Mad Max

Max and Lewis together at Mercedes is literally the only thing at this rate that could save the 2020 season. At least Max would give him a run for his money. I think either way Bottas is going to struggle to retain his 2020 Merc seat. So do Mercedes get Max in now? Or do they go with Ocon. Ferrari are scuppered unless they can get shot of Seb, but would they risk Max and Leclerc going forward? I personally think Max wants a Mercedes drive.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

I personally can't see Mercedes upsetting the apple cart by getting Verstappen with Hamilton. They work well when the team is in harmony and I can't see Lewis and Max being harmonious. If Bottas does lose his seat I can see Ocon " learning" from Lewis.
[+] 1 user Likes Alonsofan06's post

That would be my guess too Alonsofan06, Ocon will be in that seat if anyone in 2020. I think Max will be stuck at RBR until 2021.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

After the Austria race I'm sure we need Verstappen to take Bottas his seat.
First to fight Hamilton, but also for the future battle between Mercedes/Verstappen vs Ferrari/Leclerc.

Please Mercedes, make it happen and let Ocon become a free agent, let that kid take Verstappen's seat at Red Bull.
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

(30-06-2019, 08:07 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  After the Austria race I'm sure we need Verstappen to take Bottas his seat.
First to fight Hamilton, but also for the future battle between Mercedes/Verstappen vs Ferrari/Leclerc.

Please Mercedes, make it happen and let Ocon become a free agent, let that kid take Verstappen's seat at Red Bull.

I'd love to see Lewis and Max up against each other in the same team. They are the two best drivers on the grid by far. But I am not sure any team could handle the tension of having two uncompromising drivers fighting for every point.

I would not see either of them prepared to compromise on anything. If you were a team manager would you want that?

(30-06-2019, 08:20 PM)morini Wrote:  
(30-06-2019, 08:07 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  After the Austria race I'm sure we need Verstappen to take Bottas his seat.

I'd love to see Lewis and Max up against each other in the same team. They are the two best drivers on the grid by far. But I am not sure any team could handle the tension of having two uncompromising drivers fighting for every point.

I would not see either of them prepared to compromise on anything. If you were a team manager would you want that?

As teammanager I would not want that, you are right. But if any team can affort the extra challenge, it is Mercedes. So Toto, do it for us, please?
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post

It would be fun but I can't see that happening

Buxton on Verstappen V LeClerc. Future WDC contending rivals who already have history.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/artic...HfDP0.html
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(04-07-2019, 01:28 PM)morini Wrote:  Buxton on Verstappen V LeClerc. Future WDC contending rivals who already have history.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/artic...HfDP0.html

Nice read cheers  Big Grin

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Ferrari on Max: ‘Why give credibility to a 22 year old?’   (some times its best to say less Max)

Ferrari CEO Louis Camilleri does not appear to have a lot of time for Max Verstappen following comments made about the Scuderia this season.

Max Verstappen accused Ferrari of cheating as Ferrari’s drop in pace coincided with the FIA issuing a series of Technical Directives relating to engine legality.

Camilleri was asked why Ferrari had never directly responded to Verstappen’s comments and he said the silent treatment can sometimes be the best way to go.

“Silence in some situations is more powerful than words,” Camilleri told reporters in Ferrari’s end-of-year debrief.

Asked if Ferrari were interested in signing Verstappen, Camilleri simply said: “No.”

Ferrari boss Mattia Binotto once again maintained that the Scuderia have not broken any rules and also believes the cheating accusations were an attempt to disrupt the team.

“We have been controlled by the FIA very often and we always respected the rules,” Binotto said.

“One team always accuses the other team when they have an advantage. F1 is very competitive and it’s not only a fight on the track.

“Putting a team under pressure saying they are cheating can be a way to put extra pressure on rivals and distract them.”

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post