2018 British GP

The main thing that stood out for me in this race, was how much faster the Mercedes and Ferrari cars are compared to the rest of the field. Good for them, but on this track it is just a race between two teams.
[+] 4 users Like Antilochos's post

"They don't like it up em !!!! Big Grin"

They are absolutely feeling the pressure that is for sure. I think there are 100 twists and turns to come this season.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

Oh for sure Neil long may it continue, as long as they race hard and fair
[+] 3 users Like LotusLover's post

(08-07-2018, 05:34 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Very poor form from Mercedes in my opinion, hoping as Neil has said it was a "heat of the moment comment", comes across as sour grapes

I think Mercedes should just shut up now. Put it right on the track boys. Fine to think what you like in private, but I don't want to see them publicly airing this kind of stuff. Besides, Kimi is no stooge, he wouldn't deliberately take someone out to befit his team mate. It's just not his style.

My alcohol gauge is on 3/4 and I'm annoyed with what I'm reading.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(08-07-2018, 06:28 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  The main thing that stood out for me in this race, was how much faster the Mercedes and Ferrari cars are compared to the rest of the field. Good for them, but on this track it is just a race between two teams.

Never a truer word spoken. Red bull could still have a major part to play in the final outcome though, they are in a position to take points away from Ferrari and Mercedes at some of the remaining races. Like I said earlier, development race from here on in.
[+] 5 users Like morini's post

(08-07-2018, 07:22 PM)morini Wrote:  I think Mercedes should just shut up now. Put it right on the track boys. Fine to think what you like in private, but I don't want to see them publicly airing this kind of stuff. Besides, Kimi is no stooge, he wouldn't deliberately take someone out to befit his team mate. It's just not his style.

My alcohol gauge is on 3/4 and I'm annoyed with what I'm reading.

I get they are pissed off/hurting now, thats natural, who/what team wouldnt be...at first I thought (like Neil said) it was a heat of the moment comment, but we have had Lewis suggest it on the podium, Toto has come out with it (albeit throwing James Alison under the bus) and while leaving the track Niki has said as much. As you say Kimi is his own man and may be happy to play the wingman every now and then but not this.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

All it displays is a lack of class and pressure building, all good things come to an end and maybe just maybe, infact kudos to Ferrari for investing so heavily in to catching them up given the gap in previous times, Like Moroni says let’s see them sort it out on the track not with handbags
[+] 2 users Like LotusLover's post

What a race! In watching Seb's lightning start I had actually missed Bottas take Lewis and thought it was VB who'd been punted out. When I realised it was Lewis I was delighted, but not for the reason you would expect from ol' Purple Banana, but because I knew he would be coming through the field like a hot knife through butter. (Ok, ok, I admit, a small part of me was thinking of the points Seb & Ferrari could score over Lewis & Merc)

I wasn't disappointed and to be up to I think it was 6th by lap 12 was an awesome effort. If it hadn't been for all the radio clips we heard of him moaning about phantom damage to his car, I would have been cheering him on! Come the end of the race, I even found myself reaching for my phone and voting for him for DOTD, even despite Seb's heroic lunge on Bottas.

Then if he tarnished it by sulking off, he totally ruined it with his insinuation that it was deliberate. And I was gobsmacked that it was a view backed up by Toto. There is no place in this sport for that kind of dirty laundry airing, if you feel aggrieved, take it up with the FIA, don't start mouthing off to the press in the heat of the moment. I am really appalled by their attitude and expect they have done some serious damage to their reputation and fan base with their post-race behaviour. 

Mercedes need to sort their starts out, it's ok bringing "2.1" engines, or patting yourself on the back when PU #1 manages an extra race than planned, but while ever they are slow off the line, they're going to keep getting mugged and finding themselves elbow to elbow with other cars - something they haven't had to deal with in the last 4 years.

Lastly, I had to chuckle when Seb's cool-down message was translated, "We won on their turf", a fair shout after Lewis' not-so-gracious comments after winning in Monza last year. Yet another of Lewiss snide remarks that's come back to bite him on the ass. I feel like I say this on a weekly basis, but when will he learn to keep his mouth shut!?

Purple Banana (a.k.a John or JB  Smile )
"The flowers of victory belong in many vases." - Michael Schumacher
[+] 3 users Like Purple-banana's post

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/137297...g-to-stand

"Lewis Hamilton has revealed he was "struggling to stand" after the British Grand Prix because he was exhausted from his fight back to second following a first-lap spin.
A bad start dropped Hamilton to third and he was then hit by the Ferrari of Kimi Raikkonen at Turn 3, which dropped the Mercedes driver to 18th.
Hamilton recovered to second, aided by Mercedes' decision not to pit him for fresh tyres under a safety car to gain track position, but looked tense alongside Raikkonen while the top three waited to go onto the podium post-race.
Asked if it was because of the first-lap clash, Hamilton said: "Not at all. No.
"It's easy for you to sit and watch the race. I sweat my arse off in that race. I pushed absolutely 100%, 1000%."

"I gave every bit of energy I had, I didn't have anything left when I came in.
"People expect you to get out of the car and wave and smile and all that.
"I gave everything I could, I was struggling to stand. It's so physical nowadays.
"It's different when you're in the lead and can control the pace. I was coming from last."

"So, I didn't have much to give at that time and needed to take a deep breath.
"I don't have any problems with Kimi."

"While Hamilton was left exhausted post-race, his title rival and British GP winner Sebastian Vettel appeared to have a bigger physical scare on Saturday.
Vettel admitted he feared he would miss qualifying with a neck complaint, and though he went on to earn second on the grid he confessed to still being a little worried going into the race.
He ultimately required less headrest padding than in qualifying to manage the issue and ended up completing the GP without further concern.
"It felt good on the laps to the grid so I took some [padding] off," said Vettel.
"Qualifying wasn't very enjoyable, I did as little runs as possible and I had the padding just to support in the corners where I was resting my head.
"[In the race] it wasn't necessary, I had a good feeling and the race was no problem."

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

*sniff sniff*

What's that?

That's the smell of the Mercedes PR/spin-doctor who has been working through the night to try and explain why Lewis sulked off instead of doing the post-race interviews

Purple Banana (a.k.a John or JB  Smile )
"The flowers of victory belong in many vases." - Michael Schumacher
[+] 1 user Likes Purple-banana's post