Mad Max

Hate to break it to you Foggy old boy, but Alonso ain't coming back. The crop of youngsters on the way is exceedingly strong... and way cheaper than the Spaniard. He's done.
[+] 4 users Like Jody Barton's post

(05-12-2018, 10:19 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:   He's done.

.....on to bigger, brighter and better things (as he see`s/tell`s it  Tongue)

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(05-12-2018, 10:19 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Hate to break it to you Foggy old boy . .

Just having a bit of a laugh mate, as is my want, it is the off season after all, and driver speculation has been turned on it's head, this year more than most. I'd kinda like to see Lewis in red, just to see Forza's undying support for him, and also to see, the SF boys, throw away another title, this time with Lewis behind the wheel, it would be hilarious, from both respective supporters,

. . . meanwhile, Danny Ric signs on for Renault for another year, in 2021, and wins the driver WDC, LOL, that's my crystal ball at work anyway Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 5 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

(05-12-2018, 10:36 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  .....on to bigger, brighter and better things (as he see`s/tell`s it  Tongue)

Chuckle Wink

I'll say no more as I'm a bit shitfaced!
[+] 5 users Like morini's post

(05-12-2018, 08:58 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  . . . meanwhile, Danny Ric signs on for Renault for another year, in 2021, and wins the driver WDC, LOL, that's my crystal ball at work anyway

Does that crystal ball belong to the F1 mescaline users club? Heheh (joking).

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast.
[+] 4 users Like The Professor's post

Well Renault securing 4th in the WCC means they get an extra £50m for 2019 and 2020 right? That was the deal? And if they maintain a top four slot until 2021 then there was more money due right? If so, Renault are now on a par with RBR for funding and not too far off from Ferrari and Mercedes. All they need to do now is spend it wisely. So a Renault push for 2021 doesn't sound all that ridiculous to me. Right now it might seem unlikely, but I wouldn't rule it out.

Plus I knew you were joshing about Alonso, I was just teasing you.

Wink
[+] 4 users Like Jody Barton's post

(05-12-2018, 10:19 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  The crop of youngsters on the way is "exceedingly" strong... and way cheaper . . .

That's what many said about Mr Kipling, and look how that turned out, don't tease about Alonso, he's "exceedingly" good LOL Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 4 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/verst...m/4311526/

Verstappen explains relentless Renault criticism.

Max Verstappen says it was never his intention to ‘put Renault down’ with his criticism of the engine manufacturer throughout the 2018 Formula 1 season.

The Red Bull driver grew increasingly frustrated with Renault over the course of 2018 and was particularly vocal once his team committed to splitting with the French operation at the end of the season.

Verstappen regularly hit out at Renault over the team radio and in the media, while simultaneously gradually talking up Red Bull’s 2019 engine partner Honda.

"It was never my intention to put them down, but I want to make it better,” Verstappen said in a season review with Dutch TV channel Ziggo Sport.

“Look, we now have a deal with Honda, but if we had continued with Renault next year, I would want us to make progress. I am just very clear in what I say.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel

Yeah... sorry Max, but no. If you want to work with someone to progress you don't publicly criticise them. Hell, he was critical of this very thing over his driving. Not saying he didn't have a point about Renault, I'm sure privately Renault would agree, but you make the criticism public because you want them to know, and you want other to know as well.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

I was reading a link which popped up on my Google feed (can't find it now) where Maxie was having a pop at Hamilton. LH only win because of the car and Bottas is useless - I'm paraphrasing a bit.

Big words from someone who hasn't achieved all that much yet Smile
[+] 2 users Like morini's post