2018 Spanish GP

I hope you are right. Actually, I hope it's a dogfight, but I still see tyres scuppering Mercedes. It has been an Achilles heel over the years.
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

(09-05-2018, 07:27 PM)morini Wrote:  I hope you are right. Actually, I hope it's a dogfight, but I still see tyres scuppering Mercedes. It has been an Achilles heel over the years.

Youre right there, it seems just to be a trait of that car and as it hasn't fundamentally changed over the past few years I dont see how they can bolt on or bolt off their way out of that particular characteristic.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

If Mercedes aren't right back at the pointy end this weekend then I think they'll be slamming that panic button. The way they were talking after Baku they were expecting to bring a HUGE upgrade to the car this weekend. If that doesn't sort out the W09's woes they'll be deeply concerned.

Another thing to look out for is teams taking a second Power Unit. If teams are planning on exceeding the 3 PU limit that's been imposed, then Spain is the first place I'd expect to see evidence of that as it's the first track where a new engine turned up to max in qualifying might be worth it. It's not so big a deal in Monaco, and I'd expect second PU's in Canada as standard any way.
[+] 4 users Like Jody Barton's post

Well, that didn't take long. Expect to see teams with mirrors hanging from halos. Ferrari certainly have.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.

Vile...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Good find Forza, that looks fine, is that Photoshopped though? Check Ferraris out!

[Image: Dc0zAj_XkAAuBAi.jpg]

Some are not going to like that upper winglet at all. I expect Brundle to have a moan about it.

Track changes and DRS extension. Not that there was much track to extend it by.

https://www.pitpass.com/61703/Spanish-GP...es-and-DRS

[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Hmmm... When people were suggesting this might happen at the end of last season the FIA (Charlie to be precise) said it wouldn't because of the limited fairings allowed on the halo, the rules wouldn't permit it we were told... wrong!!!

One would think Ferrari were the main driving force behind getting this new ruling implemented.....

[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post

The truth is the FIA in their attempts to be overly specific in their rulings leave massive loopholes, and yeah, teams will exploit them. Given Ferrari pushed these rules (the halo and those around the halo) then of course they were going to be best suited to them. I'm not sure that should be the take home though.

Front view..

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)