Favourite Track(s)

(17-11-2017, 09:28 PM)Jerejj Wrote:  ''Which is your favourite current F1 track, and why?
Which is your favourite historic F1 track, and why?
Lastly, if you could take modern F1 back to any previous track, or to a new venue - which would it be, and why?''

1. Difficult to choose just one, but I'll go with Monza due to the amount of full-throttle percentage, which is why I've enjoyed driving in the games, etc.

2. I'm not too sure whether this circuit can be regarded as a historical track as it's a quite modern-ish one, but Istanbul Park due to how flowing the lap is especially the famous multi-apex turn 8.

3. Istanbul Park. The same reason as above.

howdy Jerrejj, cheers for coming on board, yeah - I think we all agree on Istanbul - also, put any new topics/ threads up for debate, you deem interesting, Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 

(15-11-2017, 05:25 PM)Purple-banana Wrote:  Which is your favourite current F1 track, and why?
Lastly, if you could take modern F1 back to any previous track, or to a new venue - which would it be, and why?

Current Track = Suzuka - absolute driver challenge and only the very best can master it.
Historic Track = Old Monza
Previous track used with current cars = Donnington (heh :-))

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast.
[+] 2 users Like The Professor's post

(18-11-2017, 07:08 PM)The Professor Wrote:  
(15-11-2017, 05:25 PM)Purple-banana Wrote:  Which is your favourite current F1 track, and why?
Lastly, if you could take modern F1 back to any previous track, or to a new venue - which would it be, and why?

Current Track = Suzuka - absolute driver challenge and only the very best can master it.
Historic Track = Old Monza
Previous track used with current cars = Donnington (heh :-))

Howdy Professor - welcome, and cheers for signing up, feel to post any new threads/topics you think we should be discussing, cheers

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 1 user Likes Foghorn Leghorn's post

http://www.racingcircuits.info/ (Racing circuit info)

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/cars/news/opin...spartanntp

The rise and fall of Rockingham Motor Speedway.

One of the major talking points among those in the paddock was the future of the Northamptonshire venue itself, which has been up for sale since owners Bela Partnerships went into administration in 2016. The uncertainly over Rockingham’s long-term future had already caused the BTCC, along with other high-profile championships, to drop the venue for 2019.

A few days after the BTCC event, the sale of the circuit was confirmed. A statement from Rockingham said that all events scheduled for 2018 would run as planned but referenced “changes in business operations” at the venue.
According to the Companies House website, an investment company registered in St Helier, Jersey has bought Rockingham, and the Northamptonshire Telegraph has reported it will become a car storage centre. Whether it can continue to be used for track activities, or whether there are other long-term plans for it, is unknown. It was offered for sale as a ‘development opportunity’ and a huge housing development is being built nearby.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Years ago I used to have Geoff Crammonds F1 driving game and my favourite tracks to drive were
1. Interlagos
2. Monaco
3. Spa

But for watching on TV I like ANY track where overtaking is possible!

If you think nobody cares about you, try skipping a mortgage payment.
[+] 3 users Like Barry Malawi's post

(04-09-2018, 07:06 AM)Barry Malawi Wrote:  Years ago I used to have Geoff Crammonds F1 driving game and my favourite tracks to drive were
1. Interlagos
2. Monaco
3. Spa

But for watching on TV I like ANY track where overtaking is possible!

I'm with you on Spa & Interlagos, but I detest racing on Monaco in games! It usually results in me rage-quitting after needing to pit for a third new front wing in 5 laps!

Purple Banana (a.k.a John or JB  Smile )
"The flowers of victory belong in many vases." - Michael Schumacher
[+] 2 users Like Purple-banana's post

I'm with you on Spa & Interlagos, but I detest racing on Monaco in games! It usually results in me rage-quitting after needing to pit for a third new front wing in 5 laps!

PB - you 'rage quitting' I have a really hard time believing that!!!! Smile
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

Didn't see this thread before, but glad of the thread necromancy.

1) Bloody difficult for me. Spa, Silverstone, Monza and Suzuka are all truly, truly great tracks. I also have to give props to CotA, the yanks did a damn fine job with that one. However, got to agree with Morini and The Professor... Suzuka just nips it for me.

2) Favourite historic track is also a damn tricky one. Istanbul is I guess 'historic' now too, and if we're not careful so too will Malaysia, which if it was still on the calendar would have made it into my list for my first answer. As would the Nürnberg Ring. All three are worthy of being brought back. F1 has lost some truly great tracks from the calendar, was glad to see Paul Riccard back on the calendar, but from France you could also add Magny-Cours and Dijon, although not too sure how the modern cars would take to Dijon now, it's a bit flat, but in ye olden days the run through turns 1, 2 and then up to turn 3 were epic and you'd often get three cars all jostling into the far too tight turn 4. There's also the Autódromo de Buenos Aires, but only the old circuit with the blast around the lake, the piddling Mickey Mouse shorter version was an abomination that should have been purified with fire. Brands Hatch also deserves an honourable mention, and I heard Chase Carey in an American interview stating that soon F1 may have 4 talented British drivers on the grid (I think he meant Norris, Russell, Ticktum and Hamilton of course) and that there might be an argument for two GPs in GB. Two more tracks which deserve honourable historic mentions are Watkins Glen in the USA and Imola Italy (Sorry it's nowhere near San bloody Marino!) but like Dijon, they'd both need a lot of work to take F1 cars now... which... is all just a long introduction for me agreeing with Morini again and saying Kyalami for a number of reasons. Historically the old track was a proper racers track, balls of steel stuff that produced classic after classic, but more importantly I think it's about time F1 went back to Africa. True the old track has gone, but the new layout keeps much of the spirit of the old track, and it's just a superb facility.

3) Historic track I'd bring back? Too many to pick just one. Drop Russia for Turkey. Drop Bahrain for Kyalami. Drop Hockenheim (just never liked the redesign) for Nürnberg Ring... and just put Malaysia back on the calendar. Seriously, it'll be missed this year because how the top two teams are poised right now it'd have been a right old ding dong between the two. We may have been robbed of the greatest F1 race that never was.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

https://www.motorsport.com/us/f1/news/mi...p/3171701/

Miami-Dade’s mayor has personally intervened to cancel a delegation’s fact-finding trip to the Singapore Grand Prix, in a fresh blow to plans for a Formula 1 race in Miami.

The Miami Herald reported on Saturday that the delegation of county administrators – including Police and Fire Department chiefs – would travel to Singapore and get first-hand experience of how a F1-standard street race operated, in a trip costing around $18,000.

But on Tuesday, mayor Carlos Gimenez – whose son CJ has been lobbying in favour of the race – lifted a self-imposed recusal on the matter and intervened.
In a statement, he said: “Upon further reflection, I’ve asked the directors of PortMiami, Miami-Dade Police and Miami-Dade Fire to cancel their departments’ trip and to look for a venue closer to Miami-Dade County.”

Although the county delegation’s trip is off, a group of Miami city officials – including event administrators and Police – will attend the Singapore race as planned at the invitation of F1.
Plans to run the Miami Grand Prix in 2019 were shelved in July, and the next city-level discussion was pushed back until later this month. October 2020 is now the targeted date for the inaugural event.
Meantime, plans are progressing for the F1 Live fan event in Miami on October 17-21. The latest plan is to base it in the Bayfront Park area, with an F1 demonstration planned to run along 700 metres of Biscayne Boulevard, with a ‘donut area’ at NE 5th Street.
This event, as well as the grand prix plan, continues to face opposition from downtown residents, who are concerned about the noise and disruption they would cause.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Just another meaningless, just for the sake of it race. Apart from bringing more exposure to the USA it brings nothing to the sport. If you are going to add a USA race to the calendar get Watkins Glen sorted out and lets go back there.

Perhaps someone should start a race series in just cities across the world. There you go entrepreneurs you are welcome!

(04-09-2018, 11:29 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Didn't see this thread before, but glad of the thread necromancy.
Just wondered if that would make the originator of the thread a Necromancer?
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post