Has the silly season started?

https://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/2015/...two-years/

Yes bud, also hear he's been some what naughty along the way lol.

The report found that Ticktum ignored 13 yellow flags, four double-yellow flags, two white flags and 15 safety-car boards to overtake 10 cars and catch back up to his rival during the safety-car period, before making contact.
Court Chairman Guy Spillon said the incident was “totally irresponsible and reprehensible in the extreme”.

"But" hes quick & more importantly for me a Brit, don't care if he's some what touched, will make it more exciting. Haha

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

Yeah bud, a very good pilot....just needs to learn to keep his mouth shut (admittedly all those spats and outbursts where 2 years ago) or at least dial it back a bit....an exciting prospect none the less

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

https://www.planetf1.com/news/vergne-app...n-in-2019/

Vergne approached over F1 return in 2019.

Jean-Eric Vergne has said he has been approached by a team about potentially returning to the Formula 1 grid in 2019.
The former Toro Rosso racer and ex-Ferrari test and development driver is now the reigning Formula E champion and collected a record number of points in the process.

Vergne was also part of G-Drive Racing’s dominant LMP2 class win at the Le Mans 24 Hours this year – which they were later disqualified for – but his strong 2018 performances has led to a number of approaches from various teams in different series, including a Formula 1 outfit.
“It’s a possibility. It’s funny how the world of motorsport changes,” Vergne told Crash.net at Silverstone.
“When you change your state of mind, when you change a little bit how you work, you see the results straight away.
“You see it in the results, and you see it in how people look at you and how they speak to you. When you start representing a brand what you are, it changes a lot of things.
“Three years ago, I don’t think anybody would have called me from F1 and said: ‘Hey, do you have a contract for next season?’ So it’s great.”
Vergne would not be drawn on which team in particular has approached him, but he said he would be tempted to return especially if the entire field is closer together and more competitive.

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Lucky escape then Forza  Winkblink

Maldonado 'expected to join Ferrari'

Pastor Maldonado has claimed he was "close" to joining Ferrari for the 2014 F1 season.

Speaking in F1's Beyond The Grid podcast, the former Williams and Lotus driver said: "To be honest, if you look back at the time, I was the only new one in Formula 1 who achieved a victory (Spain 2012) with not a winning car, so people were looking at me and were happy to welcome me in the teams. Even to talk, I was welcome in the teams.

"With Ferrari I remember Montezemolo at the time was in there, also Domenicali. The Italian guys were always following my results and career. I was also making good points with a car that was nowhere. I was doing good races and at some point we got quite close.

"But they started to move to put Montezemolo out, they put Domenicali out and then we lost the contacts and the communication. I've never been to Maranello but we had a few meetings in the track. I met Domenciali a few times and also I met Montezemolo."
Maldonado added: "At the time I was expecting the move."   Nothingtosay

In the end, Kimi Raikkonen was hired by Ferrari to partner Fernando Alonso for 2014, with Maldonado instead replacing the Finn at Lotus.    

[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

(05-09-2019, 01:08 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Lucky escape then Forza  Winkblink

Maldonado 'expected to join Ferrari'    

Not half Paps....though to be fair that was probably the same meeting Grosjean was at.....Montezemolo & Dominicali cracking open the fourth bottle of Chianti that afternoon..."yeah, sure guys, we`ll give you`s a drive next season"   Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Agreed Forza there was probably only a slightly higher chance of Maldonado joining Ferrari as you!
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

(05-09-2019, 05:57 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Agreed Forza there was probably only a slightly higher chance of Maldonado joining Ferrari as you!

Bollocks Neil.....surely Im a waaaaay better option...I havent crashed a f1 car yet  Wink

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Gareth found this.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post