2018 British GP

Lotus... my comments are not aimed at any individuals, if I really had something to say to someone I would (always with respect) its a general comment on Lewis he cannot win whatever he does with his detractors.

Its not hard to feel his huge disappointment at his race, deep down I am sure he knows that it was bad luck to a degree but on the other side of the coin he screwed up his start pretty bad, if he got a good start turn 3 would not have happen so he has to also accept that and I am sure he does inside.

AS a Lewis and Mercedes fan I am more disappointed at the lack of a head to head race with Vettel than his accident.

A surprising element of the last few races to me it seems to me we are talking a lot more about Ferrari's abilities on tyres as opposed to Mercedes. Have things turned around? How did that happen? To me Mercedes is the better car on harder tyres and the Ferrari and indeed Red Bulls run better on the softer ones.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

(08-07-2018, 04:38 PM)NeilP Wrote:  AS a Lewis and Mercedes fan I am more disappointed at the lack of a head to head race with Vettel than his accident.

Yeah Neil Lewis was very unfortunate at the start with Kimi and the incident robbed us of seeing what LH / SV could have done in a head to head, great recovery drive from LH, not dissimilar to SV recovery drive in France, really enjoyed the Bottas/Seb battle in the latter stages...even with his tyres going off I though Bottas was brilliant in defending.

#italiancheatingb@stards Wink

British GP: Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes fume with Ferrari...

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/1...th-ferrari

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

'British GP: Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes fume with Ferrari...'

Pure emotion talking. I would be stunned if Ferrari deliberately have hit Mercedes cars in the last few races. Both these teams have fired shots at each other lately a sign of how close it is at the top! Vettel lost downforce should he have known better, yes maybe. Raikonnen today... just clumsy in my opinion. Both were racing incidents in my book.

Maybe we should be looking for Bottas to take out Vettel sometime soon Smile

See this is what I mean, now Kimi is taking out Mercs on purpose what a load of horse sh1t. And people wonder why there is animosity there?
[+] 1 user Likes LotusLover's post

Very poor form from Mercedes in my opinion, hoping as Neil has said it was a "heat of the moment comment", comes across as sour grapes

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

lol, forget the bollocks, what a race, I for one hope Lewis is annoyed, as I've said before I like a bit of niggle, what a race & what a season we are having, we should all be loving it, cant wait for Germany already.   Big Grin

(08-07-2018, 05:34 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  hoping as Neil has said it was a "heat of the moment comment", comes across as sour grapes

What else is it apart from a "heat of the moment comment", unless those dastardly Tea ladies gave Kimi a bung lol. Tongue

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(08-07-2018, 05:36 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  lol, forget the bollocks, what a race, I for one hope Lewis is annoyed, as I've said before I like a bit of niggle, what a race & what a season we are having, we should all be loving it, cant wait for Germany already.   Big Grin

Spot on bud, really enjoyed those laps after the sc, yeah get them all angry and pissed off and let them at it Wink

'Very poor form from Mercedes in my opinion, hoping as Neil has said it was a "heat of the moment comment", comes across as sour grapes'

Its a fine line between accusing someone of something or hinting at something. Personally I think Mercedes have overstepped the mark and should be fined by the FIA and made to apologize.

Its one thing to be frustrated at the Ferrari errors and that is understandable and has cost Mercedes badly through no fault of their own but quite another to suggest it is deliberate.

(08-07-2018, 05:40 PM)NeilP Wrote:  'Very poor form from Mercedes in my opinion, hoping as Neil has said it was a "heat of the moment comment", comes across as sour grapes'

Its a fine line between accusing someone of something or hinting at something. Personally I think Mercedes have overstepped the mark and should be fined by the FIA and made to apologize.

Its one thing to be frustrated at the Ferrari errors and that is understandable and has cost Mercedes badly through no fault of their own but quite another to suggest it is deliberate.

They don't like it up em !!!!   Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes LotusLover's post

With all the talk about Merc and Ferrari drivers I forgot to mention Max....what a move ...Max round the outside of Kimi at Copse...awesome move!