2018 Monaco GP

I`m saying nothing Wink

Force India has denied that Esteban Ocon was asked to let Lewis Hamilton by during the Monaco Grand Prix as a favour to Mercedes, after rival teams complained to the FIA.
Hamilton dropped behind Ocon after his early pit stop in Monaco, and when he caught up the Frenchman offered no resistance, the Force India driver letting him past coming out of the tunnel and heading into the chicane.
After the race Mercedes boss Toto Wolff reportedly suggested to a Belgian newspaper that he’d asked Force India for Ocon – a Mercedes junior driver – to let Hamilton by.
Subsequently it has emerged that a number of teams contacted the FIA, suggesting that there had been collusion between Mercedes and its customer team.
Following an investigation into the circumstances of the matter, however, the governing body decided that there was no merit in pursuing it further.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

"I`m saying nothing"

As my Ferrari friends keep saying, "innocent until proven guilty" Haha, so it was an amazing overtake then?...…  Wink

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ocon-...o-1045248/

"Ocon conspiracy theories rubbished amid team complaints"    Tongue

Just to be clear, I don't think Ocon did his career any harm, by...……... being so fantastically over taken (Hehe) by the Mercedes cars.    Idea

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(09-06-2018, 01:46 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  "I`m saying nothing"

As my Ferrari friends keep saying, "innocent until proven guilty" Haha, so it was an amazing overtake then?...…  Wink

Just to be clear, I don't think Ocon did his career any harm, by...……... being so fantastically over taken (Hehe) by the Mercedes cars.    Idea

No doubt it was the smart thing to do at the time, dont blame them at all.....and as far as I can see they had little choice but to bullshit the fia or be found guilty.....the blatant porkies/press release still makes me laugh though Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli    Cool

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post