2018 Canadian GP

Perhaps we are lucky enough to learn what the quality issue is. Reported from AMuS.

"Mercedes drives with the old engines . On Tuesday, when assembling the crankcase, checks on one component revealed a deviation of 0.02 millimeters from the required value . Then it was decided to drive another race with the Spec-1 engine. While Lewis Hamilton fears that he can not fight for victory with Ferrari and Red Bull with their engine upgrades, Valtteri Bottas sees it positively: "Our old engine is not a bad engine ." Mercedes expects a PS increase from the new specification in the single-digit range."

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(08-06-2018, 12:13 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Perhaps we are lucky enough to learn what the quality issue is. Reported from AMuS.

"Mercedes drives with the old engines . On Tuesday, when assembling the crankcase, checks on one component revealed a deviation of 0.02 millimeters from the required value . Then it was decided to drive another race with the Spec-1 engine. While Lewis Hamilton fears that he can not fight for victory with Ferrari and Red Bull with their engine upgrades, Valtteri Bottas sees it positively: "Our old engine is not a bad engine ." Mercedes expects a PS increase from the new specification in the single-digit range."

I believe the issue was only found through extensive dyno testing after the units had already been shipped to Canada???

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

You can buy what you like Morini it was Andy Shovlin last year who said after five races the PU's were down roughly 100bhp, I'll take one of Mercedes race engineers words for it. Especially as Mattia Binotto was saying it was OK running the old engines around Monaco last race out, despite having lost between 80 to 100 bhp per unit. So yeah, I think the Mercedes unit will be down a lot of grunt this weekend. On the plus side the Merc chassis is perfect for Montreal.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

[Image: DfLgjBSXcAIYawG.jpg]
F1 lazy graphic, all that space and no tyre info, no speedtraps. Whats the point, times don't mean budcus without tyre info. 

[Image: DfLgLH3UcAA-Zm8.jpg]

[Image: DfLVdsMXUAE-1ox.jpg]
Laziness continues, only top 10 speedtrap figures.

Early days, but I like what Im seeing from McLaren. I hope it is advancements on the chassis side and the ngine gains are yet to come.

We arent going to know anything till race sims and more insightfully FP3. Maybe this is Ferraris to loose, they are close in FP1. In Baku for example, they were outside the top 10 in FP1. Still the Spanish GP shift lingers however.

[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

I am losing all respect for LM. The graphics are crap, and the top speed through the speed trap as according to Sky and Horner etc. are saying Hartley's Toro Rosso Washington quickest through the speed traps, and whereas everyone else was on the Hypersofts, the Merc boys were on the Ultras.

I missed so much of FP1, because either the paedophile TV director was showing kids in thew crowd or I was raging on social media about the sports dire presentation.

[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post

(08-06-2018, 05:23 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  I missed so much of FP1, because either the paedophile TV director was showing kids in thew crowd or I was raging on social media about the sports dire presentation.

In total I would say I watched 5 mins of it over 2 stints....managed to see the 2 Williams doughnuts clip the wall and reverse the rear wing into the barriers Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Does anyone know whether team have their new PU's fitted for Free Practicea? or are they all running old ones?

Ferrari, Renault, McLaren, Toro Rosso and Sauber all ran new units, and we're shacking them out. RBR, were keeping schtum on whether or not they were running the new ICE. I bet they were though. They did a lot of installation laps and pit drive by's which is normally a dead give away there's a new donkey in the back. I'm not sure Haas are taking new units here, but if they are they didn't say they were running the new units yet.

PS Hesh couldn't agree more with regards the coverage and director.

PPS Forza, remember that's living up to expectations according to Claire Williams.

Apparently only Seb is running the up graded Ferrari engine this weekend for the Scuderia.

(08-06-2018, 05:29 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  managed to see the 2 Williams doughnuts clip the wall and reverse the rear wing into the barriers Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv3JhtT2hkk

nuff said Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 2 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post