Has the silly season started?

(17-08-2018, 07:21 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  Not so sure Professor, that would mean a lack of continuity at McLaren 

Not so sure Fog, they continue to be shite  Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(17-08-2018, 07:31 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(17-08-2018, 07:21 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  

Not so sure Fog, they continue to be shite  Tongue

Agree Forza, just don't think they should make another, Williams type error, and it's not like they need the money, but if the great eye browed one still has some influence there, which I believe it does - he bigged up Sainz, who is confirmed - and Stoffel - my money is on that pairing there - I only said - "who knows" because of Danny's shock Renault move Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 2 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

Yeah fog, I too think Stoffel will get another year with them, it will be the end of him should Sainz also blow him away (which I expect to happen)

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(17-08-2018, 07:44 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  Agree Forza, Stoffel - my money is on that pairing there 
(17-08-2018, 07:48 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Yeah fog, I too think Stoffel will get another year with them, it will be the end of him should Sainz also blow him away (which I expect to happen)

Evening gentlemen, whilst I agree with you both about continuity & Stoffel, how do they keep Lando happy?  Confused

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel

Evening Paps, No idea bud....I would prefer to see Lando in that seat over Stoffel but think they might just keep him on.

[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Evening gentlemen, whilst I agree with you both about continuity & Stoffel, how do they keep Lando happy?  Confused
[/quote]

So - it has gone a bit nuts, and I echo your sentiments, about wanting more Brits in a car, it seems odd, it has now switched, to having 3 Gerry's (?) and only 1 Brit - (though good riddance Palmer) - but both GP's in a bit of doubt - fecking nuts - thanks Pay per view TV

But if your looking for that silver lining for Lando - I really don't know - McL now with Renault - Renault seats are locked - RBR, is out the window, perhaps a loan to Haas? to replace Romain?

But then again, don't they have Le Clerc with them, and Merc have Ocon as options, to put in their "junior" teams

It's a toughy, but I'm sure he'll get in at some stage Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 2 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

A little bit of me hopes for a bit of a cull of the "you've had your time" drivers to free up some seats with so much young talent trying to get in, Russel to Williams? Lando to Torro Rosso? I know McLaren wouldn't like to lose Lando but if they don't give him a seat I read it was rumoured they have been in contact.

Good point Paps, I forgot with Stroll leaving, there would be a seat there, and again while I agree, I wouldn't mind Kubica stepping into that seat either, that is, if Williams can make some changes, to that dog turd of a car - I guess for Williams, with their current woes - Money, will be most on their mind

Lando - to take Hartleys seat though, could be a call, don't know of any RBR junior to step in there

[+] 1 user Likes Foghorn Leghorn's post

(17-08-2018, 08:38 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  Kubica stepping into that seat

Lando - to take Hartleys seat though, could be a call, don't know of any RBR junior to step in there

Yeah we would all love to see Kubica in F1 again, only read it online (Lando to TR) so not convinced myself either bud, Dan Ticktum is probably more likely for TR, liking what I'm reading about him, people who are a bit crazy themselves are saying he is "proper nuts" lol.

[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

(17-08-2018, 08:46 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Yeah we would all love to see Kubica in F1 again, only read it online (Lando to TR) so not convinced myself either bud, Dan Ticktum is probably more likely for TR, liking what I'm reading about him, people who are a bit crazy themselves are saying he is "proper nuts" lol.

Doesnt DT need a few more points to get his superlicence...think that was the whole issue RBR had with him not getting to test?

[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post