Mercedes

Best looking car I've seen, cool paint job, but is she quick?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Mercedes move the cockpit back as Lewis asked.

According to the BBC’s Andrew Benson, “Newey said at his car’s launch that there was an innovation on the Mercedes that he found “interesting” although he would not reveal what it was.

The suspicion is that he was referring to the front wing design.”

The design has reportedly been given the green light by the FIA.

Pit lane reporter Ted Kravitz says it’s genius.

“It is a genius move, so credit to John Owen the designer here who has come up with that bit of magic on the front wing,” he said.

“Hats off to their aero team. It’s such a lovely idea.”

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Mercedes’ W15 will feature a ‘WhatsApp button’ on its steering wheel in the F1 2024 season.

Is it to enable Lewis Hamilton and George Russell to send emojis back to Toto Wolff? Not quite, but it does allow communication between driver and garage.

The button, featuring the WhatsApp logo, will replace the yellow button previously seen on the Mercedes’ steering wheel which Hamilton or Russell would press to communicate with the garage.

So, it provides the same functionality but with a clever sponsorship opportunity added.

It is an innovative idea, giving WhatsApp some major exposure and providing Mercedes with a quirky addition to their F1 2024 car (and the income that inevitably comes from it).

Just imagining what messages Forza would like to be sending haha    Laughing

Mercedes seem to be doing something clever with its front suspension, this panel is removeable & the suspension can be quickly moved up or down,
it could even be moved at each track to test which setting works best.

[+] 6 users Like PapaofGags's post

MERCEDES HAS NEW ADAPTABLE F1 SUSPENSION TRICK ON W15  (MotorSport)

Mercedes teased us in the launch renders of its new W15 Formula 1 car, with one of the images showing us additional upper rear wishbone leg to its front suspension.

[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

Andrea Kimi Antonelli: The Mercedes junior and F2 driver tipped to replace Lewis Hamilton on 2025 F1 grid  (SKY F1)

[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Wolff: Mercedes gave Hamilton short F1 contract to keep Antonelli option open (Autosport)

Toto Wolff admits Mercedes didn’t commit to a longer-term Formula 1 contract with Lewis Hamilton because it didn’t want to risk losing protege Andrea Kimi Antonelli.

Wolff has compared the situation with 2014, when the team was keen to sign Max Verstappen but had nowhere to put him, while Red Bull was able to offer him a Toro Rosso seat for the following year.
“There was a situation many years ago where we had the opportunity to let Max drive,” Wolff told Austrian broadcaster ORF. “And that wasn't possible back then because we simply didn't have a cockpit.
“[Nico] Rosberg and Hamilton were tied to us long-term, and Red Bull naturally seized the opportunity. They gave him a contract with Toro Rosso, with the possibility of driving for Red Bull the following year. We then lost the young driver, and you can see how successful he has become. "

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(28-02-2024, 01:19 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Wolff: Mercedes gave Hamilton short F1 contract to keep Antonelli option open (Autosport)

Think we all saw this, Ferrari offered Lewis a 3yr deal when Mercedes wouldn't, can't blame Toto/Mercedes can we really, with Lewis coming to the end of his career & a young gun blazing his way through to F1.

Lewis gets to extend his career driving for the team all drivers would give their left nut for, winner winner really, though I'd guess Mercedes would rather Lewis retired with them, he didn't feel the love & Ferrari came calling, the rest is history.

George Russell reveals “bouncing” issue is back with Mercedes W15 F1 car    Cry    (Crash.net)

While Mercedes have taken a step forward with their 2024 F1 car, with a number of interesting innovations around the front suspension and front wing, there’s still work to do.

“I would say this year’s car is a totally different race car,” Russell told the media, including Crash.net.

“To the point that the things we learned from last year in the way we were setting the car up, we will need to approach it differently this year. So, there’s a lot to learn about this.

“It feels much closer to how a race car should feel.

But the one area that we need to continue to work on is probably the bouncing that we’re seeing. We got caught up with a bit of bouncing last week.