Mercedes

That is an absolutely amazing gesture. It's sometimes easy to forget that there are some truly decent people in this sport. Both Lewis and Seb have done amazing things in the past for fans, they're both good people.
[+] 5 users Like Jody Barton's post

Put up similar, you beat me to it bud, what an amazingly nice thing to do.

Agree with Jody about Lewis & Sebastian.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

(13-05-2019, 02:59 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  What an amazing and thoughtful gesture by Mercedes.

@MercedesAMGF1  brings⁦ a LewisHamilton car and yesterday’s winning trophy from the #SpanishGP to the home of Harry Shaw.

Agreed. 

Hearbreaking though. Choked me up  Cry
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

(13-05-2019, 02:27 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Mazepin has had a really tough start to his F2 career, but plenty of people in the sport really rate the guy.

Followed a bit of the test today, Mazepin ended the test with a 1:15:775 (C5 tyres)....what a great time for anyone to set, especially being the first outing in this car... and keeping in mind that stonking lap from Bottas in qualifying was a 1:15:406.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Yeah, but set on tyres two steps softer, what was more impressive was his 128 laps and a race stint that was quicker in pace than Bottas' the day before and way more consistent. A lot of people seem to rate the guy, but he's not got the big financial backing of some of the other Russian drivers I believe. Shame.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

(15-05-2019, 07:01 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Yeah, but set on tyres two steps softer, 

Yep, exactly why I included the reference to C5 tyres, regardless it is still a fantastic time to achieve, to lap within 2 tenths of a fully fledged driver in his second term with a team on the same tyres (Bottas time yesterday) isnt to be sniffed at by anyones standards.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

Mercedes has discussed the possibility of leaving F1, Wolff reveals, Mercedes motorsport boss Toto Wolff confirms the company has discussed the possibility of quitting Formula 1.

http://insideracing.com/index.php/formul...ff-reveals

I have thought long and hard about what I will do when I win $300 Million in the lottery but I have decided not to quit my regular job just yet!!!!
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

The question will come for Mercedes eventually whether they still want to be in F1. They've already go so much out of this venture, do they need to continue? They certainly won't want a competitor buying all that expertise they've developed, so it's a hard one. They've never been as committed to F1 as other manufacturers, like Ferrari and Renault.

I loved listening to this interview with James Allison. Such a nice even keel and humble person and I found his insights and observations enlightening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onaO5F_kkEU

Worth a listen (the whole thing is 69 minutes)
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post