Red Bull to Honda good move or not

So, Red Bull announced what most thought would happen they have dropped Renault and moved on to Honda for 2019, However is it a good move or is it a risk?

One cannot doubt the immense technical abilities of Honda but four seasons down the road and they are still quite a way behind. Their power numbers are up this season for sure but there is no real track record of reliability.

Will this make Daniel Ricciardos decision any easier to stay or go (I would insert the Clash here if I could)?

Does this open up an opportunity for a new team in F1 supplied by Renault?

What does this mean for the rest of the year, will Renault bother to continue to fully support the Red Bull team?

I thought the move was inevitable, I think Red Bulls treatment of Renault over the last few seasons has been less than respectable.

Its a bold move that has boom or bust written all over it for me. I am not a fan of Red Bull, but I do like both their drivers but as a fan of the sport I have to hope its a move that at least keeps them up there with Mercedes and Ferrari.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

Red Bull need to hope big style this works ....where will they go if in 3 years the Honda engine is still lacking in power? Foe every year they develop the engine , Ferrari, Merc and Renault also add extra HP to their(already more powerful) engines.

Would Merc supply them in 2021...nope ....and I think they would get the same answer from Ferrari....and the chance of reconciliation with Renault are bleak at best.

A bold move and the only saftey net would be if Aston Martin start supplying them with their own engines...which would again be years behind the other F1 manufacturers.......talk about between a rock and a hard place?

For me that could be the "thanks and Goodbye" from Daniel......he ain't willing to wait another 5 years for a shot at the title.

Sex, Drugs and Sausage Rolls.
[+] 3 users Like pennywise's post

I dont think Renault would ever close the door personally they know RBR can deliver a match einning car plus it is all about the money. DR will probably want out and cant say i blame him but i hope that the emergence of LeClerc settles that Ferrari seat saying that Ferrari may offer a deal similar to that of Bottas at merc. DR has his wings clipped currently but what otger options are on the table really. Going back to RBR as much as i dislike the methods off track we really need them competetive on track to give the viewers entertainment
[+] 3 users Like LotusLover's post

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought one of the key goals with the proposed new PU regs for 2021 was to coax other manufacturers into the sport, which I where I personally thought the Aston Martin/RBR tie-up was headed.

But now I can't see that Honda would be open to playing happy families now, knowing that a divorce was only a year or two away. - Unless somewhere on the Honda/RBR/STR road-map, STR transforms into a Honda works team and RBR goes with Aston Martin (...or vice versa)

Purple Banana (a.k.a John or JB  Smile )
"The flowers of victory belong in many vases." - Michael Schumacher
[+] 2 users Like Purple-banana's post

(20-06-2018, 11:25 AM)Purple-banana Wrote:  I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought one of the key goals with the proposed new PU regs for 2021 was to coax other manufacturers into the sport, which I where I personally thought the Aston Martin/RBR tie-up was headed.

But now I can't see that Honda would be open to playing happy families now, knowing that a divorce was only a year or two away. - Unless somewhere on the Honda/RBR/STR road-map, STR transforms into a Honda works team and RBR goes with Aston Martin (...or vice versa)

Has anymore come of the Aston/Cosworth talks?....I remember Aston saying they couldnt/wouldnt be interested going it alone. IF Aston do make the leap I would imagine it would be linked with a tie up through possibly Ilmor (read Merc HPP)

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

It has me wondering just what the Aston Martin ties are to Red Bull. I know they have several things going on together outside of F1 and maybe its just that simple but I too thought it has to do with a future engine arrangement.

Personally I am hoping that now confirms Danny Ricciardo to Mercedes next season Smile Smile Smile Which in turn leads to Ferrari keeping Kimi for another year hows about that Forza!!!!
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

(20-06-2018, 04:39 PM)NeilP Wrote:  It has me wondering just what the Aston Martin ties are to Red Bull. I know they have several things going on together outside of F1 and maybe its just that simple but I too thought it has to do with a future engine arrangement.

Personally I am hoping that now confirms Danny Ricciardo to Mercedes next season Smile Smile Smile Which in turn leads to Ferrari keeping Kimi for another year  hows about that Forza!!!!

With Dani stalling signing at RB and Lewis stalling at Merc.....what are the chances of Dani in Lewis's seat and Lewis in Kimi's?

[+] 2 users Like pennywise's post

(20-06-2018, 06:36 PM)IanF69 Wrote:  what are the chances of Dani in Lewis's seat and Lewis in Kimi's?

You can F*ck right off with that suggestion Ian  Wink

(20-06-2018, 04:39 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Personally I am hoping that now confirms Danny Ricciardo to Mercedes next season Smile Smile Smile Which in turn leads to Ferrari keeping Kimi for another year  hows about that Forza!!!!

Hmmmm, much as I like Kimi he is just not consistent enough, we need someone to help Seb by taking the bigger points away from Lewis and Bottas (RBR also when they have a good day) I think Danny would look much better in Red Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(20-06-2018, 06:39 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(20-06-2018, 06:36 PM)IanF69 Wrote:  what are the chances of Dani in Lewis's seat and Lewis in Kimi's?

(20-06-2018, 04:39 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Personally I am hoping that now confirms Danny Ricciardo to Mercedes next season Smile Smile Smile Which in turn leads to Ferrari keeping Kimi for another year  hows about that Forza!!!!

Hmmmm, much as I like Kimi he is just not consistent enough, we need someone to help Seb by taking the bigger points away from Lewis and Bottas (RBR also when they have a good day) I think Danny would look much better in Red Wink

Now now ....it was just a suggestion....but one that grows reality with every passing day.....especially with the Bromance between Seb and Lewis back on.

[+] 3 users Like pennywise's post

(20-06-2018, 06:52 PM)IanF69 Wrote:  

Now now ....it was just a suggestion....but one that grows reality with every passing day.....especially with the Bromance between Seb and Lewis back on.

Noooooooooo, can you imagine the Sh*t I will receive on a daily basis if that where ever to happen Sad

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post