Kimi Raikkonen

http://www.skysports.com/share/11418824

Just emerged on SSN persobally i really do not see it i suppose he would be a cheap option but not for me personally and i love him but when its your time its your time
[+] 3 users Like LotusLover's post

https://www.planetf1.com/news/hamilton-f...raikkonen/

Not really insightful if at all!! Nice words by Lewis though, I am torn here because Kimi is doing well but without really being a title challenger, although that said Ferrari invested early on for Vettel and I don’t think they should of personally as Kimi won’t be as motivated(he isn’t hard to motivate a team the best of times!!!) that said I would like to see a new young lad come in and have a go, but if they go and say “you’re no.2) then what is the point?? I think Leclerc would prove a thorn in Lewis’s side.

@monster can you edit thread titles? Not sure how to do it but needs changing to be fair
[+] 1 user Likes LotusLover's post

You can edit thread titles. I think you need to be the thread creator or a mod.

Click and hold the thread title from the thread list page and it will be editable.
Thumbs Up 

(04-09-2018, 01:17 PM)morini Wrote:  You can edit thread titles. I think you need to be the thread creator or a mod.

Click and hold the thread title from the thread list page and it will be editable.

Done cheers

I think Kimi's days look somewhat numbered, and I think he knows it, and he knows Ferrari really, really want that WCC, possibly more so than the WDC, so he knows they NEED him this season. This is what I think is starting to make Kimi a difficult No.2 to manage for the team. He has in the past been happy to do what the team has said, but this season there have been a few times when the team tried to issue team orders, but were sort of rebuffed by Kimi. Firstly there was Austria, where Kimi was told of just how fast Seb was behind him, and that he was catching him up. Kimi's response? Let me drive. In Germany they got the same response, but persevered, and were more firm and direct and Kimi yielded finally, but clearly wasn't happy about it, and after the race and Seb binning it in the gravel Kimi said something in the paddock that made me chuckle, "sometimes you never know how team orders will turn out". I think Kimi knows he's gone, and he's no longer willing to pass up the opportunities at podiums and wins, and that might also ultimately bite Ferrari on the ass with the WDC, because if Kimi is ahead, I actually am no longer sure he'll just wave Vettel through, and I think vettel knows this too now. I think it's the reason we're hearing rumours that Vettel has been lobbying hard at Maranello to give Kimi a 2 year deal.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

Views on Kimi are always mixed, apart from the fact the pretty much everyone likes him, I've never questioned his commitment, lollipop in hand or not, I think he likes a certain setup, whereas Lewis and Nando have proven to be able to drive around issues, even when the car is not to their liking,

That said, lest we forget, just how good he is and was:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z036pym8MSQ

3.30 min clip Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 4 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

http://www.grandprix.com/news/ferrari-to...rsday.html
[+] 3 users Like LotusLover's post

Honestly can't say I'm surprised, and genuinely, I thought Kimi had started to be less compliant. I think he was told in code to move over in Austria. He didn't. He had to be repeatedly be told to move over in Germany, but he did reluctantly. Ferrari need him for the WCC, and ironically, it's the WCC Ferrari have stated they actually won't most to win. So if the news is true, we could see Kimi out for Kimi again.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

(05-09-2018, 06:07 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Honestly can't say I'm surprised, and genuinely, I thought Kimi had started to be less compliant. I think he was told in code to move over in Austria. He didn't. He had to be repeatedly be told to move over in Germany, but he did reluctantly. Ferrari need him for the WCC, and ironically, it's the WCC Ferrari have stated they actually won't most to win. So if the news is true, we could see Kimi out for Kimi again.

Well if they getting rid he may as well get something but I don’t think he is made that way personally, he might get a bad back(remember the pay dispute with Lotus Renault). I think he will try and help Seb to try and catch Lewis and for Ferrari to go for constructors. Then Cest la vie
[+] 2 users Like LotusLover's post

I have mixed feelings about the whole thing. I do not think Ferrari have handled it well. However getting (presumably) Leclerc into the car sooner rather than later is a good move in my book. He is potentially a future number 1 at Ferrari.

Kimi has lost a little bit, still a very good driver but no longer top echelon. I think he is done with F1 and will now venture into other motor racing. He has made his money and should be set for life and I wish him well.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post