2018 French GP

Yeah, Lewis' engine has done insane amounts. His engine has also had cooling problems in Bahrain, China and Montreal. It's clearly on its last legs, sure in an ideal world it'd be able to do FP1 and 2 at a few race weekends to help with mileage on PU2 and maybe even cycle it back in for Hungary, because, well, it's Hungary and the engine is taken for a leisurely Sunday drive there. However, having to run PU1 in Montreal is scuppering all of that. It's throwing the engine itinerary out the window, and tied Lewis' hands in particular.
[+] 4 users Like Jody Barton's post

Is this why Lewis hasn't confirmed his stay at Merc yet? : P

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post

(21-06-2018, 01:53 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Is this why Lewis hasn't confirmed his stay at Merc yet? : P

lol

I think his new contract will be confirmed this weekend, however, I have to say it is dragging out an awfully long time. If there's no new engine or contract this weekend then maybe we're looking at the Hamilton to Ferrari thing being revived. Both seem a tad odd if you ask me.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

(21-06-2018, 12:48 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Yeah, Lewis' engine has done insane amounts. His engine has also had cooling problems in Bahrain, China and Montreal. It's clearly on its last legs, sure in an ideal world it'd be able to do FP1 and 2 at a few race weekends to help with mileage on PU2 and maybe even cycle it back in for Hungary, because, well, it's Hungary and the engine is taken for a leisurely Sunday drive there. However, having to run PU1 in Montreal is scuppering all of that. It's throwing the engine itinerary out the window, and tied Lewis' hands in particular.

Watched a little bit of Spanish tv this afternoon where they where talking about the Merc engines, reportedly Bottas`s unit has done almost 200 km more than Lewis but sound analysis has Lewis engine up to 13 bhp less than his team mate

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Yeah, around Canada in qualifying laps Lewis' sound analysis had him down between 10 to 15 bhp according to many sites. He's having troubles with his engine. As early as Bahrain he was told to nurse it home and in Baku sound analysis was saying he was down nearly 10 bhp on Bottas. His PU isn't healthy for some reason. They need new engines this weekend I think, regardless of whether it is spec 1 or spec 2.

Yep, the rumours are mounting, this is serious:

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/1...gine-again

(21-06-2018, 05:35 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:   They need new engines this weekend I think, regardless of whether it is spec 1 or spec 2.

Merc`s saving grace is that their spec 1 pu is very good, Bottas managed to get within a tenth of Seb (Canada) even with a very worn pu while Seb had a new upgraded pu.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

Forza yep, the Merc spec 1 PU is a beast, but the worrying thing for them is if their spec 2 engine isn't working, it means that they've made the first development mis-step of the hybrd era as far as engines are concerned. That's a big deal and will set them back.

Who would of thought we would be having this conversation about Mercedes engines. It's fascinating.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

If there's no new engine or contract this weekend then maybe we're looking at the Hamilton to Ferrari

OMG you mean many of us will have to move over to the Dark Side with Forza!!!!!! Calamitous.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

(21-06-2018, 09:25 PM)NeilP Wrote:  If there's no new engine or contract this weekend then maybe we're looking at the Hamilton to Ferrari

OMG you mean many of us will have to move over to the Dark Side with Forza!!!!!! Calamitous.

Haha, I know how much Forza is looking forward to having Lewis grace the red team, I mean he's in his dream team, such a closet fan Haha, last time I was a Ferrari fan was 89/90, I've seen the Dark Side, I left when Nigel did lol, soz Forza. Wink

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post