Drivers who will lose their seats next year

Where will the English boys go though Jody? Mclaren for Llando perhaps? Where does GR go though

Gearge Russell to Williams is the latest rumour. Lando is still trying to weasel out of McLaren last I heard. Soooo, yeah, he's clearly not willing to settle for pootling round in a crap car in F1. His management team aren't extending his contract with McLaren, which is what normally happens when a youngster shines like he is, so that's why the vultures are circling.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

Red Bull F1 junior Ticktum loses Super Formula seat for rest of '19.

Two-time Macau Grand Prix winner Dan Ticktum has lost his drive in Japan's Super Formula series, Autosport understands.

The 20-year-old Briton was placed in Super Formula with Team Mugen as a Red Bull Junior this season, but has scored just a single point from three races thanks to an eighth-place finish at Suzuka in the opening round.

It has been suggested that IndyCar starlet and newly appointed Red Bull Junior Patricio O'Ward, who is making a one-off F2 debut with MP Motorsport at the Red Bull Ring this weekend, will take Ticktum's drive with Team Mugen for the remainder of the Super Formula season.

Sources close to Ticktum were unable to confirm or deny the story, and it is unclear whether the 2018 Formula 3 European Championship runner-up will continue to have a role on the junior programme of Red Bull, for which he also carries out simulator work for the F1 team.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Changes in Red Bull's junior programme have been confirmed, with Britain's Daniel Ticktum dropped mid-year.

Ticktum, who joined the hugely-successful scheme in 2017, moved to Japan's Super Formula this season after finishing second in last year's European F3 championship to Mick Schumacher but has scored just one point after three races.

Red Bull boss Christian Horner told Sky F1: "It's a scheme that is results-based. He's had a tough time in Japan, it wasn't working out. He was a member of the junior team and it was decided that he wasn't the right guy moving forward as an option for either us or Toro Rosso. Therefore, the stumps were called."

"He was given the shot, he was given the opportunity, it's up to these guys to grab that with both hands."

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

I dont know much about the guy but from what little I have read I do know he is a handful and lacks the discipline to be a top driver. No shock to me RBR have dropped him. Some people have the talent and no brains others have the brains but no talent. To succeed in sports today you need both in abundance.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

(04-07-2019, 03:31 PM)NeilP Wrote:  I dont know much about the guy but from what little I have read I do know he is a handful and lacks the discipline to be a top driver. No shock to me RBR have dropped him.  Some people have the talent and no brains others have the brains but no talent. To succeed in sports today you need both in abundance.

Yeah Neil the lad had to much to say, I was hoping (as a Brit) he would learn better & have the talent to make it to F1, sadly not, still as Forza pointed out to me you don't get a nickname like *Dan Dicktum* for no reason, silly lad...

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

"Tsunoda will replace Kvyat in 2021 at AlphaTauri."
In Italian press.
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post

(16-09-2020, 02:30 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  "Tsunoda will replace Kvyat in 2021 at AlphaTauri."
In Italian press.

Well I saw this coming tbh, Honda want one of their drivers in and as I mentioned when you supply engines its got a lot of sway!! He's not done bad in F2 to be fair but he's nowhere near as Kyvat yet imho.
[+] 1 user Likes Beano's post

(16-09-2020, 03:07 PM)Beano Wrote:  
(16-09-2020, 02:30 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  "Tsunoda will replace Kvyat in 2021 at AlphaTauri."
In Italian press.

Well I saw this coming tbh, Honda want one of their drivers in and as I mentioned when you supply engines its got a lot of sway!! He's not done bad in F2 to be fair but he's nowhere near as Kyvat yet imho.

I admit I don't know the guy. Feel a bit bad for Kvyat. He did nothing wrong and again gets treated like the ugly girl you keep as a back up when you can't get the pretty girl.
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post

(16-09-2020, 05:17 PM)Antilochos Wrote:  
(16-09-2020, 03:07 PM)Beano Wrote:  
In Italian press.

I admit I don't know the guy. Feel a bit bad for Kvyat. He did nothing wrong and again gets treated like the ugly girl you keep as a back up when you can't get the pretty girl.

Ah you mean the 1.50am woman in the nightclubs  Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like Beano's post