2018 French GP

(21-06-2018, 09:38 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  
(21-06-2018, 09:25 PM)NeilP Wrote:  If there's no new engine or contract this weekend then maybe we're looking at the Hamilton to Ferrari

OMG you mean many of us will have to move over to the Dark Side with Forza!!!!!!  Calamitous.

Haha, I know how much Forza is looking forward to having Lewis grace the red team, I mean he's in his dream team, such a closet fan Haha, last time I was a Ferrari fan was  89/90, I've seen the Dark Side, I left when Nigel did lol,   soz Forza.  Wink

You boys never miss an opportunity to twist the knife do you`s......love it, I expect nothing less haha Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Sky reporting both Mercs using the NEW spec pu this weekend

(22-06-2018, 11:10 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Sky reporting both Mercs using the NEW spec pu this weekend

Surprised the Fia didnt ask for changes to be made to the pit exit

Can see Vandoorne getting a bollocking for the Lewis incident...bloody dangerous

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

And Stroll on Kimi, both brain dead and both highly dangerous.

New engines in the Mercs confirmed, but Mercedes aren't letting on as to what the spec is. We'll know later on.

Mercedes 1 and 2 in FP1, but their car did not look happy out on track. Work still to do for them and Ferrari, whose car also looked a handful. Whose car looked great? I can't believe I'm saying this... Grosjean. Looked really good on track today, then probably Danny Ricciardo next. Both seem to be dialed into the circuit as did Gasly, a few others struggling, and as I suspected, that chicane in the Mistral Straight is Mickey Mouse, annoying and ruins the lap.

PS. Pierre Gasly set his time on well used Super Softs, which round here Pirelli were saying will be 8 tenths slower than the Ultra Softs, that's mightily impressive.
[+] 4 users Like Jody Barton's post

Loving the blue & red paint...…

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel

[Image: DgSuK23W0AInZhK.jpg]
Yay, tyre info back this event.

[Image: DgS795nW0AMKMRY.jpg]
If this doesn't scream spec 2, I don't know what does.

Teams seem to be running high downforce packages, Mistral chicane probably making their minds up on that one. Merc and Ferrari look capable of carrying massive speed through and out of the chicane.

You're right about that pit exit, its horrifying. They need a Monaco style arrow signage for exiting cars.

Couldn't be worse of McLaren could it, it's hard to believe what I'm hearing or seeing. Something massive, but not surprising is just round the corner.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Well, when you look at the speed trap information you can see Renault are in trouble. Not just the team, but their engines. How many weekends now have we seen the two Honda powered cars consistently above the majority of the Renault cars in the speed traps? Answer, quite a few. If this trend continues into the summer break, and they again out develop Renault then Red Bulls decision to go Honda won't seem crazy at all.
[+] 4 users Like Jody Barton's post

OK start of FP2 Mercedes looking good. Real good. More praise for Grosjean from me, perhaps because it's his home GP, but he's putting in some good laps, Gasly too is shining. I also think given the different lines we could see some actual racing this weekend.

Props to Leclerc also, great driving.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

(22-06-2018, 03:40 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Props to Leclerc also, great driving.

I thought he had a really scruffy P1. Could only have half an eye on it, but saw a couple of spins.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(22-06-2018, 11:48 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Mercedes 1 and 2 in FP1, but their car did not look happy out on track.

Just watched Hamilton's US P2 run and it looked pretty sweet to me. Little bit of oversteer here and there, but I think he quite likes that. Missed an apex or two but still comfortably fastest.

Is my telly on the blink or does that track surface have shiny glass bits in it? Very noticeable on the onboards.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post