2018 French GP

(26-06-2018, 07:57 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  
(26-06-2018, 07:34 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Have I accidentally signed into the Lewis Hamilton Fan Club by mistake? Wink

Nah Forza, I'm just starting to really appreciate the talent Lewis has. He still comes across as a bit of a twat, but he is undoubtedly a very, very talented driver. I'll ask you a question, right now, who would you rather have in the Ferrari, Seb or Lewis, and why?

Neither. Romain Groesjean is the obvious choice. He has said so himself, so it must be right.

When I look fast, I'm not smooth and I am going slowly. And when I look slow, I am smooth and going fast.
[+] 5 users Like The Professor's post

(26-06-2018, 08:33 PM)morini Wrote:  I think a lot of that is down to the negative media (the press are even worse than the TV pundits) and the fact that Hamilton gets a ton more flack on websites / forums than any other driver from what I can see (no doubt due to his overwhelming success generating bitterness and jealousy). It works both ways, I think you find a lot of the real "appreciators" (I use that word ahead of "fan") will fight his corner to balance the vitriol/bile that comes from the anti brigade. I'm not talking about the casual "Lewis disliker camp" either, I'm talking about the nutters who post the really bitter & twisted stuff. I don't see much of that type of negativity for any of the other drivers. Have you noticed how much better the Sky comments section is recently? That's because a lot of the anti-ham brigade won't post under a proper account. Wonder why that is?

We all have our likes & dislikes driver wise, but some of the stuff posted about Hamilton is just unpleasant and unecessary.

You all know I don't much like his public persona either (actually, I don't much care and just ignore it). But I've always liked to watch him drive and you could tell he was a bit special the moment he got into F1 - and before that if you were watching. I still maintain he's the best I've seen since I started watching F1 in the mid 70's. But it's just an opinion an as such worth nowt to anyone but me Wink

Without doubt Lewis gets a lot more flak than the rest of the drivers, is it all deserved?...most definitely not.....does he bring a lot of flak onto himself...hell yes, I dont have to go in to the why`s...self explanatory.

As for the "anti brigades", I can understand a lot of it but some just go out of their way to be as vicious and nasty as possible....says more about them than Lewis....the flip side is the raving loonies we all had to endure over on Sky who would almost try convincing the rest of us Lewis could walk on water.....both sides do the sport an injustice.

Again I have said Lewis is one of the best drivers of my generation also, I can appreciate what he does in a car without having to like him as a person, will I continue to take the piss as far as he is concerned on these forums? F*cking right I will Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(26-06-2018, 09:11 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  will I continue to take the piss as far as he is concerned on these forums? F*cking right I will Wink

I would be dissapointed in anything less Wink Long may it continue!
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

(26-06-2018, 08:30 PM)NeilP Wrote:  What is actually totally forgotten is that ALL of these guys even the Marcus Ericcsons of this world are great drivers. Just to get yourself into a F1 car even as a pay driver you have to be pretty darn special.

As a Hamilton fan myself I have to agree with you the die hard Lewis fans are way over the top and that makes the likes of Papa and myself want to keep our fanhood relatively quite. But that is what I like about this forum you guys have set up. Its informative, educational ( at least for me) a little bit of fun and next to no hatred.

Great job!

On your first point Neil yeah, they are all good drivers.....but....as this is the pinnacle of the sport do we want to see "good" drivers or the best? There are so many other drivers who could do better than the Marcus Ericsson`s of this world who are there mostly through financial reasons.

As for this forum, yes it is great to have a safe haven to chat about f1 (amongst many other things) without all the other nonsense

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(26-06-2018, 08:30 PM)NeilP Wrote:  But that is what I like about this forum you guys have set up. Its informative, educational ( at least for me) a little bit of fun and next to no hatred.

Great job!

+1 buddy, a fans forum.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

(26-06-2018, 09:04 PM)The Professor Wrote:  
(26-06-2018, 07:57 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  
(26-06-2018, 07:34 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Have I accidentally signed into the Lewis Hamilton Fan Club by mistake? Wink

Nah Forza, I'm just starting to really appreciate the talent Lewis has. He still comes across as a bit of a twat, but he is undoubtedly a very, very talented driver. I'll ask you a question, right now, who would you rather have in the Ferrari, Seb or Lewis, and why?

Neither. Romain Groesjean is the obvious choice. He has said so himself, so it must be right.
Ahaahaha ...quick someone take that Gin (women's drink) off him ...he's had enough

Sex, Drugs and Sausage Rolls.
[+] 4 users Like pennywise's post

The Professor you wash your mouth out with soap right now, you hear me!!!

Wink
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

(26-06-2018, 09:01 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  I get the whole annoying Lewis fan argument, they wind me up as well. But I wouldn't judge any sports personality by their fans... but hey, that's just me personally. 

Sorry Jody somehow missed this post earlier. I was just making an observation about a lot of Lewis fans (this is not my reason for disliking Lewis as a person) As for the Superstar thing, Lewis actively seeks this lifestyle hence the amount of social media he uses and self promotes unlike the majority of other drivers who seek a different lifestyle away from the public eye.

[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post