Drivers who will lose their seats next year

(12-05-2018, 04:50 PM)morini Wrote:  I know it's not good for repeat business, but I'd have greeted them with a shotgun!

C4 coverage starts in 10 minutes

Lol, they have been repeat customers for years and often point out they dont come to me for my charm Wink

Yeah bud will watch on C4. (and hope for a different result haha)

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(12-05-2018, 03:36 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Stoffel Vandorne

I had high hopes for Stoff, but he's not showed anything. Surprised and very disappointed. One of Rons prodigies (and Ron usually has a good eye for the fast kids).
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(12-05-2018, 04:57 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Yeah bud will watch on C4. (and hope for a different result haha)

At least on C4 you won't have to listen to Croft and Brundle. Those two really squeak my pips!
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Yeah Morini, we shouldn't forget how good Vandorne was in junior formula. He was rapid, and it wasn't just Ron. A number of other F1 luminaries thought the world was at his feet. His F1 debut was mightily impressive, but he seems to have lost his way, which is desperate. He's a top bloke, but there's nowhere to hide in F1.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

(12-05-2018, 05:35 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Yeah Morini, we shouldn't forget how good Vandorne was in junior formula. He was rapid, and it wasn't just Ron. A number of other F1 luminaries thought the world was at his feet. His F1 debut was mightily impressive, but he seems to have lost his way, which is desperate. He's a top bloke, but there's nowhere to hide in F1.

Agree, on all fronts. F1 is brutal, and small margins can make massive differences. For what it is worth (i.e nothing Smile  ) my view is the McLaren team are 100% geared to go in Alonsos direction. It might not suit Stoffs way of driving.

Not making excuses for the guy, like everyone else I saw him coming through and he looked a bit special. But we all know the stars need to align to do well in F1. It's a shame, I like to see the good guys get some success. Brutal, brutal sport.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(12-05-2018, 05:00 PM)morini Wrote:  At least on C4 you won't have to listen to Croft and Brundle. Those two really squeak my pips!

I quite like Brundle though cant stand that other tosser Crofty...and dont get me started on that gobshite Lazenby

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Quote Forza, "I quite like Brundle though cant stand that other tosser Crofty...and dont get me started on that gobshite Lazenby"

Same bud, to me Brundle is the best by a country mile, as for Crofty & Lazenby they cant take a long walk off a short plank.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

If I was putting together a list of people I'd like to smack round the face with a garden space, "Crofty" (what a shit nickname) and Lazenby would be close to top of the list.

Back to the discussion, both Norris and especially Russell shone today in the F2 race 1 in Barcelona. The sprint race will be interesting. But right now? It looks like this might actually shake out to be s straight race between the two young Brits.
[+] 4 users Like Jody Barton's post

It is so encouraging to have some Brit talent coming though. We went through a very dry period (with a few notable exceptions) during the 80's, 90's and 2000's.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

You forgot the 10's also, who did we have, Chilton, Stevens and finally Palmer, they were all very dry......

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post