Mercedes

FFS....Quote Foza "I just need to get my fix of racing"

^^^ This bit.     Big Grin

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

That's dazzle camo. Been rumours for a couple of weeks now Mercedes have something very clever on their car they want to hide.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

Sketch to track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKZKCl_G...e=youtu.be

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(07-02-2019, 12:02 AM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Sketch to track.

Clucking bell..... the work on the 2019 car started at the end of 2017   Cool

[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

(07-02-2019, 10:12 AM)PapaofGags Wrote:  
(07-02-2019, 12:02 AM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Sketch to track.

Clucking bell..... the work on the 2019 car started at the end of 2017   Cool

Doesn't guarantee success though. It might turn out to be a pooch!
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Really interesting video. Getting close to the car reveals now, and I'm just impatient to see them and to watch them on track. Maybe I should just go hibernate for a week.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

(07-02-2019, 11:00 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Really interesting video. Getting close to the car reveals now, and I'm just impatient to see them and to watch them on track. Maybe I should just go hibernate for a week.

With you on this one! I know everybody gets the blues through the winter months but I think it's worse for F1 fans. Weekends seem so empty without f1 races.

If it weren't for the 6 nations the early months of the year would be unbearable for me.
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

Toto Wolff slams 2019 F1 rule changes as trying to 'damage' Mercedes
Motorsport boss Toto Wolff has bizarrely criticised Formula 1's rule changes for 2019 as the latest attempt to end Mercedes' dominance.

This season will see the introduction of new wings and other aerodynamic tweaks with the aim of allowing cars to follow more closely and encourage more overtaking on track.

Ironically, it was the decision of Mercedes and Ferrari to support the changes that meant they passed a vote of the F1 Commission last year, yet now Wolff is seemingly talking a different tune.

"The air is becoming thinner," he was quoted by F1i.com referring to his team's position at the top. "When a team dominates, the rules are always changed to damage this team. It can be called almost embarrassing.

"With the aerodynamic rule change for 2019, they try to change the ranking in F1. We have seen this in the past with Ferrari and of course with Red Bull. We must remain motivated and set the right goals."

Mercedes may well be fearing a repeat of 2017, when Ferrari capitalised on the overhaul in car design to close the gap to the German manufacturer, as Red Bull threaten to make it a three-way fight at the front.

Either way: "Our task becomes more difficult every year," Wolff declared.

"We set a benchmark, but this motivates our opponents. We have to acknowledge how strong the competition is and recognize that we could lose the world championship this year."

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

(13-02-2019, 10:03 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Toto Wolff slams 2019 F1 rule changes as trying to 'damage' Mercedes.

Yeah saw this Forza, my first thought, Toto's been on the PapaJacks & the paranoia's kicking in!   Tongue

Same for everyone just get on with it I feel.   Rolleyes

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

It is true to say that regulation changes often hurt the team(s) leading the way, the question from last year still seems to me whether that was Ferrari or Mercedes. I don't think we can deny the history of regulation changes within F1 and how the primary target is always to narrow the field up again. It hardly ever works though because more often than not one team ace it. However, that's talking in general. These changes come from two directions, the teams (Mercedes included) who wanted the cars to be able to follow each other closer, and the FIA / LM who wanted the same, but also to test out some of the ideas they have for 2021. Do I think these changes have been specifically designed to gimp Mercedes? Arguably yes, they were the ones whose car concept was most reliant on the complex front wings and barge board area, no question, so looking at the new car there's really (in terms of bodywork) not that much carry over from previous years. Yet the idea is to create less wake to help teams like Mercedes... yet in doing that Mercedes have had to change a lot of what their cars DNA was. So you get caught in a logic loop... so for me this is Toto doing his usual expectation management. We know full well Mercedes are still the team to beat, we also know that dominance into a 6th season is unprecedented, history dictates that they will fail. Sooooo... get your excuses out early perhaps? One thing is for sure, not many teams have continued success over regulation changes in the sport, very few actually, so what Mercedes achieved between the 2016 to 2017 changes was outstanding, if they do it again from the 2018 to 2019 changes it'll be phenomenal.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post