Mad Max

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/verst...o/3205716/

A Mad Max is a fast Max    Winkblink

Daniel Ricciardo's Mexican Grand Prix pole celebrations left his Red Bull Formula 1 teammate Max Verstappen even more “irritated” at his qualifying defeat, his father Jos has revealed.

Jos, “He was irritated because he missed out on pole and because of the car, but also because of Ricciardo’s exuberance celebrating pole.
“So he was really agitated and he only wanted one thing - to win that race.”

Asked whether he was concerned about his son's state of mind coming into the race, Jos said: “I already received messages from my sister and my daughter, saying: ‘Hopefully he won’t do anything crazy.’ But usually when Max is mad he just goes faster.”

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/verst...l/3206602/

Red Bull motorsport boss Helmut Marko wants Max Verstappen to become the youngest-ever Formula 1 world champion, and says the team can strive for this goal as early as 2019.

Marko sees the team’s form in Mexico, where the altitude put Renault on a par with rivals Mercedes and Ferrari, as a sign of how strong the RB14 chassis is.
He’s confident that the Honda power unit, which Red Bull believes is already ahead of Renault, will make the difference next season.

Sebastian Vettel currently holds the title of youngest world champion, having secured his first drivers' championship with Red Bull in 2010 at 23 years and 134 days.

“We’re really looking forward to next year,” Marko told Motorsport.com. “The aim is to have the youngest world champion. Two years we have, but we go for it next year.

[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

I hope Max and RBR are in the mix next year, but I fear it'll be too early for the Honda RBR partnership to mount a consistent challenge to either Mercedes or Ferrari.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/verst...l/3212877/

Former world champion Damon Hill says Max Verstappen reminds him of Ayrton Senna and reckons the Dutchman, like the Brazilian, will learn from his mistakes as a young F1 driver.

"There was another chap in F1 that used to occasionally bump into people when he needn't have done," Hill told Motorsport.com.

"I'm actually thinking of Senna. It's like there's a pattern that evolves when they are very young, and they don't understand.
"Clearly Ocon should not have got himself in a tangle situation with the race leader.

"But Max diced with him, instead of going, ‘What is this guy playing at? He's going to be difficult,' and waiting for a slightly less risky opportunity.
"I don't want to be critical of Max. It won't make a difference anyway, because he will continue to take risks and drives the way he drives, but he will learn, and eventually he will drive like Lewis has learned to drive now.

This bit made me smile....

"He's got until he's 25, and then his frontal lobes will have fully connected. Basically now he hasn't got control of his frontal lobes, so he's driving on instinct!"

[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

What community service sentence.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/46181830

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(12-11-2018, 06:58 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  What community service sentence.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/46181830

Love the media getting all hyped Christ we see stuff worse than that in a playground ffs
[+] 3 users Like LotusLover's post

(12-11-2018, 07:01 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  Love the media getting all hyped Christ we see stuff worse than that in a playground ffs

It being blown out of all proportion is why it's so entertaining : D

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 4 users Like Monster Hesh's post

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/wolff...s/3216165/

No shit Sherlock lol. Tongue

Mercedes Formula 1 boss Toto Wolff believes that Max Verstappen will be a world champion once the “raw edges are off.”

Wolff said that the Dutchman’s clashes with Esteban Ocon on and off the track in Interlagos indicated that he still has some learning to do.

The Mercedes chief has long been a fan of Verstappen, having tried to sign him before he made a commitment to Red Bull.

“You can see that there is a future champion coming together,” said Wolff when asked how big a threat Verstappen will be next season. “Unbelievable talent and speed.

"And I think once the raw edges are off, he will be somebody who will be a world champion one day.

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

(18-11-2018, 07:19 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/wolff...s/3216165/

No shit Sherlock lol.  Tongue

Mercedes Formula 1 boss Toto Wolff believes that Max Verstappen will be a world champion once the “raw edges are off.”

Wolff said that the Dutchman’s clashes with Esteban Ocon on and off the track in Interlagos indicated that he still has some learning to do.

The Mercedes chief has long been a fan of Verstappen, having tried to sign him before he made a commitment to Red Bull.

“You can see that there is a future champion coming together,” said Wolff when asked how big a threat Verstappen will be next season. “Unbelievable talent and speed.

"And I think once the raw edges are off, he will be somebody who will be a world champion one day.

I still think Mercedes is hoping Red Bull will mature Verstappen and when Hamilton leaves the sport (probably within two years), they snatch away a matured Verstappen, ready to win titles for a decade to come. Maybe ocon can be second driver....
[+] 3 users Like Antilochos's post

(19-11-2018, 06:55 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  I still think Mercedes is hoping Red Bull will mature Verstappen and when Hamilton leaves the sport (probably within two years), they snatch away a matured Verstappen, ready to win titles for a decade to come. Maybe ocon can be second driver....

I agree Anti, pretty sure I read Toto was talking to Max/Jos hoping to pinch him off Red Bull, just before he signed for them, I'm sure all the top teams will play the "who can chuck the most money at Max" game soon as he's into his last year, If not trying already, the Max era will come, I'm convinced of it, kinda seems obvious with his talent.      Cool

Ocon will be announced as a Mercedes driver next year I recon, Max & Ocon…….. yes please. Big Grin

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post