2018 British GP

(09-07-2018, 12:05 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  "Lewis Hamilton has revealed he was "struggling to stand" after the British Grand Prix because he was exhausted from his fight back to second following a first-lap spin.
A bad start dropped Hamilton to third and he was then hit by the Ferrari of Kimi Raikkonen at Turn 3, which dropped the Mercedes driver to 18th.
Hamilton recovered to second, aided by Mercedes' decision not to pit him for fresh tyres under a safety car to gain track position, but looked tense alongside Raikkonen while the top three waited to go onto the podium post-race.
Asked if it was because of the first-lap clash, Hamilton said: "Not at all. No.
"It's easy for you to sit and watch the race. I sweat my arse off in that race. I pushed absolutely 100%, 1000%."

"I gave every bit of energy I had, I didn't have anything left when I came in.
"People expect you to get out of the car and wave and smile and all that.
"I gave everything I could, I was struggling to stand. It's so physical nowadays.
"It's different when you're in the lead and can control the pace. I was coming from last."

"So, I didn't have much to give at that time and needed to take a deep breath.
"I don't have any problems with Kimi."

"While Hamilton was left exhausted post-race, his title rival and British GP winner Sebastian Vettel appeared to have a bigger physical scare on Saturday.

Not having a go at Lewis here (makes a change I hear you all say) but I have noticed this year (and a few times last year) on several occasions Lewis being short of breath on the radio and now looking more drained after this race than others....obviously Lewis like all drivers is supremely fit but as the above post from Paps states he seems to have really struggled...anyone any thoughts on this?

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(09-07-2018, 01:08 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Not having a go at Lewis here (makes a change I hear you all say) but I have noticed this year (and a few times last year) on several occasions Lewis being short of breath on the radio and now looking more drained after this race than others....obviously Lewis like all drivers is supremely fit but as the above post from Paps states he seems to have really struggled...anyone any thoughts on this?

Nose-stud inhibiting airflow perhaps?

Purple Banana (a.k.a John or JB  Smile )
"The flowers of victory belong in many vases." - Michael Schumacher
[+] 2 users Like Purple-banana's post

(09-07-2018, 12:13 PM)Purple-banana Wrote:  *sniff sniff*
What's that?
That's the smell of the Mercedes PR/spin-doctor who has been working through the night to try and explain why Lewis sulked off instead of doing the post-race interviews

Hi Purple, is it different to Sebastian doing the same thing? had a chuckle last night when Lewis said it was exhaustion not him being angry, I'm a fan & I had to smile, like I said in another post earlier, when the red mist is down its better to walk away, as Sebastian & Lewis did.

Hi Forza, Yeah I've heard the radio where he sounds knackered, too many super models perhaps, though in his defence yesterday he was on it pretty much every lap so I'm not surprised he was shattered, pretty much every lap was a quali lap for him, remember Nigel & Ayrton were both lifted out of their cars, ok looking on the bright side lol.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(09-07-2018, 01:17 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Hi Forza, Yeah I've heard the radio where he sounds knackered, too many super models perhaps

Maybe he just needs a good Porterhouse steak to sort him out Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

I dont blame him from walking away from an interview, if he was not up for it better deal with your issues in private first than in public.

However I am not buying the exhausted excuse blaming Kimi. It was wrong, you knew it was wrong the moment it left your mouth. Just be honest with people sometimes in the heat of the moment we say things we have not given any thought to, we dont really mean them they just come out, offering up a lame excuse like that is I guess one of the reasons some people dont like your approach to things.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

(09-07-2018, 01:17 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Hi Purple, is it different to Sebastian doing the same thing?  had a chuckle last night when Lewis said it was exhaustion not him being angry, I'm a fan & I had to smile, like I said in another post earlier, when the red mist is down its better to walk away, as Sebastian & Lewis did.

Meh, I don't really care that he tried to avoid the interview, they got him on the podium instead (which is where these interviews rightfully belong imho). It's more his attitude that he did it at his home race, in front of hordes of his fans. I mean, he came from the back of the field to second place, dropping only 7pts instead of 25. That is an incredible achievement, he should have been on cloud 9. If he'd have won, exhaustion or not, he'd have been running around and crowd surfing while 2nd & 3rd place drivers waited patiently for him.

But then to say what he did about it being a deliberate act is just totally deplorable. No number of PR-mandated U-turns are going to excuse that sort of outburst.

I really do feel let down by Lewis this weekend. Aside from his constant whinging on the radio, I was honestly willing him on. Mrs Banana had to check my temperature when I voted for him on DOTD

[+] 3 users Like Purple-banana's post

LeClerc yet again making the most of a not so good situation, upto 7th at one point then it all went wrong, he was/is in my dream team damn damn DAMN so was MV come to think of it oh well,
Wonder when Ferrari will announce 2019 line up I reckon they stalling between DR and Charlie boy no brained for me personally Leclerc in red but I’m going to
Miss the Iceman I really am
[+] 4 users Like LotusLover's post

(09-07-2018, 01:17 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Hi Forza, Yeah I've heard the radio where he sounds knackered, too many super models perhaps, though in his defence yesterday he was on it pretty much every lap so I'm not surprised he was shattered, pretty much every lap was a quali lap for him, remember Nigel & Ayrton were both lifted out of their cars, ok looking on the bright side lol.

I get Lewis put in the work yesterday and was "on it" but I would imagine so did/was Kimi, Alonso and many others and  Seb had a neck issue.... maybe I am just seeing something that isnt there, I just find it strange.
(anyone know did LH go out to the crowds at any stage after the race like he normally does?)

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(09-07-2018, 01:41 PM)NeilP Wrote:  I dont blame him from walking away from an interview, if he was not up for it better deal with your issues in private first than in public.

However I am not buying the exhausted excuse blaming Kimi. It was wrong, you knew it was wrong the moment it left your mouth. Just be honest with people sometimes in the heat of the moment we say things we have not given any thought to, we dont really mean them they just come out, offering up a lame excuse like that is I guess one of the reasons some people dont like your approach to things.

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/1...g-incident

"Lewis Hamilton has accepted an apology from Kimi Raikkonen for their British GP crash and acknowledged the first-lap collision "was a racing incident".
Immediately after the race, Hamilton had said the move was "interesting tactics" while Toto Wolff, the Mercedes boss, said the spate of first-lap crashes by Ferrari drivers into his Silver Arrows cars was either "deliberate or incompetent".
But in a post released on his Instagram account on Monday, Hamilton said: "Kimi said sorry and I accept it and we move on. It was a racing incident and nothing more.

"Sometimes we say dumb s**t and we learn from it."

Fair play Lewis.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

But he doesn't learn from it Paps, that's the problem.

[+] 1 user Likes Purple-banana's post