Mercedes

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/140097...19-knockon

Will upset an awful lot of people if it transpires. (quiet chuckle)
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Morini I wouldn't put it past Mercedes to go on and do a sixth double, simply because they're that formidable, however, they have a lot of links to iron out of their car and philosophy of their car. They certainly have the people to do it but they're going into next season probably with more work to do, strange as that sounds.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

Ive got to hand it to the German b@stards, (yes Morini I said German) they have excelled...

(courtesy of Tobi Gruner)

Mercedes drivers have won championships in F1, F2, F3, DTM, BlancpainGT & F1 eSports this season. And they got a record 5th consecutive frontrow lockout in Abu Dhabi.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 5 users Like forzaferrari's post

I see Lewis`s dress sense is rubbing off on Toto  Tongue
[Image: DtcoYcuWsAAeOwz.jpg]

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/3920/...p-in-2019/

'Mercedes will hit 1000 BHP in 2019'. (But..... have they worked out what those clever Italians are up to? can they replicate it?)

Mercedes will start 2019 with another boost of engine power, with reports from Germany suggesting that their new power unit will be capable of producing over 1000 brake horsepower.

Ferrari pulled level with the Silver Arrows in the power stakes last year, but it appears that the constructors' champions will lay the gauntlet down once again.

Autobild has claimed that a renewed focus on consistency, paired with more dynamic products from fuel partner Petronas could nudge Mercedes ahead of the Scuderia once again in 2019.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Well, given sound analysis, GPS traces and mummers in the paddock last year were that both Ferrari and Mercedes when in party mode were breaking 1000 bhp already... well... yeah, I believe it. We have to remember that Sassi was put to work on the 2019 engine electrical systems and ERS units right away, he is an electrical wizard, we know that, we've all seen that, and that is arguably the weakest part of the Mercedes PU package, so if he brings them up to where Ferrari were last season, that'd be quite a boost I'd warrant.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

Nikita Mazepin will dovetail his rookie Formula 2 campaign with a private testing programme in a 2017 Mercedes Formula 1 car.

The GP3 race winner and 2018 runner-up will complete 12 days of testing this year in a Mercedes W08.
In terms of official running using contemporary machinery, F1 teams are restricted to just two four-day tests pre-season and a pair of two-day tests during the campaign, plus a tyre test after the season finale.
However, they are also allowed to test cars that were designed and built to the regulations of the three years "immediately prior to the calendar year preceding the [current] championship".
That means as of 2019, cars from the 2015, 2016 and 2017 seasons are eligible for FIA-approved private testing – giving Mazepin the chance to increase his mileage in cars built to the current, higher-downforce regulations.
When Lance Stroll conducted a comprehensive private testing programme with Williams prior to his F1 debut in 2017, he used a 2014 car built to less relevant rules.

The regulations state that such testing may only be carried out with cars "built to the specification of the period" and using tyres "manufactured specifically for this purpose".
Mazepin's testing programme does not mean he has an official affiliation with Mercedes, whose official junior drivers are its 2019 reserve Esteban Ocon and Williams F1 driver George Russell.
Ocon will assist Mazepin at the tests in a coaching capacity.

Mazepin has previous F1 testing experience from his development driver role with Force India.
He has conducted eight days of testing for the team, currently known as Racing Point, over the last three years.

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Mercedes teases new-look livery ahead of 2019 launch

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/merce...h/4333217/
[Image: mercedes-livery-1.jpg]

Yes! I dont actually like it, but its different, and boy, do cars graphic design need it. Mercedes can't continue to be the only ones still to have some stylising on their cars this year, surely.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(05-02-2019, 08:52 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Yes! I dont actually like it, but its different, and boy, do cars graphic design need it. Mercedes can't continue to be the only ones still to have some stylising on their cars this year, surely.

At this point I couldnt care less if every team/car looks identical....I just need to get my fix of racing  Tongue