2018 Canadian GP

Not much to say....enjoyed the result....the race not so much Sad

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

(10-06-2018, 09:01 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Verstappen easily better Ricciardo and Bottas was way ahead of Hamilton. Very strange indeed.

Dunno about that, when you are tucked up and can't get past the you can't show your pace.

(10-06-2018, 09:01 PM)NeilP Wrote:  Boring race in truth,  I thought Ferrari would run away with it good bounce back by Verstappen and a pretty poor weekend for my beloved Mercedes team. I am going to put that down to lack of the new engine  (maybe clutching at straws!)

Season is now very, very tight. Mercedes also know they have the seocnd best car this year. Will be close now right until the endo of season (which we all want). I would rather see some races where the top drivers overtake each other (yes I know DR did it in china but he had a massive tyre advantage there).
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(10-06-2018, 09:30 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Not much to say....enjoyed the result....the race not so much Sad

Thought the result would suit you Wink

I expected a lot more from this race though. Does not bode well for upcoming races Forz.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Totally agree what a borefest. They are managing there cars its just wrong screw Hybrid and all these arse regs its ruined racing as has aero. Raikkonen i love you but for tuw sake of the sport Ferrari give his seat to Le Clerc as he is clearly a special talent. What was with the coverage today it was a shambles i was hoping to see what was developing with Vettel/Bottas/Verstappen . the gap between top 3 teams and the rest are shocking. Works team being lapped by its customer wow nd Mclaren well they are a shambles its not looking a bright future. Take it back to basics ffs. I know ppl say they love the technology but when it detracts from actual racing well thats just not right is it
[+] 4 users Like LotusLover's post

(10-06-2018, 09:34 PM)morini Wrote:  Thought the result would suit you Wink

I expected a lot more from this race though. Does not bode well for upcoming races Forz.

Yeah M was surprised by this race, was expecting so much more from it. Expecting a swing back towards Merc next couple of races (worried about Paul Ricard....will/have Ferrari got on top of the 0.4 tyre issue?)

(10-06-2018, 09:35 PM)LotusLover Wrote:   I know ppl say they love the technology but when it detracts from actual racing well thats just not right is it

I am in two minds about this Lotus....on one hand I love the tech associated with f1.....its what makes f1 special, on the other I think its more the tech associated with the aero end of it thats the problem .....one way or another we need f1 fixed, someway,somehow, we fans are being robbed of good money to watch the likes of what we watched today......a borefest!

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Exactly i am in the same boat be the best engines the fastest cars but not at the cost of wheel to wheel racing and management of engines thats not racing thats longevity

http://www.skysports.com/share/11401109

A bit unsporting and salty there Lewis? I think its little things like this that.make me prefer Seb at least he is gracious whereas sometimes Lewis sounds or acts petty. I suppose greatness comes with its flaws
[+] 5 users Like LotusLover's post

(10-06-2018, 10:18 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  
A bit unsporting and salty there Lewis? I think its little things like this that.make me prefer Seb at least he is gracious whereas sometimes Lewis sounds or acts petty. I suppose greatness comes with its flaws

Loves to have a little dig does the princess Wink

[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(10-06-2018, 09:10 PM)morini Wrote:  
(10-06-2018, 09:01 PM)NeilP Wrote:  
(10-06-2018, 08:47 PM)morini Wrote:  Al over. So well done Vettel, a great drive.

So, explain this to me - why was DR so slow through the middle of the race and then puts in a fastest lap to deny Vettel the Grand Chelem for this one? DR was just *slow* in the middle part of the race.

If the top cars can't overtake at this circuit the we're fucked. Sorry chaps.

Actually the thing that leaps out at me is the gap between the drivers in the same team. Vettel  and Raikonnen were eons apart, Verstappen easily better Ricciardo and Bottas was way ahead of Hamilton. Very strange indeed.

Boring race in truth,  I thought Ferrari would run away with it good bounce back by Verstappen and a pretty poor weekend for my beloved Mercedes team. I am going to put that down to lack of the new engine  (maybe clutching at straws!)

Dunno about that Neil. Hamilton looked to have a very, very poor weekend at a circuit that suits him. But the fact is, once you are behind in this era it is very difficult to get close enough to put a move on the car in front. DR was looking like he was so, so slow, then pulls out the fastest lap when getting a bit of pressure. What is that tall about? Why aren't they using that pace earlier to try to win the race?

It's like snooker, they are thinking 6 shots (races) ahead! Not sure I like it. I would rather see them all go balls out for the win.
Well, we know Hamilton had cooling problems so he was probably trying to baby the car home. Ricciardos car too had a lot of issues so maybe the same applied there who truly knows. To me this race whilst boring really tells the story of the season so far.

Ferrari clearly the better car. Vettel clearly the best driver. Raikkonen, I am sorry Kimi its time to quit.

Mercedes, Hamilton pushing hard but making too many mistakes in qualifying as a result of trying to catch up Ferrari. Bottas getting better but always a number two driver. Sure he beat Hamilton this weekend but I think there are circumstances that explain that not just Hamiltons screw up in qualifying.

Red Bull, chasing hard and getting better as the season progresses, Verstappen drove a really good race today. Ricciardo I think the car was his issue today but in general Red Bull starting to push hard but in all honesty they will finish 3rd.

Force India, I expected them to go well today. To me further proof the Mercedes upgrade cost both the team and its customers to lose ground today. Big fight to be the best of the rest the next 3 races may well determine if they keep up with a poor Renault team. You have to wonder what effects the take over rumours are having behind the scenes

Renault for sure a decent result until you realize your customer team beat you so badly. They have a million miles to go to be chasing a Constructors title down and Cyril Abiteboul may well be looking in mirror and over his shoulder.come the end of the season.

McLaren. Well last year they were saying their chassis was among the best and it was the engine holding them back. It seems that was overstated for certain. At the risk of being accused of being a Christian Horner hater (Go ahead I really dont care) I would love to pose this question to him "Christian you are outspoken at saying how engine performance is holding back your team can you please explain how with the same engine you can lap your engine supplier and kick the ass of one of the most famous teams of all time please.  Are they that bad or do you have that much superiority and should you not level the playing field for them in the interests of racing (last comment tongue in cheek)" Talk about Chassis domination, I take my hat off to Adrian Newey and co. 

Toro Rosso Gasly is up and down and inconsistent. Hartley is proving he does not belong that is simply the brutal truth of F1

Hass. Grossjeans last season in F1 he was unlucky this weekend but his time is up methinks. They are where I personally expected them to be. Magnussen has  had a okay year maybe its time they found a young American driver to boost USA Interest (Maybe Liberty Media will pay for him LOL)

Sauber. A much better year and much improvement. Leclerc is proving what a talent he is surely he will be driving a Ferrari next season I guess that all depends on Danny Ricciardo next team.

Williams. I really dont have much to say I am disappointed beyond belief. I think Mercedes II or their time could be up. I think the whole team at the top needs a complete shake down.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

Naturally, I enjoyed the result (Although I can't imagine it's done my dream team any good), but another damp squib of a race.

Question: Did Raikkonen run the new Ferrari PU? Or has his Spanish GP failure put him out of sync with Seb? Either way, a poor showing from him. I like him as a personality, but he is well overdue retirement now, and I was somewhat surprised and disappointed that MB mentioned in commentary he seems to think Kimi will still be racing next year! It's getting to the point now where he isn't racing as much as hogging a competitive seat.

More moaning and snippy radio calls from Lewis during the race and some poor choices of comments made since. (Did he not learn his lesson after "wiping the smile off Seb's face" in Aussie qualifying?) It just goes to show that when he is out front in clean air he is untouchable, but when he has to get his hands dirty it's another story. How much of that was due to a performance deficit and how much was Lewis having a trademark bad weekend? We'll never know. What we do know is he was comprehensively shown up by Bottas this weekend, and supposedly at one of Lewis' strongest tracks.

I feel sorry for Hartley, not only did he get punished for having a go at making a pass at an unconventional location (for that he should be applauded), but he was then stuck with Lance Stroll for 20 mins while transport back to the paddock was sorted. Poor lad.

Winners:
- Vettel making the most of the opportunity to claw back the championship deficit
- Red Bull scoring some good points and avoiding penalties on Daniel's car

Losers:
- Sky, Crofty broadcasting to the world that he used to be a bully at school
- Sky, Brundle spending most of the race explaining that they have to cater for a wide audience and translating 'marbles' for american viewers
- Liberty Media for super-imposing CGI Heinekken stars all around the track
- Liberty Media for the epic own-goal of taking models away from doing a job they were good at - grid girls, and giving them a job they definitely aren't good at - waving a flag.

Purple Banana (a.k.a John or JB  Smile )
"The flowers of victory belong in many vases." - Michael Schumacher
[+] 2 users Like Purple-banana's post

Lotua as far as Im aware only Seb had the upgraded pu but regardless Kimi had one of his `cant be arsed Im getting paid anyway races`

Chequered flag....can you imagine the sh*t storm had Lewis passed Danny on the final lap only for the place to be taken away due to a mistimed flag??? (only using Lewis example as he is fighting for championship)

[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post