2018 Canadian GP

Mercedes will introduce their second power unit of the season at the Canadian GP and hope for more performance, according to Toto Wolff.

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/1...ada-engine

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Renault engine upgrade is worth 0.1s, I've read (only from one source). So not enough to close the gap to Merc and Fer as it is, let alone what their new engines will bring.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(05-06-2018, 05:23 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Renault engine upgrade is worth 0.1s, I've read (only from one source). So not enough to close the gap to Merc and Fer as it is, let alone what their new engines will bring.

Thanks Monster, way to go pissing all over the optimism tree. . . . . in other news, I read recently that Lewis was given all of Fernando's, allotted amount of good luck in life. . . . . shame he doesn't smile more, hahaha Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 3 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

(05-06-2018, 05:23 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Renault engine upgrade is worth 0.1s, I've read (only from one source). So not enough to close the gap to Merc and Fer as it is, let alone what their new engines will bring.

Think the statement came from Adrian Newey.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(05-06-2018, 01:47 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Mercedes will introduce their second power unit of the season at the Canadian GP and hope for more performance, according to Toto Wolff.

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/1...ada-engine

No surprise though. Everyone knew they would bring it here.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Morning all, i think Mercedes may look imperious here on Sunday. RB wont be in contention for me this weekend and looking for a surprise from Renault this weekend
[+] 3 users Like LotusLover's post

(31-05-2018, 11:01 AM)PapaofGags Wrote:  "Red Bull might not get upgraded engine in Canada...."

Middle finger to Red Bull? after all the "nice things" Horner & Marko have said about Renault it wouldn't surprise me if Renault accidently threw a spanner in Red bull's decision over Renault or Honda as their engine supplier, from what I have read I'm not convinced Renault even want to continue with Red Bull, personally I wouldn't blame them.

Neither am I. If I were Cyril I would tell them to take their Tag Heuer and stick it on a Honda!

(05-06-2018, 10:46 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(05-06-2018, 10:34 AM)PapaofGags Wrote:  https://www.planetf1.com/news/history-aw...-montreal/

"Lewis Hamilton can make history this weekend as he fights for his seventh Canadian GP victory, and the honour of being only the second driver to claim more than six wins at a single event.
Michael Schumacher did it in Canada with seven victories and even went one better in France. This weekend Hamilton stands a chance – and a good one at that – of writing his name up there with the legend’s"

Unfortunately for me there is a very strong chance for `history` this weekend.....I get the (sickening) feeling Lewis will have one of his outstanding weekends and put the rest to shame  Angry
It would help matters no end if Ferrari get their tactics right, last year was a mess. I think if they do well tactically they can push Mercedes.  I am sure Ferrari too will be bringing upgrades and who can forget that start Vettel had a few years back.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

I think the added detection zone is ironically to get cars within the detection zone for the back straight DRS zone, in years past drivers have been able to pull out the 1 second plus gap by turns 8 and 9 so maybe it'll help. Still wouldn't bet against Lewis round this track.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

(05-06-2018, 05:57 PM)morini Wrote:  
(05-06-2018, 05:23 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Renault engine upgrade is worth 0.1s, I've read (only from one source). So not enough to close the gap to Merc and Fer as it is, let alone what their new engines will bring.

Think the statement came from Adrian Newey.

It absolutely did come from Adrian Newey.

I would not write off Verstappen in Montreal. Not saying he will win but he seems to like the circuit although it has been cruel to him too. I would not sleep on Bottas either he does well here, I think he was third in a Williams a few years back (wonder when we will be saying that anytime in the future).

My surprise package for the weekend will be the Force India guys.

That said I am sure the money is on Hamilton and I feel he is the one to beat but he is beatable.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

"Due to a quality issue, Mercedes cars will not be running new PU's" Postponed till French GP.

7 races on one engine, don't think many are surprised, engine still leagues ahead.

I really can't speculate going into this weekend. Too many unknowns, and range of upgrades up and down the grid.

The circuit is looking like a patch quilt. Several zones resurfaced a month ago, countless cracks and holes filled with resin and painted over.

Weather looking consistently warm at around 23C through out weekend, partly cloudy all days.

Clouds might be a god send, as it keeps the sun off the tarmac, so maybe keep the oils at bay in the resurfaces. Perhaps there will be a contrast throughout the lap due to the patch work, could cause some headaches for the engineers and tyres temps.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 4 users Like Monster Hesh's post