2018 British GP

(09-07-2018, 01:42 PM)Purple-banana Wrote:  Mrs Banana had to check my temperature when I voted for him on DOTD

But he was DOTD, no question.

And on the subject of being knackered, maybe he needs to work on his fitness more? But on the other hand he was "on it" for more of that race than his direct rivals who were coasting for much of the race. Still, he was driving to the limits of the tyres so he should have been able to do the race distance without being exhausted.

Fact is, people are slating him for not talking to Brundle. Me, I don't have a problem with that at all. He'd given his all to try to win his home GP and make some significant history in the process. Who wouldn't be bitterly disappointed after the way it was taken away with a clumsy move? I've said here and elsewhere that Kimi isn't the sort to do that deliberately and I stand by that. Was very clumsy though, it has to be said. Realistically I don't think it would have made any difference to the outcome as the race was lost when Vettel out started him. Yes, Lewis might have had a go for longer, but track position is king and without a tyre disparity (e.g. like the one Vettel had against Bottas at the end) getting past the Ferrari would have been impossible anyway.

He has to suck it up and move on. But that was a chance to make more history gone begging from a poor start. All of this is "in my opinion", so don't go off on one Wink

Two races Mercedes really should have won, but he's only 8 points behind with a DNF to his name. That's all good as far as I'm concerned.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Well it could be PR saw a lot of negatives and swayed Leeis to make a statement or.... he realised it was not the done thing either way it’s over now every sane person will move on and look to the next race like me Smile
[+] 3 users Like LotusLover's post

(09-07-2018, 08:06 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  Well it could be PR saw a lot of negatives and swayed Leeis to make a statement or.... he realised it was not the done thing either way it’s over now every sane person will move on and look to the next race like me Smile

I am a big Hamilton fan but I totally understand when things like this happen he is rightly criticized.  I hope it was not Mercedes PR that suggested he made that statement I hope it was from himself (I am sure we will never know).

Forza - As for the exhausted comment I get it, well I get it 50%.  The mental exhaustion for sure, the physical exhaustion it was the same for every driver not the least Vettel with his injured neck.

Hamilton's biggest and maybe only weakness is his mental toughness, I am not saying he does not have any he clearly does.  It remains a thing he could improve on.

Now, back to the real world:  Forza have a word with your boys they are crashing into mine FAR TOO OFTEN Smile Smile Smile
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(09-07-2018, 08:23 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Hamilton's biggest and maybe only weakness is his mental toughness

No, really don't agree with you there. I think he is one of the best in that department. Look at how often he has bounced back after poor races. Even Nico Rosberg gave Hamilton credit on that front. He said something like (I'm paraphrasing) "maximise your points when Lewis has a bad day because he always comes back strong". That is not a sign of mental weakness. Far from it.

I wouldnt say Lewis is mentally weak but he does let things get to him more so than a lot of the other drivers especially when he is on the back foot so to speak.....at least it comes across that way to me

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

Well I'll agree he shows his disappointment more than some, but in no way is that a sign of mental weakness. If anything it shows how bad he still wants it. The drivers who suffer in that department will go on multi race slumps in performance. I don't see it with him Forza, sorry, I honestly don't. He has too much belief in his own ability.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Let me clarify my statement.

I never said he was mentally weak, I said he is not mentally as tough as he can be. I get that he wears his heart on his sleeve but you do not go on your team radio and complain about your car its a sign of weakness. You should suggest what you can do to help the situation, ask for advice, do not complain your car is not working properly when clearly it is. He set fastest laps, he closed gaps, he overtook with ease most cars. Damaged cars do not do that, even Mercedes and Ferrari's. It made your previous comments look weak and stupid.

Hell I love the guy, weirdness and all and what he does off the track is his business but on the track you got to be Senna like (his hero). Maybe because radios were not in the cars in his day but I am pretty sure we would never have heard him complain other than "Get that MF out of my way!!!!

Forza - to answer your earlier point, yes he did go out to the fans as usual but it was a brief visit not his usual stuff. That said he interacts with fans more than any or all the other drivers put together after a race. Again its a love it or hate it scenario.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

(09-07-2018, 09:53 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Forza - to answer your earlier point, yes he did go out to the fans as usual but it was a brief visit not his usual stuff.  That said he interacts with fans more than any or all the other drivers put together after a race. Again its a love it or hate it scenario.

Cheers Neil, I didnt see or hear anything about it and just wondered....Im glad he did.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

As for the Lewis sounding knackered, and out of breath, isn't he asthmatic? I'm sure I read that somewhere.

Any way, I don't think that's the reason he walked away. However, I'll let it slide like I have with Seb and others over the years. I get why he was pissed off.

However, didn't like the insinuations from Lewis and Merc, about Ferrari cheating. Just like u didn't like Ferrari insinuating for years that Red Bull and Mercedes were cheating. It's unsporting. However, we know before Baku that Arrivabene had told his driver's to be more aggressive at starts and restarts... the result? Kimi and Ocon coming together, and Seb outbreaking himself at the restart. There were also bumps in Spain and Canada for Kimi, Seb ruining Bottas' race and Kimi trashing Lewis' chance at going for the win. Ferrari won't change though as long as it is working for them. However, we might see the Mercedes boys get their elbows out more.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

(10-07-2018, 10:34 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  As for the Lewis sounding knackered, and out of breath, isn't he asthmatic? I'm sure I read that somewhere.

Not sure Jody, the only time I recall anything like this mentioned was a few years back when Lewis waded into the TUE`s controversy, If I remember correctly he was then asked did he use any to which he replied (something along the lines of) "I dont use any at the minute/moment"

[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post