Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suzuka 2018
But it stayed dry throughut. We've wandered around a bit and have decided to settle at the hairpin for P2. An hour to go but it's dry, some blue patches appearing. Warm too, sun trying to break out.

[edit] (well after the days events) Incidentally, the hairpin isn't a bad place to watch a practice session, the cars are very close to the crowd on the exit and you can also get a good feel of who's good on the brakes / whose good on traction. Good spot to park on a a Friday, but I'm not sure I'd want Sat / Sun tickets there to be honest. This was as far west as we went today, I wanted to walk up to spoon but Mrs M was unhappy with the elevation changes to get from the S-Curves to the hairpin (be aware, there are steep hills and big flights of steps at Suzuka). If it wasn't for all the beer I'm drinking I think I might even lose some weight Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like morini's post:
  • Monster Hesh, PapaofGags
Is it too early to say Merc are back to where we began they look too dominant yawn!

Thank god we have Moto Go to keep us entertained all is not lost
[-] The following 1 user Likes LotusLover's post:
  • forzaferrari
So, no rain through either session. Not what we expected.
A few panos of some spots we were at today.

[-] The following 8 users Like morini's post:
  • forzaferrari, Purple-banana, Gojira, NeilP, , Monster Hesh, PapaofGags, Foghorn Leghorn
I'm not the sort of person who would ever wear "merchandising" stuff, I think it is taking the piss to charge people 100's of quid to advertise for big corporations. However, I do like to have little mementos to look back on great life experiences. So, rather than buy Lewis caps and advertise a boring german car brand we decided to get these instead. Heh

[-] The following 5 users Like morini's post:
  • forzaferrari, NeilP, , Monster Hesh, PapaofGags
Classy, like it Morini! You should get yourself the rear wing with operating DRS hats. Might rewatch FP sessions, see if I can see the banter banner : P

Hope qually is intense and a good show for you!
I'm English, as such, I crave disappointment. That's why I support McLaren.
[-] The following 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post:
  • forzaferrari, PapaofGags
Did you have the banner out Morini??
[-] The following 1 user Likes LotusLover's post:
  • PapaofGags
No F1B banner chaps. Too lazy, you should all know that by now Wink
[-] The following 2 users Like morini's post:
  • forzaferrari, PapaofGags
Great weekend. That is all.
[-] The following 6 users Like morini's post:
  • , Gojira, PapaofGags, Monster Hesh, Foghorn Leghorn, forzaferrari