Kimi Raikkonen

(05-09-2018, 06:23 PM)NeilP Wrote:  I have mixed feelings . . .

Kimi has lost a little bit, still a very good driver but no longer top echelon. I think he is done with F1 and will now venture into other motor racing. He has made his money and should be set for life and I wish him well.

I have also said, about mixed feelings, yes we need young blood, and Le Clerc could well be that, however, as I stated before, I for one have never questioned Kimi's commitment - and he already exited the sport for both rallying and Indycar - he's been set for life, money wise, for quite some time.

Some people may not get his style of communication, but I think he is every bit the competitor as I'd put Fernando in, though, perhaps not quite there, and most know how I rate Nando here.

As for not being "top echelon" - sorry Lewis had to drive out of his skin at Monza, to beat him, and also with great team tactics, for the victory

I've said myself, he seems to like a certain setup, whereas both Lewis and Nando, seem more adaptable, but give him a car he likes? Very much a top echelon driver, even if not at the dizzying heights of Lewis or Fernando Smile

And also, still, the last SF / WDC, - seems doubts are emerging about Sebs ability to manage this feat, while I don't want Lewis to win, or continued Merc wins - it would be somewhat poetic, if both Fernando and Seb, never manage that feat , sorry Forza Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 2 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

(05-09-2018, 07:00 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  
(05-09-2018, 06:23 PM)NeilP Wrote:  I have mixed feelings . . .

Kimi has lost a little bit, still a very good driver but no longer top echelon. I think he is done with F1 and will now venture into other motor racing. He has made his money and should be set for life and I wish him well.

I have also said, about mixed feelings, yes we need young blood, and Le Clerc could well be that, however, as I stated before, I for one have never questioned Kimi's commitment - and he already exited the sport for both rallying and Indycar - he's been set for life, money wise, for quite some time.

Some people may not get his style of communication, but I think he is every bit the competitor as I'd put Fernando in, though, perhaps not quite there, and most know how I rate Nando here.

As for not being "top echelon" - sorry Lewis had to drive out of his skin at Monza, to beat him, and also with great team tactics, for the victory

I've said myself, he seems to like a certain setup, whereas both Lewis and Nando, seem more adaptable, but give him a car he likes?  Very much a top echelon driver, even if not at the dizzying heights of Lewis or Fernando Smile

And also, still, the last SF / WDC, - seems doubts are emerging about Sebs ability to manage this feat, while I don't want Lewis to win, or continued Merc wins - it would be somewhat poetic, if both Fernando and Seb, never manage that feat , sorry Forza Smile

Good call Fog, correction though it was NASCAR not Indy, and if I remember correctly on the radio he said the car was a load of shit
[+] 3 users Like LotusLover's post

(05-09-2018, 07:00 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  And also, still, the last SF / WDC, - seems doubts are emerging about Sebs ability to manage this feat, while I don't want Lewis to win, or continued Merc wins - it would be somewhat poetic, if both Fernando and Seb, never manage that feat , sorry Forza Smile

Even more poetic if Lewis is the next Ferrari WDC.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(05-09-2018, 07:11 PM)morini Wrote:  Even more poetic if Lewis is the next Ferrari WDC.

Clasp's hands, looks up, please, please, please.      Love

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(05-09-2018, 07:34 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  
(05-09-2018, 07:11 PM)morini Wrote:  Even more poetic if Lewis is the next Ferrari WDC.

This is the only hand your getting!  Bird
[+] 5 users Like LotusLover's post

(05-09-2018, 07:43 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  This is the only hand your getting!  Bird

Anibird is better! Ani-bird

(05-09-2018, 07:43 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  
(05-09-2018, 07:34 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  

This is the only hand your getting!  Bird

Haha, made me laugh.    Laughing

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

I will be sad to see Kimi go. I've been HUGE fan of his, I really have, but it is probably time, and in Leclerc Ferrari have a future WDC on there hands. I have no doubts in that. The sooner he gets his feet under the table and gains experience at the pointy end of F1 the better for him, because right now Max Verstappen has been developing a lot with the experience he's had, while the likes of Ocon, Leclerc, Gasly, Russell, Norris etc. won't have had anywhere near as much experience when the current WDCs bow out.
[+] 4 users Like Jody Barton's post

(05-09-2018, 08:00 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  I will be sad to see Kimi go.

Me too, as a personality as much as a driver, for the last few years he hasn't generally driven to his potential. But I think there are many reasons for that. He has been Ferrari's saving grace for me over the past few seasons, if he wasn't there I'd have an even more irrational dislike for the red team. Makes me smile every time I see him in interviews.

F1 will be poorer when he’s not around the paddock.

https://youtu.be/vVa9ZfvGQzo

Quite funny this one!!!
[+] 2 users Like LotusLover's post