2018 German GP

Hate to say it Forza but he is the star of their team so Bottas will get an obituarySmile
[+] 2 users Like LotusLover's post

(19-07-2018, 11:59 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Maybe Im a sceptical ol b@stard Wink

Noo, really? Tongue

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Call me a cynic but all this talk of contract seems pointless.

Mercedes were always going to do whatever it took to keep him on board, and as soon as he is fed up Lewis will walk, contract or not. When has a team ever forced an unwilling driver to drive?

Unless Mercedes beat the cycle and somehow re-find their 2014-16 dominance, I'll be surprised if Lewis is still in the car come the final race of 2020. If he fails to secure this years WDC, I'll even be surprised to see him in Melbourne next year. Just my gut feeling.

Purple Banana (a.k.a John or JB  Smile )
"The flowers of victory belong in many vases." - Michael Schumacher
[+] 1 user Likes Purple-banana's post

(19-07-2018, 12:17 PM)Purple-banana Wrote:  Unless Mercedes beat the cycle and somehow re-find their 2014-16 dominance,

No problem, he'll just jump in a red car. Haha Tongue

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(19-07-2018, 12:22 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  No problem, he'll just jump in a red car.   Haha Tongue

I dont think he (and a lot of LH fans) would have the mental fortitude should LH move to Ferrari.....doctors would need to be handing out the happy pills left,right and centre  Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Lots of winding up going today I see guys!!!!

I still think Hamilton is a motivated driver and I dont see him calling it a day any time soon. I dont think there is a driver on the grid who does not want to be in the best car and at the best team and in that respect he is no different to anyone.

As for him getting all the attention is that not what number one drivers get in all reality? Sure Mercedes let them race and proclaim not to have a number one driver but the reality is although they will not say it in public Hamilton clearly is a number one just look at the contract values of the driver that tells you pretty much all you need to know unless one is a young up and coming driver.

I think you could easily swap teams over Vettel and Hamilton right now and the fight to win would still be as close as it is. Hamilton will inevitably take some grief over the resigning of Bottas (which seems all but certain) as he is considered to be a safe guy to partner up with Hamilton but is Ferrari and Vettel any different? I do not think so. Yet we dont really hear it do we. Rather in that team we hear that Raikkonen is not good enough or not in the same league as Vettel. Well I got news for you Bottas is not in Hamiltons league.

The top two teams are more alike than most fans realise, you just have to take the facades off them and get a good look underneath!!!

To finish a word for my dear Forza, I am sorry Lewis will not be driving the Red Beast yet but keep the faith... one day....
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

I'm not on the wind up (for once!) Neil, I don't see the motivation from him.

Give him a tough but ultimately unsuccessful title challenge and I honestly think he'll call it a day

Purple Banana (a.k.a John or JB  Smile )
"The flowers of victory belong in many vases." - Michael Schumacher
[+] 2 users Like Purple-banana's post

(19-07-2018, 01:27 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Lots of winding up going today I see guys!!!!

To finish a word for my dear Forza, I am sorry Lewis will not be driving the Red Beast yet but keep the faith... one day....

You got it Neil, bit of cabin fever here, not been over the door since last Monday so feeling the need to wind someone up  Tongue

(19-07-2018, 12:10 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Noo, really? Tongue

I know, hard to believe isnt it Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Good man Seb, and all said without any snide remarks...

Sebastian Vettel has defended title rival Lewis Hamilton after his "silly" comments about Ferrari following the British GP.
After being hit by Vettel's team-mate Kimi Raikkonen and finishing second at Silverstone, Hamilton said the first-lap move was "interesting tactics" from Ferrari. The Englishman has since retracted his remarks, adding on social media: "Sometimes we say dumb s**t and we learn from it."
And Vettel, who won an eventful race to extend his championship advantage over Hamilton, has backed the Mercedes driver's "human" reaction.
"I think it's fine," Vettel said ahead of his home German GP. "Obviously it was silly to say it but we are racing, we've all been there and it's never great if you are hit without doing anything wrong.
"It's also fine to express your opinion even if it's not right or reasonable. It's human, so I think it's fine."
Ferrari also accepted Hamilton's apology after the British GP, responding on Twitter: "We appreciate Lewis Hamilton's comments today following Kimi Raikkonen's apologies after the British GP, notably when Lewis described the episode at the start as a 'racing incident'.''

[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

Nice words from Seb, underneath it all I think both have a respect for each other they are just enemies on the track and that is bound to cause friction at times. Like he said it was a silly thing to say. I will go further even though I am a Hamilton fan. It was a Bloody stupid thing to say!!!
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post