Force India takeover soon?

Least he has come out and said something, how did they get into this position I really don’t know but I hear their are potential buyers sounds like Manor all over again
[+] 1 user Likes LotusLover's post

(29-07-2018, 12:58 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  Least he has come out and said something, how did they get into this position I really don’t know but I hear their are potential buyers sounds like Manor all over again

haven't went through everything here, quite a bit to digest, but my latest understanding, is that Checo, with his backers stepped in due to Mallya's financial troubles, which as we all know has been going on for quite some time. And apparently, the Stroll contribution, will be for a Lance seat, but "Laurance" does not want to buy the team, he just wants to be an investor, "F1" i.e. liberty also had a hand, as it is in no-ones interest, much like at the front, to see them disappear

As others have said before. Starting from scratch is next to impossible - see Brundles, rant on it - As a big, big fan of the team - formerly Jordan - I remain optimistic Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 3 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

Liberty can't afford to lose them Fog. I heard (on here I think) that the Strolls were going to buy FI outright, but we'll all have to watch what transpires. In my opinion that would be a bad outcome.

A great overachieving team with great people, they have to survive!
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(29-07-2018, 10:09 PM)morini Wrote:  Liberty can't afford to lose them Fog. I heard (on here I think) that the Strolls were going to buy FI outright, but we'll all have to watch what transpires. In my opinion that would be a bad outcome.

A great overachieving team with great people, they have to survive!

Awesome Morini - great to see you appreciate at last, what Eddie Jordan Built - ahh - hahaha - I knew you'd come round eventually Smile

hahaha Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 2 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

(29-07-2018, 10:15 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  Awesome Morini - great to see you appreciate at last, what Eddie Jordan Built - ahh - hahaha - I knew you'd come round eventually Smile

hahaha Smile

Don't get too excited Fog! It's a long time since Eddie had any influence in the team (thuogh if you listen to him on the telly you'd swear he was team principle).

What's the odds the grey haired old tosspot buys it back? He can afford it after all Wink That would be interesting!
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(29-07-2018, 10:22 PM)morini Wrote:  
(29-07-2018, 10:15 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  Awesome Morini - great to see you appreciate at last, what Eddie Jordan Built - ahh - hahaha - I knew you'd come round eventually Smile

hahaha Smile

Don't get too excited Fog! It's a long time since Eddie had any influence in the team (thuogh if you listen to him on the telly you'd swear he was team principle).

What's the odds the grey haired old tosspot buys it back? He can afford it after all Wink That would be interesting!

Hey, Brawn allegedly bought Honda for £1 - so who knows - haha - isn't another Jordan "hand me down" James Key, now a big player, lol Smile

[+] 3 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

It was very sad to hear about Force India's woes... apparently Perez's missing wages aren't even a drop in the ocean. Don't know how true it is but apparently they still owe Mercedes for both of Perez's engines, and still owe Mercedes money from last year. It all sounds a bit grim if you ask me. Mercedes therefore are the biggest debtor, and could probably strike a deal to take them over.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

The efforts of Force India administrator FRP Advisory to sell the Silverstone outfit in the coming days could be compromised by opposition from three rival Formula 1 teams.
Under the terms of the Concorde Agreement, a team emerging from administration is regarded as a new entity and can only retain the commercial rights accrued by the original team if all other teams agree.
It’s a similar process to that undertaken when a team asks to receive its F1 prize fund payments in advance.
After a meeting in Budapest last weekend, McLaren, Renault and Williams all decided not to sign an agreement, at least for the time being, despite some urgent canvassing from F1 CEO Chase Carey on Force India’s behalf.

All three are keen to make a point to Liberty and the wider F1 world about the increasing power within the sport of the team alliances centred around Mercedes and Ferrari.
There’s a shared concern that Force India is being lined up by Mercedes boss Toto Wolff to become a pukka B-team, and that will only increase the power base of the sport’s two major manufacturers.
Although Williams is aligned with Mercedes as a customer, the Grove team has always insisted that teams should be independent constructors.
If Force India is not guaranteed to receive the income it was originally due – and which has been boosted by it finishing in fourth place in the constructors’ championship over the past two seasons – the team’s value to potential purchasers will clearly be much lower.

That uncertainty could derail hopes to have a deal in place before the next race in Spa.
Should a sale go ahead, the next hurdle will be an application for a team name change for 2019. However, that will only need a majority of the teams to agree.

The last major F1 team sale, that of Sauber, went through painlessly and with no involvement from rivals because it remained the same entity and the name didn’t change.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Ah Forza... the mad house that is F1. They don't even realise (Williams, Renault, McLaren) how bad this will look.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

(31-07-2018, 02:48 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Ah Forza... the mad house that is F1. They don't even realise (Williams, Renault, McLaren) how bad this will look.

Yeah Jody, completely ridiculous  Angry

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post