Indy 500 (But F1 related)

(10-11-2018, 09:44 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Not massively surprised by the McLaren decision to enter the Indy 500 again with Alonso. I hope he wins it.

Personally, I really couldn't give a flying fuck. And I mean that in the nicest way (if it makes Alonso feel better then that's great, but whatever). What made me really sad today on the Sky pre quali coverage was Zak Brown saying (I'm paraphrasing a little bit) "McLaren are a shit Formula 1 team so we are going to try and win any / all other motor racing catagories".

Get. A. Grip. You useless American fuckwit. Bring back Ron, get McLaren back to what they always were. Please!

Not sure this is a good idea Wink

McLaren boss Zak Brown says a "whole separate team" will be created to run the company's Indy 500 entry with Fernando Alonso in 2019.
In 2017 Alonso contested the race as an Andretti Autosport entry, and while that had obvious McLaren marketing support, the only direct technical connection with Woking was the presence of Formula 1 team veteran Neil Oatley in an observer capacity.

https://www.motorsport.com/indycar/news/...o/3211943/

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(11-11-2018, 12:47 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Not sure this is a good idea Wink

No it bloody well is not, lol
For the sake of every McLaren fan, they better win it.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

I agree with Morini (shocker I know!) Mclaren should be focusing purely on F1 and getting back to winning ways ffs not pissing around in the US

McLaren are a million miles away from winning in F1, I still think they need to change the management at the top, I'd assumed McLaren running in the Indy 500 would be using another team as support, like they did with Andretti racing last time out. Nothing wrong with what they did last time, and it generated a tidy revenue for them, and secured some interest in their brand from sponsors, one of which might actually be a title sponsor next year if rumours are true (Coke), but actually spending the money to do the entry themselves? WTF are they thinking? Now I absolutely 100% do not support it.