2018 German GP

(23-07-2018, 08:15 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Here we go again lol, those dastardly tea ladies. Tongue

You should know me by now bud....never one to miss an opportunity to stick the boot in Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(23-07-2018, 12:49 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  A very healthy discussion, some great sum ups!! So I'll add the usual infographics and move on.
<snip>

All I'll add is: 
As I predicted in an earlier post. This race certainly followed this years theme of anything will happen.
Pre-rain predicted form was on point. Ferrari and Haas all the cars to beat.
However, since Austria the Mercedes tyre wear is the best it has ever been. 42 laps on softs for HAM, coming through the field, then managed to match Vettel on his fresher set, just as Silverstone. I think there is a role reversal form last year. Ferrari top qually car, Merc top race car.

To Hungary. I'll savour cause then its summer break.

Ferrari still have the best race car. It took Vettel's own goal to cause Ferrari to lose both first and second. Their tire wear issue is the same as ever but it's good enough to stay ahead of Mercedes. Mercedes in my opinion have the better drivers if not the best.

You mention that Mercedes have been greatly improved since Austria as far as tire wear. Remember there have been some thinner tread which have mitigated the blistering issues. But, they still have to show that they have solved their issues with getting the tires into optimal working temps and keeping them there on more tracks than Ferrari. Ferrari seem so far to be quick even on the long runs.

I agree with you about Vettel. He's brilliant but his major flaw is his inability to consistently measure risk when compared to Alonso and Hamilton. Ferrari has the best car, but Raikkonen I think had 2 races with mechanical issues.

If things stay as they are and Vettel doesn't screw up again (his portfolio suggests at least one more, it all depends on how bad it will be) then Ferrari should come away with both championships. However, this is F1 and nothing stays the same. If Mercedes figures out Ferrari's power exploit then it might put them clearly ahead again. I say might because the races are limited by tires and the inability of cars following to maintain traction causing them to lose time in the corners and have to brake earlier than the car ahead. More power might not overcome those limitations.

(23-07-2018, 09:25 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  LL....and probably more aerodynamically efficient Wink

Rude!! But, funny.  Big Grin

I think Williams are righting the ship after shipping out the (ex)Ferrari designer. That was a joke as well. It does seem that they are finally addressing the fundamental issues with the car. I still think they can get better. Next year I expect them to have the fourth or fifth best car. They may not finish as high because of the drivers. I'm still cautiously optimistic on both of them as well.
[+] 3 users Like UncleElias's post

A few nice pics of the Ferrari underside, more can be can be found on Amus

and not forgetting #italiancheatingbastards (pic 5)  Tongue

Imaginary football anyone (pic 6)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

Interesting shots, actually looks like the underside of the 2017 McLaren. I'm far more interested in what they are doing with their Kers and battery stores. The Merc ICE supposedly has a big bhp advantage still from sound analysis, and their MGU-H is again considered top pick. However, Ferrari have the quicker overall PU now in bhp, and that's down to what they are doing with their batteries and deployment.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

Yeah, I feel this battery story will run and run for a while yet, interesting Brundle has said he was told by someone in the know that in fact Ferrari`s improvement did not actually come from the battery side and that something else give them the step in power, MB didnt elaborate any further and of course that could well just be a rumour/deflection coming from within the team.

Ferrari are said to have worked with the FIA approval on their system so I dont think there can be any question of #Italiancheatingbastards!!!!

Having watched the race again I cannot believe how many teams gambled incorrectly on the tyres. Mercedes must have had about 50 people on weather watch outside the stadium and around the area! Talk about leaving nothing to chance!!!

I dont know how the Hungarian race can give us anything like the excitement and drama we just witnessed so its probably back to reality this weekend with Pole and the start being pretty much everything.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

Yeah Neil, just poking a bit of fun with that comment, not sure if you had joined up on here at that time but I had jokingly (sort of) said " When Merc and other teams come up with something new it called innovating, cutting edge, and ingenious....when Ferrari do it ...its called cheating Wink

Going by what Jody and others have said re this weekends weather, I expect nothing but a Max or Lewis win...prob the latter...should it stay warm and dry then a Red win

[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5x4OrsiImY

The closing speeds are unreal great viewpoints

Foggy you will love 2:02 and after !!!
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post