2018 Canadian GP

(10-06-2018, 03:44 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Ripped from elsewhere, some are saying phonometric data is a bit worthless with these complex engines but a nice bit of info, that coule be ball park

"https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/anali ... a/3119544/

Phonometric measurement: Bottas had 12 hp more than Hamilton, Vettel very near to Hamilton but still a little less, Renault engine missing 27 hp to Bottas. Honda to Bottas 50 and more hp.

Don't know how much is it realiable, but still worth mentioning"

[Image: DfVXDiiW0AE9d0h.jpg]

So according to Pirelli, RedBull geared marginally for the quickest strat. If RedBull do push the aggression they have in hand, it could turn into a two stop. Gap to midfield around lap 10 will be good indication for pitstop window. SC might be a certain which could continue its controversial trend we've seen so far this season.

Can we assume RBs strat is based on the assumption they can get past those in front?? What if they get stuck surely they will have to change strat
[+] 1 user Likes LotusLover's post

No rain this year then? Shame, a bit of the wet stuff would spice this up nicely.

27 passes last year in all, that is utterly shambolic

Least it was 2 sh1t drivers out lol
[+] 2 users Like LotusLover's post

Well, 7 laps to go here and I'm very disappointed. Not just with the result, but by the fact that there were *zero* proper overtakes from the top 6. The only change in position was a pit stop overcut. And on a track with 3 DRS zones!!

Vettel drove (driving) a superb race, but it turned out to be so processional. I was expecting more today. Bottas, you are still in it my friend.

Still, it makes of for an exciting season, just wish we could have some more on track racing with the fastest cars.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Al over. So well done Vettel, a great drive.

So, explain this to me - why was DR so slow through the middle of the race and then puts in a fastest lap to deny Vettel the Grand Chelem for this one? DR was just *slow* in the middle part of the race.

If the top cars can't overtake at this circuit the we're fucked. Sorry chaps.

(10-06-2018, 08:47 PM)morini Wrote:  Al over. So well done Vettel, a great drive.

So, explain this to me - why was DR so slow through the middle of the race and then puts in a fastest lap to deny Vettel the Grand Chelem for this one? DR was just *slow* in the middle part of the race.

Actually the thing that leaps out at me is the gap between the drivers in the same team. Vettel  and Raikonnen were eons apart, Verstappen easily better Ricciardo and Bottas was way ahead of Hamilton. Very strange indeed.

Boring race in truth,  I thought Ferrari would run away with it good bounce back by Verstappen and a pretty poor weekend for my beloved Mercedes team. I am going to put that down to lack of the new engine  (maybe clutching at straws!)
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

(10-06-2018, 08:47 PM)morini Wrote:  Al over. So well done Vettel, a great drive.

Think they are all busy with strategy, managing their tyres.
I'm pretty sure they can overtake on this circuit (a circuit I normally love).
Even Verstappen was, after the first corner, a dull racer.

Screw that if you ask me. Make the changes so we go back to two or maybe three pitstops. That will make them fight again.
[+] 4 users Like Antilochos's post

(10-06-2018, 09:01 PM)NeilP Wrote:  

Actually the thing that leaps out at me is the gap between the drivers in the same team. Vettel  and Raikonnen were eons apart, Verstappen easily better Ricciardo and Bottas was way ahead of Hamilton. Very strange indeed.

Boring race in truth,  I thought Ferrari would run away with it good bounce back by Verstappen and a pretty poor weekend for my beloved Mercedes team. I am going to put that down to lack of the new engine  (maybe clutching at straws!)

Dunno about that Neil. Hamilton looked to have a very, very poor weekend at a circuit that suits him. But the fact is, once you are behind in this era it is very difficult to get close enough to put a move on the car in front. DR was looking like he was so, so slow, then pulls out the fastest lap when getting a bit of pressure. What is that tall about? Why aren't they using that pace earlier to try to win the race?

It's like snooker, they are thinking 6 shots (races) ahead! Not sure I like it. I would rather see them all go balls out for the win.

(10-06-2018, 09:02 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  Screw that if you ask me. Make the changes so we go back to two or maybe three pitstops. That will make them fight again.

It's not like F1 back in the 70's anti. That is for sure. Respect to Vettel for a well managed win (he drove perfectly), but I was expecting some proper racing today. Didn't happen. Disappointing.

Neil called it earlier, he said it would be a dull race. <you were right fella>

More pitstops would help, but I want to see some on track action.

(10-06-2018, 09:14 PM)morini Wrote:  
(10-06-2018, 09:02 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  Screw that if you ask me. Make the changes so we go back to two or maybe three pitstops. That will make them fight again.

It's not like F1 back in the 70's anti. That is for sure. Respect to Vettel for a well managed win (he drove perfectly), but I was expecting some proper racing today. Didn't happen. Disappointing.

Neil called it earlier, he said it would be a dull race. <you were right fella>

More pitstops would help, but I want to see some on track action.

More pitstops will bring track action.

Now it is worth it to manage tyres and gamble on one stop (or keep that threath there).
When this is out of the window, they will not care about tyre management and nothing will hold them back to fight on track. 

Because that was all it was today, the top six managing their tyres (they all could go faster, as they showed now and then).
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post