2018 Spanish GP

(11-05-2018, 10:47 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Yeah, would love to see Bottas do the business after the disappointment of Baku, he is looking good so far in what has been a tad messy session for most of the drivers.

Well he had a spin on a purple lap, but he's looking determined.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Will they need to stop/red flag to repair the piece of boarding that has come loose and drooping down off one of the gantries?

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

(11-05-2018, 11:07 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Will they need to stop/red flag to repair the piece of boarding that has come loose and drooping down off one of the gantries?

I don't think they will (20 minutes left). VB purple/purple/purple on a 10 lap old set of softs. He's really out to prove a point this weekend I think. Merc have put Hamilton out on the mediums for some reason, so he's nowhere near.

(11-05-2018, 11:09 AM)morini Wrote:  I don't think they will (20 minutes left). VB purple/purple/purple on a 10 lap old set of softs. He's really out to prove a point this weekend I think. Merc have put Hamilton out on the mediums for some reason, so he's nowhere near.

I would imagine they will do the reverse come fp2 and use mediums on VB for longer runs

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Yes, probably.

What are the deltas between the tyres? Hamilton was still faster than the other guys running softs and ss. Obviously Ferrari have not showed what they have got at all (as usual on a Friday morning), but it does not look planted on a green track. In fact, looked a bit of a handful on the onboards.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Not sure about the deltas, trying to do a little work and watch at the same time lol. Yeah the ferrari doesnt look as stable when compared to merc so far, I expect to see things a little more representative come fp2 with the track coming more towards them....not sure if I like the ferrari `dog ears` Wink

Yep, it'll be a different story this afternoon. But my early money is on VB to dominate the whole weekend. Of course, we don't know how Mercedes will handle the tyres, I still think that could be a big factor this weekend.

Can watch friday pactice (with one eye) now because I've negotiated a change in my contract. Only on site Tue/Wed/Thur from now on, working from home Mon/Fri. Means 2 nights away instead of 4 and the telly just happens to be on (muted) Smile
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

That sounds better...2 nights as opposed to 4 away from home, nice.
I have 4 motors to get ready for tomorrow morning and with there being F1 this weekend its not looking good, have a young lad coming in to help out at lunchtime but I still feel a long afternoon coming on Wink

That was a bit naughty from Kmag on LeClerc.

(11-05-2018, 11:37 AM)forzaferrari Wrote:  That sounds better...2 nights as opposed to 4 away from home, nice.
I have 4 motors to get ready for tomorrow morning and with there being  F1 this weekend its not looking good, have a young lad coming in to help out at lunchtime but I still feel a long afternoon coming on Wink

That was a bit naughty from Kmag on LeClerc.

Never going to happen. You may as well give in now and watch FP2 with a couple of beers Wink
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

The difference in tyre selection up and down the field for this weekend, we will see this big mix in practice sessions.

That was really just a testing session. Merc looking to be on top of things, but still no big upgrades, which tells me they are still trying to figure out what they have. Melbourne showed it was a good package, they just need to optimise it. Ferrari merely just waving high to the party again. Hopefully good signs from McLaren, but it's just too early. I'll wait for FP2 long runs and FP3 final runs before hazarding pecking order. Good show from Leclerc though. Way ahead of Ericcson, for this session at least, that understeer setup is paying off. Magnussen has lost it, some big punishment is due very soon.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post