2018 German GP

(19-07-2018, 05:27 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Nice words from Seb, I will go further even though I am a Hamilton fan. It was a Bloody stupid thing to say!!!

Completely agree Sebastian showed some class, not the first time he has defended Lewis either, Zamboon & I were talking about Sebastian a few days ago, we both said his time at Red Bull didn't endear him to us, though over the last couple of years he has changed & seems happier, maybe I'm warming to him just a little...

Lewis should "do his talking on the track" lets hope this is the last we here of this silliness.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(19-07-2018, 10:50 AM)PapaofGags Wrote:  German team? pretty sure their a British team coz my mate told me...…..  Haha     Tongue

<pulls head out of sand>
Who was that then? Your mate has a good point Big Grin
</head back in sand>

(19-07-2018, 11:36 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  What is the difference between a Mercedes F1 car and a porcupine? ........Porcupines have the pricks on the outside. Wink

If I'm not mistaken, that joke originated from folk taking a swipe at the cockwombles driving BMW's. No? These days it's more appropriate for Audi drivers though, has to be said.
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

(19-07-2018, 12:17 PM)Purple-banana Wrote:  Call me a cynic but all this talk of contract seems pointless.

Mercedes were always going to do whatever it took to keep him on board, and as soon as he is fed up Lewis will walk, contract or not. When has a team ever forced an unwilling driver to drive?

Unless Mercedes beat the cycle and somehow re-find their 2014-16 dominance, I'll be surprised if Lewis is still in the car come the final race of 2020. If he fails to secure this years WDC, I'll even be surprised to see him in Melbourne next year. Just my gut feeling.

Nope, disagree with this one, sorry and all that. He's shown in the past he'll drive a car that's wanting for performance and drag the best out of it. He had years in a poor McLaren.

Best drivers end up in best cars, everyone knows that. There isn't a team on the grid who wouldn't have Hamilton in the one of their seats given the chance. I see him in a Ferrari before he finally hangs up his lid for good. Imagine that, multi championships with three different teams. Now that'd be some history to write.

He's capable of it, make no mistake.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(19-07-2018, 05:27 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Nice words from Seb, underneath it all I think both have a respect for each other they are just enemies on the track and that is bound to cause friction at times. Like he said it was a silly thing to say. I will go further even though I am a Hamilton fan. It was a Bloody stupid thing to say!!!

I always feel like I need to defend the bloke, mostly because I see the good in him more than most I suppose. All I'll say is he's not the only driver to be pissed off when punted off the track for n reason, just that people (media!) react to it more because of who he is. What Seb did to Bottas was worse.

Regarding the incident and the comment, yes it was ill advised but still an honest reaction in the heat of the moment. Big deal. Sorry, "media driven over reactions r us", that's all it is for me.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Daniel Ricciardo admits a grid penalty for engine changes is finally "likely" at this weekend's German GP.
The Red Bull driver had appeared on course for a penalty as far back as the Canadian GP four races ago after his car's MGU-H failed en-route to winning in Monaco, but the team were instead able to reintroduce a part used earlier in the season.
But with that part now having featured on the car in six race weekends this year, Ricciardo is expecting the team to have to take fresh engine elements at Hockenheim - a move which would trigger an automatic grid penalty.
"We're still not sure to what extent, but it's likely," said Ricciardo.
"Ideally we win next weekend [in Hungary] and suck it up here."
A grid penalty would be a minimum of 10 places from where Ricciardo qualifies on Saturday.

"You can overtake so if we do have the penalties and start towards the back, I'll stay positive and know that there will be some good overtaking," he added.

(19-07-2018, 08:05 PM)morini Wrote:   What Seb did to Bottas was worse

Totally agree....but we didnt have the song`n`dance and the accusations then from Botty nor the team, only when it`s Sir Hamilton  Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Haas will not participate in the two-day Formula 1 test following the Hungarian Grand Prix next week.
The last in-season test of the year is due to take place at the Hungaroring on the Tuesday and Wednesday after the race (31 July and 1 August), just ahead of the two-week summer shutdown.

But the Haas team has chosen to forego the running, preferring to stay at base on the eve of the summer break.
Team principal Gunther Steiner referred to the run of five races in six weeks as one of the factors behind the decision.
"Instead of participating in the test in Hungary, Haas is using the time to analyse the data it received from its recent Pirelli tyre test at Silverstone, from past grands prix and from our simulator work," said Steiner.
"Between the data our drivers have been able to gather that is directly applicable to their driving styles in our cars, and this current run of five races in six weeks, we determined our time was best spent at the factory."
Motorsport.com understands the decision to not test in Hungary was taken last month and isn't related to the Silverstone antics of its development driver Santino Ferrucci.

The young American F2 racer was banned for four races after an altercation with his Trident teammate and for holding a mobile phone in his car.
There are four in-season test days this year and the regulations state that teams must run a driver who has not competed in more than two F1 races in their career for two of the four days.
Race drivers Romain Grosjean and Kevin Magnussen both did a day each in the first in-season test at Barcelona in May.
Next week's Hungarian Grand Prix will be the fifth race in six weeks and the test afterwards will continue to stretch team's personnel and resources in an already busy time for crews.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(19-07-2018, 07:58 PM)morini Wrote:  Nope, disagree with this one, sorry and all that. He's shown in the past he'll drive a car that's wanting for performance and drag the best out of it. He had years in a poor McLaren.

He's capable of it, make no mistake.

Agree entirely M, I'm not doubting for a second he's capable, what I doubt is that he is willing to do so again.

He floated the idea of retirement last year when things weren't going his way, then Ferrari fell by the wayside and he was 100% committed again, winning however many back-to-backs and clinching the title with races to spare.

He's got too many motorbikes and rap records to sell and idiotic clothes to wear. It won't take much for Formula 1 to become the inconvenience in his life he no longer needs/wants.

Purple Banana (a.k.a John or JB  Smile )
"The flowers of victory belong in many vases." - Michael Schumacher
[+] 1 user Likes Purple-banana's post

Think of how many fashion shows he can attend when he jacks in f1...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Do you think McGregor gave him that pearl necklace?

Purple Banana (a.k.a John or JB  Smile )
"The flowers of victory belong in many vases." - Michael Schumacher
[+] 1 user Likes Purple-banana's post

Who was it said "Boys dont dress like a princess?"

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)