking your own race). Vettel could have been cleverer, he wasn't. It seems only Jody can see this viewpoint.

It could be his undoing if he carries on like that. Personally, I hope he does!

They spend enough time managing, tyres and cars, do we really want them to manage overtakes as well? For me it will be a sad day when they dont go for it. He made the chop because he had to, if he'd gone wide there was a bigger risk that Bottas would run into the side of him, it was a matter of inches.

If Seb does win it by three points i think the views would be different about whether it was necessary or not.
[+] 1 user Likes F1 Fan's post

(01-08-2018, 07:41 PM)F1 Fan Wrote:  They spend enough time managing, tyres and cars, do we really want them to manage overtakes as well? For me it will be a sad day when they dont go for it. He made the chop because he had to, if he'd gone wide there was a bigger risk that Bottas would run into the side of him, it was a matter of inches.

That is complete and utter bollocks.

But I'll let you have the last word because I've said my piece and am extermely bored of the whole conversation. Nothing you can say will change my mind on Vettels approach. Long may he continue with it. Lets leave it at that now.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(01-08-2018, 07:30 PM)morini Wrote:  Had enough. Bored with this debate now.

Me, I hope Vettel doesn't change his approach. It isn't the approach of someone seriously contesting a WDC (and that's perfectly fine with me).

You missed the part of a 4 WDC titl champion :Smiler did you forget hahahahaha
[+] 2 users Like LotusLover's post

I just can't understand why people keep arguing things we haven't said. Please stop with the straw man bullshit.

1) None of us have said Seb shouldn't have tried the over take. He absolutely should.
2) None of us have said we didn't like Sebs overtake. He lined Bottas up, a skinned him knowing making him having to shorten the exit of Turn 1 would make his tyres squeal. Clever driving.
3) None of us are arguing he hadn't got the move done, he had, Bottas had no way to fight back properly.

All we're saying is the chop was risky and stupid. Given there was contact I just can't see how anyone can argue otherwise. By all means have your opinions, but don't fucking misrepresent mine because I will stand my ground and I will call you out on your straw man bullshit.

And on that note, I'm closing this thread.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post