2018 Spanish GP

So those winglets above the mirrors are the maximum height mirrors can be? and now with the allowance of mirrors appendages direct from the halo, the loophole allows full utilisation of the mirror height regulation for aero gain.

Those are some really developed winglets also, Ferrari have had this design for a long time allowing such refinement in its contours. They were just waiting for the loophole to be opened, which happened in the Baku weekend.

Love it, maybe a bit unsightly, but its a good bit of innovation.

Ferrari aren't letting up their development drive that has been so aggressive since day one. New floor also in Spain.
McLaren doing a great job of not showing any upgrades at all.....

Mercedes track walk (well kind of)

https://twitter.com/i/moments/994572599005974529

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post

(10-05-2018, 03:10 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Front view..

I am not sure why people get so bent out shape by teams pushing the limits, is that not the very essence of Formula 1? I have always been against total standardization it kills innovation. Good for Ferrari they picked up the gauntlet thrown down by Mercedes and have seemingly explored every avenue to get level and then ahead of Mercedes (Is there really any doubt they have the best car this season...really).

It will be interesting to see to see what upgrades this weekend brings for me the most impressive showing has been that Ferrari seem to have a more powerful engine than Mercedes or if not more powerful certainly it has been shown to be the fastest so far this year. (I dont profess to know much of anything about Aero but obviously it goes hand in hand with Engine power!)>

As more of Mercedes fan I am already resigned to the fact that barring major incidents or shockingly good upgrades we are clearly second best this season and they just have to get what they can when they can.  The only reason Vettel and Ferrari are even close rather than almost out of sight is because of bad luck and Ferrari mistakes and that is not going to continue all year long.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

New floor...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Weather wise: Dry for all sessions

Looking good for Free Practices, warmest of the weekend.
Saturday, good conditions also, slightly lower temps, but still comfortable.
Sunday, overnight rain and a wet morning gives the track a wash, although new asphalt might not make too much difference. Dry afternoon for race. Stable temps.

[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Red Bull/McLaren will "look quite different" with Spain updates...

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/red-b...a-1035634/

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

One of the best Fridays on the calendar, hyped for the changes on cars.

[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post

(10-05-2018, 04:13 PM)NeilP Wrote:  As more of Mercedes fan I am already resigned to the fact that barring major incidents or shockingly good upgrades we are clearly second best this season...

I think it's really hard to tell. It's worth remembering that some of the track's we've been to are not necessarily 'representative' of where everyone is at. I also can't believe that the Merc PU has fallen behind Ferrari - how fast were those Force India's in Baku?

But.... yes Ferrari has made a step forward (compared to Mercedes) from last year and as far as aero goes, they might be the best team this year.
[+] 3 users Like BrendanSylvester's post

Watching FP1.

Looks like Valterri has the bit between his teeth this weekend! Go on VB, show 'em all how quick you are. Lewis nowhere near him currently, on the softs.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Kubica currently 8 tenths ahead of Stroll in the Williams sh*te bucket. Fair play.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(11-05-2018, 10:40 AM)morini Wrote:  Watching FP1.

Looks like Valterri has the bit between his teeth this weekend! Go on VB, show 'em all how quick you are. Lewis nowhere near him currently, on the softs.

Yeah, would love to see Bottas do the business after the disappointment of Baku, he is looking good so far in what has been a tad messy session for most of the drivers.

[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post