Ferrari

Hi, really enjoyed reading your posts good points made by all.

When CLC first signed Forza pointed out that he hoped that Charles would be protected, obviously this is Ferrari's way of helping/protecting him, I have no doubt there is a lot Charles can learn from Sebastian, though *If* Charles starts to get the better of Sebastian this Binotto statement could make him personally look not so good, don't suppose he would mind as long as Ferrari are winning!

Still I'm/we are thinking he has said it because he believes he is helping, time will tell if he was right or wrong.

Part of me hopes Charles is good enough to bugger off into the sunset because we need drivers to challenge Max in the coming years.

From what I have seen & read Sebastian should be quicker on Saturdays, Sundays I'm not sure, exciting isn't it!

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

*Driver talk moved to general Driver Discussion*

Sorry lads, had to do it : )

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Agreed Hesh. No need to apologise.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

Ferrari has dropped 'Mission Winnow' from its official name for 2019. The move, not announced publicly but clear from the latest version of the FIA entry list, follows speculation Ferrari is in the spotlight for reportedly clandestine cigarette advertising.

'Mission Winnow' is the new message from Ferrari's main sponsor Philip Morris, who make Marlboro cigarettes – long-term Scuderia sponsors in their glory days with Michael Schumacher in the early 2000s.

"We know that many have doubts about us and our motivations," Andre Calantzopoulos, Philip Morris CEO, told La Repubblica newspaper.

"But with Mission Winnow, we want the world to know the change we have done and our dedication to rigorous science and innovation that leads us to a better future."

The move comes after Melbourne's The Age newspaper said an investigation has been launched in Australia ahead of the 2019 season opener in Melbourne.

The investigations are being carried out by the federal health department, the Victorian state equivalent, and the Australian Communications and Media Authority.

"It (Mission Winnow) has nothing to do with F1 cars, that's for sure," said Australian anti-smoking campaigner John Cunningham.

I gave up tobacco 10yrs ago, back then I used to smoke Marlboro & used to think it looked cool on the Ferrari, though not as cool as JPS Wink

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Interesting to see if Ducati follow suit. Four days till the green light of Qatar FP1, they are still listed as Mission Winnow Ducati.

Philip Morris has confirmed that Mission Winnow will remain the active title sponsor of Ferrari in the 2019 Formula 1 season, despite the change in team name and the removal of its logos for the Australian Grand Prix.

Binotto reveals he almost quit Ferrari' (Planet F1)

Ferrari team principal Mattia Binotto has confirmed that there was bubbling tension within the team during the off-season.

After missing out on yet another chance to clinch World Championship glory in 2018, the Italian media began to report of a split between Binotto and then team principal Maurizio Arrivabene.

Ahead of the new season, Binotto has lifted the lid on the atmosphere at Ferrari last season and how the working environment almost led to his departure.

“I felt I was no longer in a position to do my job well and I made it known,” Binotto said in an interview with the Corriere della Sera.

MotoGP let on that Winnow was going to stay (in my eyes), and just like the alcohol branding in other countries, it's be removed from aesthetics only. So we can expect Ducati to run something similar to Ferrari in Melbourne for their round at Philip island.

Ferrari revised Livery 
[Image: D1eJRqBWsAApL8G.jpg]

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

IMO, it looks much better without the white.

Edit: Wait, what the hell am I talking about. The white was last year...Don't think I've quite got into this seasons cars as I have done in the past...
So, the "90 years" looks better than the MW.

[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post