Favourite Track(s)

I can tolerate watching the Monaco race on TV but I despise racing on it in any of the racing games I pass the time with.

In Codemaster's F1 2017, I skipped every session and accepted the loss of 'reputation' as a fair price to pay for not getting so wound up and making 20 pit stops to repair front wing damage. Not to mention saving wear on the PU  Idea lol

Purple Banana (a.k.a John or JB  Smile )
"The flowers of victory belong in many vases." - Michael Schumacher
[+] 1 user Likes Purple-banana's post

The last time I played any form of x/box / Ps was many many years ago, I am pretty sure it was Toca touring cars (18 -19 years ago??).....I am also pretty sure graphics and player experience have moved on since then lol

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(17-11-2017, 12:07 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  The last time I played any form of x/box / Ps was many many years ago, I am pretty sure it was Toca touring cars (18 -19 years ago??).....I am also pretty sure graphics and player experience have moved on since then lol

I think it was probably TOCA or TOCA2 that really got me hooked on motor sport in general. TOCA2 had a huge (at the time!) test track that I would spend hours tooling around on. I always used to drive the Honda Accord and developed a hatred of the Nissan Primeria with that horrid red/blue on white design. Bleugh. On the PC version you could also create your own liveries, which led to some interesting designs....

They have come a long way since then, and I still enjoy playing them (aged 31 lol). I recently got an Oculus Rift VR headset and that thing is incredible. Although it did make a friend of mine almost vom all over my steering wheel!!!!

My son was very young at the time and my wife couldn`t understand why `Santa` had brought him a Ps 1, steering wheel and pedals and Toca...within about an hour of it all being set up and me being missing in action for the rest of christmas day it finally clicked haha

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(17-11-2017, 12:40 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  My son was very young at the time and my wife couldn`t understand why `Santa` had brought him a Ps 1, steering wheel and pedals and Toca...within about an hour of it all being set up and me being missing in action for the rest of christmas day it finally clicked haha

Haha outstanding!

[+] 1 user Likes Purple-banana's post

Another favourite track for me would have to be Nurburgring. Every now and then I watch a few laps from onboard the Ferrari (02).....Michael going through the last chicane....fantastic !!!

Spa for me and Silverstone is a great track for action, historic would be Nurburgring (full) Monaco for skill but not entertainment although that may well be my next call to a Gp
[+] 1 user Likes LotusLover's post

''Which is your favourite current F1 track, and why?
Which is your favourite historic F1 track, and why?
Lastly, if you could take modern F1 back to any previous track, or to a new venue - which would it be, and why?''

1. Difficult to choose just one, but I'll go with Monza due to the amount of full-throttle percentage, which is why I've enjoyed driving in the games, etc.

2. I'm not too sure whether this circuit can be regarded as a historical track as it's a quite modern-ish one, but Istanbul Park due to how flowing the lap is especially the famous multi-apex turn 8.

3. Istanbul Park. The same reason as above.
[+] 4 users Like Jerejj's post

(17-11-2017, 09:28 PM)Jerejj Wrote:  ''Which is your favourite current F1 track, and why?
Which is your favourite historic F1 track, and why?
Lastly, if you could take modern F1 back to any previous track, or to a new venue - which would it be, and why?''

1. Difficult to choose just one, but I'll go with Monza due to the amount of full-throttle percentage, which is why I've enjoyed driving in the games, etc.

2. I'm not too sure whether this circuit can be regarded as a historical track as it's a quite modern-ish one, but Istanbul Park due to how flowing the lap is especially the famous multi-apex turn 8.

3. Istanbul Park. The same reason as above.

Welcome to the community Jerejj!

(17-11-2017, 08:59 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  Spa for me and Silverstone is a great track for action, historic would be Nurburgring (full) Monaco for skill but not entertainment although that may well be my next call to a Gp

Hi Lotus, I haven't been to a gp there but my mate went 2 years ago and recommended it, he stayed outside Monaco and travelled in and out each day, he said it wasnt as expensive as he had thought it was going to be.