2018 Canadian GP

(09-06-2018, 08:28 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Poor Lewis doesnt look too happy....you would think someone had taken a sh*t in his toilet Wink

Haha, he screwed his lap, not a happy boy, still, hopefully wind him up for tomorrow, how wide will Sebastian's eyes be when he see's a blue car behind him lol. Wink

(09-06-2018, 08:23 PM)morini Wrote:  Going to be a fun race I reckon Paps.

Hoping so, Lewis in pissed, so hoping it sparks some fire in his belly, enjoy the rugby buddy.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(09-06-2018, 08:35 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Haha, he screwed his lap, not a happy boy,  still, hopefully wind him up for tomorrow, how wide will Sebastian's eyes be when he see's a blue car behind him lol.  Wink

I would imagine just like those mad b@stards in the Pamplona bull run with a couple of tonne of prime beef chasing him down Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

I have genuine anticipation for an exciting race. Not often I've thought that this year.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(09-06-2018, 08:35 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  enjoy the rugby buddy.

Not a top quality game, but we're doing ok first half!

Ireland break their massive winning streak as well. Is the tide about to turn Smile (don't wan't to upset our Irish contingent). Heheh.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(09-06-2018, 08:01 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Get in there Max!!!!!!

Major disappointed as a Hamilton fan, but I had a good feeling about Verstappen. I dont think the race will as exciting as some think. The Ferrari car will just walk away. It will be interesting first few laps to see if Verstappen can get by Vettel but even if he does I think the long run pace of the Ferrari will be telling.  Strategy will be interesting but I do not see any of the contenders by choice doing anything other than a one stop.  If Hamilton screwed up his qualifying tyre enough he MAY consider going two stop but I do not think the Mercedes and those Hypersofts get along very well.

Maybe its because I am a Mercedes fan but it seems to me everyone keeps on going on and on about how good the Mercedes are but to me at the least the reality is the Ferrari is simply a better all around car. I see this fight going down to the wire.

The speed trap measurements were interesting Honda right up there, I realise its not just engine function and a lot of the cars were probably running low down force but that is enough for me to decide in my own mind at least Red Bull will be running a Honda engine in both Toro Rosso and the Red Bull team next season.  Happy to see Hartley have a good qualifying too.

Finally I would take a podium finish for Hamilton right now I think he is in for a tough race tomorrow.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

I lnow this is a cheap dig but what happened to the messiah sky are calling Ricc? Although in fairness he does have a very good chance to improve throughout Sunday. I still standby the logic he lacks consistency and gives himself work to do, I have VB in my Fantasy team so hoping he can produce a strong race which i think he will i will predict a win or 2nd for VB. This has the potential to ve a much closer race than we have had. My fingers are crossed

Romain Grosjean interview was very optimistic he has having his bad luck for next year the year after and maybe 2021!!!! He would be extremly lucky to get a seat next year
[+] 3 users Like LotusLover's post

[Image: DfRZTf2WkAAJWLH.jpg]
Think....I think I've reached my limit.....No fucking tyre info at all now. I don't get it, I really don't.

[Image: DfR4BTaU0AA6VIb.jpg]
First time this season Vettel left some time on the table with his Q3 run. 
Only RIC and VAN, put their best sectors together.

[Image: DfUQjWSWAAAekk6.jpg]

That was a brilliant qualifying session. When multiple drivers are stealing fastest sectors that is how qually should be. I couldn't predict it and that's the way it should be.

Plus the different start tyres. Fascinating, because RedBull nurse their HS so well. They could force Merc and Fer into an aggressive race. Hoping Ferrari have their strategy hats on today and make much better choices than previous races, to keep this race close and not gift it to someone else.

Never known Sky commentators loose the plot so much in a Q2 session. Were they told to stir the pot by saying, "has there been a strategy change, have x forced y onto a different start tyre"? Of course there fucking wasn't, every Q2 second run the top teams head out on the quickest tyre, they have done that since the start of last year.

Back to the woeful McLaren Saturday, I certainly became over optimistic after P3. I'm sure they'll find their way to the points again. 

Renault performing great at this power track, Hulk been comfortable over Sainz all year. It goes to show how amazing that RedBull chassis is, however.

Leclerc, damn, annihilated Ericsson. https://twitter.com/F1/status/1005769859181920258 Although I guess that didnt help, but been ahead all weekend, again. As Sauber is becoming more Ferrari, Ericsson's times is up.

Canada driver eye view, from FP1 HAAS install lap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y243oh2Ryw

Halo central pillar looks a little worse on this circuit, your brain isnt going to block that out.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferra...a-1045247/

"Ferrari's return to form at the Canadian Grand Prix, with Sebastian Vettel grabbing pole position, has come on the back of the team introducing some significant updates to its car in Montreal.
Armed with a new floor and bargeboards, Ferrari has also made a number of track specific modifications to its existing package as it looks to maximise aerodynamic efficiency."

A good read I thought.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Ripped from elsewhere, some are saying phonometric data is a bit worthless with these complex engines but a nice bit of info, that coule be ball park

"https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/anali ... a/3119544/

Phonometric measurement: Bottas had 12 hp more than Hamilton, Vettel very near to Hamilton but still a little less, Renault engine missing 27 hp to Bottas. Honda to Bottas 50 and more hp.

Don't know how much is it realiable, but still worth mentioning"

[Image: DfVXDiiW0AE9d0h.jpg]

So according to Pirelli, RedBull geared marginally for the quickest strat. If RedBull do push the aggression they have in hand, it could turn into a two stop. Gap to midfield around lap 10 will be good indication for pitstop window. SC might be a certain which could continue its controversial trend we've seen so far this season.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 4 users Like Monster Hesh's post