2018 British GP

Holy crap, Hartley just had a very big crash. Front suspension failure. The FIA will want to scrutineer those Toro Rosso cars before letting them race I would think. Lucky, lucky boy. Gravel trap nearly flipped the car.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

Could we see all these `ripples` in the new surface quickly find any weakness`s (not saying that is what caused Hartley failure)

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(07-07-2018, 11:19 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  That was a massive suspension failure on Hartley`s TR

Yep, didn't look good did it?
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(07-07-2018, 11:21 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Could we see all these `ripples` in the new surface quickly find any weakness`s (not saying that is what caused Hartley failure)

That's a good point, actually.

(07-07-2018, 11:22 AM)morini Wrote:  That's a good point, actually.

I try to limit my `good points`...dont expect any more for the remainder of the season Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(07-07-2018, 09:39 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Hamilton's Mercedes was an absolute pig yesterday Professor,

Just watched Hamilton's first attempt in P3 onboard. Doesn't look a pig *at all*.

Wow, the onboard of Hamilton looks like he's driving on a dirt track it's so bumpy. The onboard of Ricciardo is even bloody worse!

Morini it looks better, still got some understated in the car, but you might want that in the race to dial out the graining and blistering on the front tyres.

PS. Looking far better than yesterday for Mercedes, the oversteer looks gone.

Looking at the top 10 or 11 you'd have to say Ferrari power looking good. I expect Force India to be in their, but Leclerc is looking great.

Hmmm... Sauber and Haas might have half a chance to pick a Red Bull off.

Kimi looking superb!

Let's see what Hamilton has.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

(07-07-2018, 11:34 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Let's see what Hamilton has.

More.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

This qualifying is going to be close. The Ferrari still looks a bit better through S3, Mercedes a bit better through S1 and S2 nip and tuck.

Magnussen 0.003 off of Ricciardo and he had a moment in T4 and the last corner. Hmmm. This qualifying will be classic.

(07-07-2018, 11:52 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  This qualifying is going to be close. The Ferrari still looks a bit better through S3, Mercedes a bit better through S1 and S2 nip and tuck.

Well I'll put my opinion in the ring and say that Hamilton has it covered. Yes, the red cars look pretty good, but I reckon Mercedes have pace in hand. Bottas is a bit subdued this session though. I can easily see the Ferraris splitting the Mercs.

Crofty is pissing me off no end, He doesn't half talk a load of crap. Perhaps Mercedes were just running their program yesterday? No?

I bet Sky and all those sensationalist "tide has turned" comments yesterday are going to back fire on them. It's all bullshit people.